Scotrail

ScottR96

1 hour ago, Eatmygoal said:

On the train just now. My carriage is plastered with 'try praying' posters. Whilst this may simply be the new temporary timetable, it feels a bit off that this is allowed on a state run service. The French have the right idea. 

Maybe that’s the only way to get a train?

Worth giving it a go.

13 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Maybe he’s talking about Stonehaven?

Yes, Stonehaven.  I think these are the cheapest tickets I have ever bought for that particular journey.  for work trips I have to book through our online booking agency and never get it is cheap as I can do so for myself on the ScotRail website.

10 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
13 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:
Maybe he’s talking about Stonehaven?

Maybe, maybe not. If he'd actually said the name of the place rather than some insular nickname then there wouldn't have been any confusion.

Abody kens it as Stonie.

3 hours ago, Eatmygoal said:

My carriage is plastered with 'try praying' posters. Whilst this may simply be the new temporary timetable...

Having to pray that a train turns up on time was already part and parcel of the previous timetable.

Just received an email from Scotrail (see below). I don't have any upcoming journeys booked (in fact I have absolutely no journeys booked with them). My name is also not Abdulrahim.

Screenshot_20220525-114120_Outlook.thumb.jpg.fcd8fe01e03cbe4a55a2732c5ddbc169.jpg

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Just received an email from Scotrail (see below). I don't have any upcoming journeys booked (in fact I have absolutely no journeys booked with them). My name is also not Abdulrahim.

Screenshot_20220525-114120_Outlook.thumb.jpg.fcd8fe01e03cbe4a55a2732c5ddbc169.jpg

Are you sure?

34 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I got the same email...however it wasnt to Abdulrahim....it was to Natalia (which certainly isnt my name)

36 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Either 

Pretty certain.

5 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

I got the same email...however it wasnt to Abdulrahim....it was to Natalia (which certainly isnt my name)

Idiots.

Just got another email from Scotrail - "Hello....we are sorry our last email to you might have had the wrong name.. Let's try this again....." So they decided not to call me anything this time round (so that they cant get it wrong)

Actually, the Natalia reference on the previous email was a wee bit spooky as the last email I sent previous to receiving  the Scotrail one was actually to someone called Natalia (re Homes for Ukraine scheme)

If your previously booked train is cancelled you can either get a refund or travel the day previous or after on any train.....not a bad deal to be honest.