Scotrail

ScottR96

There's police at st James so I suspect the signal issue is actually a suicide.

Fair enough. Scotrail were fairly consistent in saying it was signalling problems at Woodhall.

Usually if someone's done themselves in they'll say there's been an 'incident'.

Fair enough. Scotrail were fairly consistent in saying it was signalling problems at Woodhall.

"Liver on the line"

This really.

I don't know where the place in question is, but I do know there was signalling issues at Kilmarnock during the week. My last job was cancelled as a result. There was another signalling issue during the week at Thornhill as well. No idea if they are all related as I don't know that side of things extremely well just yet.

Exactly, I get inconvenienced for months so people like you* and your fancy, high level trains get some posh new tunnel to admire.

I like the idea of strip lighting in the tunnel mind you, make it an attraction.

*I've no idea if you do get any use out of it. But for arguments sake I'm going to imagine you do.

That's the spirit!  :lol:

Not enough UKIP or immigration comments imo.

Anyone been on the trains in Holland?  What are they like compared to ours?

As Abellio are the Dutch government international transport division, maybe they will bring in some of the things they have over there?

They are known as 'Nederlandse Spoorwegen' in Holland.

None of that foreign muck here, if you don't mind.

Never had much of an issue before with ScotRail.

First day of the Queen Street closure and the replacement conductor we were supposed to get has read their new timetable wrong and went right into Glasgow. Been stuck at Cumbernauld for over half an hour whilst they send someone out as the current one needs to "get a taxi back to Edinburgh."

Just the five months to go!

Got in and out of the city no problem today.  Indeed the only issue was not hearing how this conversation on Platform 9 finished

Daft Burd "Is this the Edinburgh Train?"

Scotrail Employee "No, it's for Alloa"

DB "Does it go through Edinburgh then?"

SE "No"

DB "Why no'?"

At that point I had to board said Alloa train, so never heard the no doubt wonderful end of that one.

Interesting how tomorrow works out - Q St LL platforms were pretty busy, despite it being Sunday afternoon.  Not sure how a Monday rush hour commuterfest is going to go down.

I'd imagine working on the trains takes all the joy out of talking to idiots.

We can laugh, but that was probably the eighth time that poor b*****d had been involved in that conversation since lunch.

Travelling to Carlisle today:

Return ticket from Queens Park: £57.20.

Return ticket from Glasgow Central: £20.50.

£36.50 higher for an extra 2 mile journey. Thankfully I wasn't daft enough to pay it.