Scotrail

ScottR96

I'm assuming if I go Dundee-Stirling, it'll take around the same time as usual as it'll be from after there that trains will be an extra half hour journey or so?

Luckily I'm barely in uni after the first week of April (apart from exams in May)

Worth noting this isn't exactly Scotrails fault. It's Network Rail who run run the rail network and are behind this required tunnel upgrade. Unfortunately as someone pointed out earlier, it'll be the poor ScotRail staff who'll take the shite for it.

Scotrail stating 1 train fault will more or less shut down the network in and out of Glasgow. Add this to any signalling issues which will also could be catastrophic

Add this to any signalling issues which will also could be catastrophic

Of course it will. If there's a signal failure how can trains run? There's two options really. Either stop the service or between that point and the next signal trains go at an extremely reduced speed but then that will cause delays and no doubt some trains will have to be pulled.

Had I been able to commit to certain times / dates for advance fares then I would have just flown to East Midlands.

It's absolute madness that it is cheaper to fly than get a train.

There's going to come a point when QOS will go in full 'stop speaking about my employer :angry: ' meltdown.

my bets on March 18th.

:lol: Not at all. I'll never be a jobsworth!

I can see why some things infuriate folk but then other things that they get wound up about I find bizarre. As a person, not just an employee :P

You know the folk who moan the most about delays are the same folk who would try and sue the arse off a company if there was an accident on that service. You can't win with some people. I have noticed that when some folk want to know why there are delays/problems, when given the answer they are never satisfied anyway :lol:

Edited by 19QOS19

You're either a person or an employee of scotrail, you can't be both when having a rant about the people who use your services.

If people are told a train will be at a certain time and it isn't then they are entitled to moan.

If people are told a train will be at a certain time and they are not there in time then they can't moan.

You sir, are a sorry excuse for a Scotrail employee and should be sacked.

So should your supervisors, managers and those above them if they hold the same attitude.

You're a harsh man Fat Larry. I don't feel I've ranted anywhere mind you!

I actually agree about what you say about the times. On my line recently there was a lot of delays due to the West Coast main line closure and Virgin getting priority. Personally I didn't think that was fair on Scotrail's customers and the staff were as annoyed as the passengers. Some folk weren't happy when you told them this was the reason for the delays mind you! The second part is true as well. I was working the other night and some guy was obviously having a disagreement with his Mrs who stormed off the train. He asked me if I'd wait for them and I obviously said I'd wait until the train is meant to depart :huh: FWIW they got back on time, just. But he saw no problem with me holding the train for as long as it took him to calm down his mrs :lol:

You'll never be a jobsworth but got 'annoyed' when your trains are being delayed?

:mellow:

Yeah but I wasn't annoyed for me, I was annoyed that regular paying Scotrail passengers had to suffer delays. It didn't affect me personally but I felt genuinely sorry for customers who pay a lot of money every week were inconvenienced. I wouldn't say that was being a jobsworth. A jobsworth in that situation wouldn't have given a toss?

(I'd like to write something a bit less diplomatic about the situation but Big Brother is always watching and I don't think that would be wise :lol:)

Jobsworth's always care. People who go to work for a wage, wouldn't care. It's engrained in you.

19QOS19 4 Scotrail.

AAF ... IDST.

:lol: Yer a dick Deeboy!

I disagree. I don't think empathy for the people who effectively keep me in a job is a sign of the jobsworth though :P

Edited by 19QOS19

I'm coming back from a ski trip in Austria a day early for the final tomorrow and Austrian trains are the fucking tits. The wifi actually works and there are plenty carriages. The toilets are clean and the temperature is right. It's really depressing knowing I'll be sat on a scotrail train later when there are services that actually do it right. It surely can't be that hard?

My partner is. Train engineer, there is to be a team of them at the stations to fix train break downs to try and keep things moving. I don't expect to see him much!

I bet your glad?

Edited by Waspy

I don't think I've ever had a negative experience of Scotrail. I only use Aberdeen-Edinburgh or Gala-Edinburgh routes though. Knowing when I'm going south means I can book cheap advance singles and it works out cheaper than having the car. Appreciate that daily commuters in the central region will have an entirely different experience however.