Scotrail

ScottR96

That’s the level of service you deserve for attending a ridiculous event like ‘rugby’ in the first place.

Hopefully next time they shunt all your cars into the depot at Bathgate instead and leave the network free for normal people.

10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Fife circle is horrific these days for cancellations.

Horror show getting to and from the rugby on sat. Even the people paid to give advice were useless. Got better info from the boards.

I was taking my wee boy through to Edinburgh on Saturday for his cousins birthday, not realising the egg chasing was on.  Got to Queen Street to get the 12:30 to be met with a gigantic queue that was stretching out the station.  I spotted a Scotrail woman and quickly asked her if this was for all the trains through to Edinburgh, which she confirmed it was.  She asked if it was just me and my son travelling, when I said it was, she took us up to the front of the queue and let us through the barrier and we hopped on the next train.  Very decent of her.

Scotrail, a great bunch.

36 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I was taking my wee boy through to Edinburgh on Saturday for his cousins birthday, not realising the egg chasing was on.  Got to Queen Street to get the 12:30 to be met with a gigantic queue that was stretching out the station.  I spotted a Scotrail woman and quickly asked her if this was for all the trains through to Edinburgh, which she confirmed it was.  She asked if it was just me and my son travelling, when I said it was, she took us up to the front of the queue and let us through the barrier and we hopped on the next train.  Very decent of her.

Scotrail, a great bunch.

Scotrail - Mostly good folk you see on the frontline run by a bunch of Dutch Douchebags

47 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Scotrail, a great bunch.

Out of order that. Helpful for you, but out of order.

He got a pass beyond all those chinless inbred rugger types so its well in order for 99.99% of the  Scottish population.

Well done to Scotrail as well for leaving half of a train at Uphall station on Monday evening and not noticing until the next stop.

Edited by drs

That’s the level of service you deserve for attending a ridiculous event like ‘rugby’ in the first place.

Hopefully next time they shunt all your cars into the depot at Bathgate instead and leave the network free for normal people.
When you see how shit the pars are on sat you can't blame me.

11 hours ago, virginton said:

7 hours ago, drs said:

He got a pass beyond all those chinless inbred rugger types so its well in order for 99.99% of the  Scottish population.

Well done to Scotrail as well for leaving half of a train at Uphall station on Monday evening and not noticing until the next stop.

Oaft!  Two furious gentlemen!  I heard about the Uphall station-gate scandal though.  It's like a mistake one of the characters in Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends would make.

Edited by come on shire

I've navigated around the Haymarket queue.  I've never missed a Scotland home game at Murrayfield since 2012 but I've always had the minimum of fuss.  Heading back I take the tram from Murrafield into St. Andrew's Square which serves Edinburgh Waverley.  The trams are fairly regular so the queue goes down quicker.  Then, I can get on at Waverley station which means I've got a seat when the masses get on at Haymarket.

However, the worst experience I've had was on a rare occasion I go to a Scotland football game. This was vs Wales at Hampden just a few years ago.  The queue to Mount Florida wound down alllll the way to the bottom of the hill where the entrance to the Hampden complex is!  Almost missed my final connecting train!  Whilst seeing Scotland win at football is nice I guess, it's just a wee night out for me  and not worth missing my last train over.

I've been to only 3 other Scotland football games and just took the car.  Far easier... 

Edited by come on shire

However, the worst experience I've had was on a rare occasion I go to a Scotland football game. This was vs Wales at Hampden just a few years ago.  The queue to Mount Florida wound down alllll the way to the bottom of the hill where the entrance to the Hampden complex is!  Almost missed my final connecting train!  Whilst seeing Scotland win at football is nice I guess, it's just a wee night out for me  and not worth missing my last train over.
I've been to only 3 other Scotland football games and just took the car.  Far easier... 

Whisper it quietly but if anyone is heading back into Glasgow City centre from Hampden after a midweek game walk to Kings Park station.

Train to Glasgow Central at 29 mins past doesn't stop at Mount Florida (it goes via Langside) so avoids the crowds & although the one at 59 mins past does stop at Mount Florida you're already on the train as Kings Park is the stop before.

15 minutes ago, cdisaaccie said:

Whisper it quietly but if anyone is heading back into Glasgow City centre from Hampden after a midweek game walk to Kings Park station.

Train to Glasgow Central at 29 mins past doesn't stop at Mount Florida (it goes via Langside) so avoids the crowds & although the one at 59 mins past does stop at Mount Florida you're already on the train as Kings Park is the stop before.

worldburn-top.jpg

He knew how to get round the train congestion in Edinburgh and now you've gone and told him how to get round the Hampden crowds as well. Next you'll be telling away supporters about the easy parking in Whitehill that lets you get out to the expressway quickly.

Thinking going to Clach away at Keith on Saturday and stopping the night. The train would be £35.80 if I book it as 2 singles, there's no return ticket available apart from a day return. If I get a day return for Saturday and another day return on Sunday it's £27.50. :1eye

Ended up spending £41.25 after booking 2 return tickets on Saturday my mistake and having to buy another one for Sunday. I'm a fucking genius. :(

Edited by welshbairn

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Thinking going to Clach away at Keith on Saturday and stopping the night. The train would be £35.80 if I book it as 2 singles, there's no return ticket available apart from a day return. If I get a day return for Saturday and another day return on Sunday it's £27.50. :1eye

A night in Keith?