Scotrail

ScottR96

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Presumably they sometimes announce connecting services.

Looking through the transcript they appear to be covering an extraordinary number of bases, yet not them all.

I'm willing to bet the "London Overground Service to..." has never been used, yet if for some unbeknown reason it was needed, they would be unable to say where it was going.

Very odd.

Purely a guess as i don't have any inclination to see how extensive the file is, but possibly something to do with the recently departed Abellio? Obviously they were/are operators of a few toc's south of the border too, and the stock station names and phrases can probably be done in the voice of Scotrail lady, Greater Anglia man or whatever. There's every possibility there's a wee Merseyrail wifey version of Partick, or Paisley Gilmour Street that will never be heard over their tannoys. 

3 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Purely a guess as i don't have any inclination to see how extensive the file is, but possibly something to do with the recently departed Abellio? Obviously they were/are operators of a few toc's south of the border too, and the stock station names and phrases can probably be done in the voice of Scotrail lady, Greater Anglia man or whatever. There's every possibility there's a wee Merseyrail wifey version of Partick, or Paisley Gilmour Street that will never be heard over their tannoys. 

I hope not. The Scotrail versions of half the stations north of Dumbarton are bad enough. 

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

I hope not. The Scotrail versions of half the stations north of Dumbarton are bad enough. 

I’d be intrigued to see what the Scotrail version of “Mexia” would be if the Texas high-speed rail, with a local option, ever came to be.

For those wondering, it’s “Meh-hay-uh”.

24 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

No I get all that, I just don't see the point in recording "This is a"... "London Overground service to" and then not being able to say, for example, "Richmond"

Half arsed 🤷🏻‍♂️

37 minutes ago, Cairn Terrier said:

Not really ScotRail, but does anybody know if trains are running from London to Scotland on a Sunday? Will be travelling up in October, but can't book tickets yet, but even if I get tickets will there be trains?

LNER might do trains from there on a Sunday.

Check here: https://www.lner.co.uk/travel-information/travelling-later/timetables/

Edited by DA Baracus

43 minutes ago, Cairn Terrier said:

Not really ScotRail, but does anybody know if trains are running from London to Scotland on a Sunday? Will be travelling up in October, but can't book tickets yet, but even if I get tickets will there be trains?

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ have tickets going on 16/10 to Carlisle but they're ridiculously expensive, £95 single. I'd hang on for a bit, I'm sure there will be trains and a lot cheaper than that. If there's engineering works they should lay on coaches for that bit of the journey. I'd expect the strikes to be sorted by then.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Yes but go LNER from KX to Waverley.  More frequent trains and a faster journey.

If he was going to Edinburgh he could probably have saved money with Lumo. But he wants the West Coast line.