Scotrail

ScottR96

25 minutes ago, RiG said:

I was looking at the "temporary" timetable and noticed that there seems to be a train that leaves Nairn at 2257 which then calls at Forres and Elgin before running non stop to Aberdeen getting in around 0107. That seems a bit of a bizarre service to keep running  when you consider what other train journeys have been curtailed.

That one makes no sense at all. Surely they aren't running an empty train from Inverness to Nairn and I also don't know how a train running nonstop from Elgin to Aberdeen will take more than an hour and a half.

The last train from Glasgow Central to Hamilton during the week is now 2048. Hundreds of people use the later trains every single day. 

It was obvious when they started cancelling services for a stiff breeze in the winter that the Scottish Government want to downgrade train services. Sturgeon talks about green issues but if you look anywhere in Scotland public transport is in decline and American style suburbs with no amenities that require a car to do anything are mushrooming. 

13 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

i always thought one of the uses of the expensive edinburgh gateway station was as a quicker,more convenient way to get to the airport for travellers,bizarre that the early morning(not really but as early as scotrail get)train from inverness now no longer stops there.

im pretty much done with scotrail.even with the price of petrol its as cheap to drive and at least you dont have to put up with their pish

Edinburgh Airport's a pain in the arse to get to and from Inverness, if you can't fly direct from Inverness or Aberdeen the English airports or Schiphol are much quicker and easier.

If only there were some Green thinking people helping to run the Central Belt government!

8 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

That one makes no sense at all. Surely they aren't running an empty train from Inverness to Nairn and I also don't know how a train running nonstop from Elgin to Aberdeen will take more than an hour and a half.

Yeah it's an odd one but it's definitely there! 
Train.thumb.PNG.883973e46179791af04d1007c382aa90.PNG

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

Train.thumb.PNG.883973e46179791af04d1007c382aa90.PNG

Handy if you're booked on an early flight from Dyce though.

11 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The last train from Glasgow Central to Hamilton during the week is now 2048. Hundreds of people use the later trains every single day. 

This seems mental. I don’t know Glasgow and Lanarkshire that well but I do occasionally have to go through that way and it seems really heavily populated, surely keeping these services running would be a priority. 

20 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The last train will go as quick as the driver can be arsed, it'll probably be 20-30 minutes early in Aberdeen most nights. 

16 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

This seems mental. I don’t know Glasgow and Lanarkshire that well but I do occasionally have to go through that way and it seems really heavily populated, surely keeping these services running would be a priority. 

Hamilton is the 8th biggest settlement in Scotland and it's 15 miles from Glasgow city centre. The same line serves Motherwell, Larkhall, Bellshill, Uddingston, Blantyre and Wishaw. The towns run into each other and you must be talking a combined 150,000 people.

If they are willing to kill night services on that line then they obviously want rid of them all together.

31 minutes ago, RiG said:

Seems to be an error. Isn't uploaded into the planners. Looking at the schedules seems to be a maintenance or non-passenger service. 

55 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Edinburgh Airport's a pain in the arse to get to and from Inverness, if you can't fly direct from Inverness or Aberdeen the English airports or Schiphol are much quicker and easier.

ScotRail making it even more awkward isn't helpful although totally unsurprising.

I assume our political masters are going to talk a great game about getting us out of cars but not actually do anything to encourage this.again, unsurprising

17 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

ScotRail making it even more awkward isn't helpful although totally unsurprising.

I assume our political masters are going to talk a great game about getting us out of cars but not actually do anything to encourage this.again, unsurprising

This is getting us back into cars.

Everything the SNP touches ends in disaster!!

Mind and ditch the car folks to protect the climate! 

This will heavily impact bars/restaurants in the city centre as folk won't want to feel rushed to finish their evening. My last train home from Glasgow is now 7.45 :lol:. Also really makes things difficult for people at Gigs etc in Glasgow to get home too. 

The Edinburgh to Glasgow timetable is a joke. Last couple of trains from Glasgow heading east are at 2015 and 2215 :lol: 

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

The Edinburgh to Glasgow timetable is a joke. Last couple of trains from Glasgow heading east are at 2015 and 2215 :lol: 

Anyone going from Edinburgh to the Ukraine game is fucked to getting back to Edinburgh afterwards. 

Hope this ‘temporary’ timetable lasts a week. 

3 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Anyone going from Edinburgh to the Ukraine game is fucked to getting back to Edinburgh afterwards. 

Hope this ‘temporary’ timetable lasts a week. 

Citylink are running 24 hours a day between Glasgow and Edinburgh and it's pretty much every 30 mins in the evening. 

They should cut the drivers' wages so they have to take the overtime, just until the new driver intake is trained up. I should get into the mediation business.

Citylink are running 24 hours a day between Glasgow and Edinburgh and it's pretty much every 30 mins in the evening. 

Doesn’t help anyone who stays in between Glasgow or Edinburgh though (unless they happen to live in Eurocentral business park or Harthill services).