Scotrail

ScottR96

Scotrail have decided to wing it for the next two Sundays with the 'temporary' Sunday timetable not kicking in until June 12th. Terrific.
Seems a very ambitious move.

There were over 350 cancellations last Sunday.

If the drivers don’t like the pay and conditions, why don’t they go and get another job. There are plenty out there. This is farcical getting held to ransom by militant trouble makers.

Right up there with the Tory "Why don't poor people just work harder if they don't want to be so poor?"

38 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

If the drivers don’t like the pay and conditions, why don’t they go and get another job. There are plenty out there. This is farcical getting held to ransom by militant trouble makers.

I'm sure they can buy their own train and go self employed.

Yup drivers fault not the greedy company that run the service into the ground, these b*****d drivers should take what is essentially a big pay cut and be grateful.

Just now, Empty It said:
39 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Yup drivers fault not the greedy company that run the service into the ground, these b*****d drivers should take what is essentially a big pay cut and be grateful.

Pretty much everyone is taking a 'pay cut' by that definition. What makes drivers on £50k a year uniquely deserving of sympathy and support, because their cost of living is going up? 

Pretty much everyone is taking a 'pay cut' by that definition. What makes drivers on £50k a year uniquely deserving of sympathy and support, because their cost of living is going up? 
Your crying about how much they earn really just comes across as being bitter, a 2% wage rise whilst inflation is expected to rise above 10% is not reasonable in any profession.

12 minutes ago, Empty It said:
15 minutes ago, virginton said:

Your crying about how much they earn really just comes across as being bitter, a 2% wage rise whilst inflation is expected to rise above 10% is not reasonable in any profession.

When your salary is already £20k over the national average, you should take your modest rise. It absolutely is reasonable, when many will have their pay frozen or similar low increases, that throw them into utter destitution.

A situation that is not helped by having a public transport service being run into the ground, caused in part by the syndicalist nonsense of the rail unions. Where do you think this extra money is going to come from? 

Edited by vikingTON

When your salary is already £20k over the national average, you should take your modest rise. It absolutely is reasonable, when many will have their pay frozen or similar low increases, that throw them into utter destitution.
A situation that is not helped by having a public transport service being run into the ground, caused in part by the syndicalist nonsense of the rail unions.
So because they're in a skilled job they deserve what's essentially a pay cut because other people don't make as much. Weren't you also bleating on earlier in the thread that it's the train drivers fault for spending within their means because they should've been saving up for something like this, ridiculous argument.

59 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Seem to remember Ronald Reagan firing all the Air Traffic Controllers in the USA.

Seemed to sort things out fairly quickly.

8 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Seem to remember Ronald Reagan firing all the Air Traffic Controllers in the USA.

Seemed to sort things out fairly quickly.

I believe with PATCO being a union of government workers, it was illegal to strike. 

28 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

If they could quickly agree that deal then have the normal timetable reinstated for next week that would be smashing, thanks.

Four fucking weeks apparently.

A verbal referendum will take place at a meeting later on Thursday but the full consultation is likely to last up to four weeks and will be followed by a formal vote.

Mr Lindsay told BBC Scotland it was up to train drivers to decide whether to return to working overtime in the meantime. 

f**k me.

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Mr Lindsay told BBC Scotland it was up to train drivers to decide whether to return to working overtime in the meantime.

Hopefully there will be a nudge and wink to return the same as there was when they stopped, assuming there's some consensus on accepting the offer. 

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

4.2% until the next time they feel like holding the country to ransom. This lunacy needs dealt with, but I’ll not hold my breath. 
I used to work on the railways and I would imagine this will come as no surprise that the RMT rep and his wee gang of cronies were the laziest trouble makers in the job.

Utter scumbags.

I would imagine all the sympathy they are getting on here is because they are not toarees.

Edited by Glen Sannox

15 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

4.2% until the next time they feel like holding the country to ransom. This lunacy needs dealt with, but I’ll not hold my breath. 
I used to work on the railways and I would imagine this will come as no surprise that the RMT rep and his wee gang of cronies were the laziest trouble makers in the job.

Utter scumbags.

I would imagine all the sympathy they are getting on here is because they are not toarees.

Not doing overtime isn’t “holding the country to ransom”.