Scotrail

ScottR96

On 27/12/2023 at 17:33, doulikefish said:

Driver unhurt thankfully.A pic of the train hit by a tree today 

20231227_173135.jpg

I was working in Balmossie a few days after this. The boys were on who went to the shout. The inside cab photo is horrific. No idea how the boy got up and  walked out without a mark on him.

You would think there must be a better way to tell if a route is blocked rather than human inspections, even on the major routes like East coast main line and Edinburgh to Glasgow.

Edited by 101

3 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I was working in Balmossie a few days after this. The boys were on who went to the shout. The inside cab photo is horrific. No idea how the boy got up and  walked out without a mark on him.

he was lying on the floor by the sounds of it when it hit 

4 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Breaking news 🤣🤣

Scotrail have had all this on there social media since Friday 

was only so many lines shut at first with the rest with a speed restriction. But it changed to a full closure today 

I've been on call outs all might left Dundee at 7 and just in the door now. On my way to Glasgow the van was hit by a marauding wheelie bin and a sizeable branch. On the way to Aberdeen the roads are strewn with half trees.

I think it's a fair guess that the trains won't be on tomorrow morning.

On 21/01/2024 at 17:35, Derry Alli said:

At 13:17 hrs on 27 December 2023, a passenger train travelling between Balmossie and Broughty Ferry on the Perth to Aberdeen line struck a tree which had fallen across the track from outside of the railway. The train was travelling at 84 mph (135 km/h) when the collision occurred. The driver of the train made an emergency brake application and took shelter behind the driving seat immediately before the impact.

On the day of the accident, storm Gerrit had brought heavy rain and strong winds across Scotland and other parts of the UK.

The driver received minor injuries as a result of the accident and the driving cab of the train was heavily damaged, disabling the train and requiring its passengers to be evacuated.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/collision-with-a-tree-near-broughty-ferry

• 2 months later...

Was down at Motherwell vs Aberdeen a couple of weekends ago and had booked megabus down to Glasgow and the train home (less than £15 each way). Was sat having a coffee in Union Sq before the bus and thought I'd jump on to the Scotrail website to see what a walk up single would've cost me to get to Glasgow. 

£48.90. Not much wonder no c**t gets the train. 

2 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Was down at Motherwell vs Aberdeen a couple of weekends ago and had booked megabus down to Glasgow and the train home (less than £15 each way). Was sat having a coffee in Union Sq before the bus and thought I'd jump on to the Scotrail website to see what a walk up single would've cost me to get to Glasgow. 

£48.90. Not much wonder no c**t gets the train. 

For a second I thought that was the price Motherwell to Glasgow!

The "long distance" prices are a joke on the day, I do wonder if competition would help bring the price down but given the bus is so so much cheaper I'm not convinced that alternatives on the railway would help much and the prices on comparable LNER routes don't seem to have much impact.

Single fares are often a joke- in the Glasgow area returns can be the same price.

When I head up to Aberdeen, the advance fares are usually good value but can be hard to get at short notice. Usually I end up having to buy a bizarre combination of 3 tickets usually Glasgow to Perth then Perth to Montrose and Montrose to Stonehaven to save £10. 

Edited by flyingscot