Scotrail

ScottR96

8 minutes ago, strichener said:

Going by that article, the pay of the average criminal lawyer is £47k

Pay criminal lawyers train driver wages.

That's only for legal aid work isn't it?  Punters that can afford to pay will be paying a hell of a lot more than that.

Lawyers don't make half as much as folk think and the hours they have to put in are horrendous.

It used to be making partner was where the serious coin was but I don't even know of that's true anymore.

Funnily enough I know one criminal defence lawyer who has just jacked it to go into teaching. 

GB News thought they were onto a winner when they decided to interview a cabbie about the rail strikes.

I think a bigger issue to ask a taxi driver would be to discuss if they should pave Norwich to put up a parking lot, therefore alleviating traffic congestion.

20 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Lawyers don't make half as much as folk think and the hours they have to put in are horrendous.

It used to be making partner was where the serious coin was but I don't even know of that's true anymore.

Funnily enough I know one criminal defence lawyer who has just jacked it to go into teaching. 

I know a PF and the hours she puts in are ridiculous, going by civil service website for not a heap more than teachers.

7 hours ago, strichener said:

Congratulations on your first post! 

I am really interested on where there is a statement that the public sector consists of higher skilled workers.  I think you may be misunderstanding the words that you are reading.  If anything the report content would imply the exact opposite of that.

I look forward to your second post which might even be able to show some evidence of a half truth or misinformation.  I have my doubts.

Do you plan on being around for a while? 1 post every 16 years, suggests you might be in for a bit of a wait...

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

GB News thought they were onto a winner when they decided to interview a cabbie about the rail strikes.

Why do I always end up with the taxi driver that gives me his unwanted opinions? 

This guy sounds like one of life's good c***s

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Depends where you work..

https://www.legalcheek.com/2022/05/city-pay-war-clifford-chance-responds-with-improved-125k-nq-lawyer-rate/

image.png.1570f604d01e38d1409dccdc94dd6779.png

https://careers.cliffordchance.com/london/what-we-offer/training-contract.html

2 hours ago, RH33 said:

I know a PF and the hours she puts in are ridiculous, going by civil service website for not a heap more than teachers.

Well, sure but many PFs do a few years of that then cross to the other side with excellent experience, become a QC and perhaps a judge.

Pretty good cashola.

What I would say about your common or garden law firms (I do some maintenance for one in Edinburgh) is that for people below partner they expect a shitload of work for not great pay. In addition, they all look bored as f**k. It may well be that for some, making partner is the holy grail, but it looks awful.

I suppose you have to make decent wedge to pay for that second home in Elie?

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure what relevance the biggest firms in London have to what somebody makes working for Thorntons in Arbroath but I still wouldn't do their hours and workload for 125k.

What they aren't advertising there is the income targets they are expected to hit for their 6 figure salary. 

There's a reason they have onsite gyms, healthcare, concierge and free meals after a certain time at night. 

I'll take half the money to sit in my own wee cab pressing a stop and go button thanks.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Well, sure but many PFs do a few years of that then cross to the other side with excellent experience, become a QC and perhaps a judge.

Pretty good cashola.

What I would say about your common or garden law firms (I do some maintenance for one in Edinburgh) is that for people below partner they expect a shitload of work for not great pay. In addition, they all look bored as f**k. It may well be that for some, making partner is the holy grail, but it looks awful.

I suppose you have to make decent wedge to pay for that second home in Elie?

Thought it was Doctors that were famous for having second home up there.

Got the bus into work this morning given the train strikes and I was hugely impressed with the driver. Not only did he take us all between bus stops, he collected payment or checked passes for every passenger, managed his speed accordingly and even used a steering wheel. These guys must be on six figures.

Schapps on ITV now being interviewed. Rail workers should go back to work in gratitude for furlough apparently. 
Some absolutely incredible takes coming out on the back of this perfectly legitimate industrial action, and not just from open tories you would expect it from, as this thread has demonstrated.

Got the bus into work this morning given the train strikes and I was hugely impressed with the driver. Not only did he take us all between bus stops, he collected payment or checked passes for every passenger, managed his speed accordingly and even used a steering wheel. These guys must be on six figures.
Be pretty impressive if he could drive a bus without the steering wheel. At that point he'd definitely warrant a 6 figure salary.