Scotrail

ScottR96

I voted yes in the last referendum and up to the last election always voted SNP but have no intention to do it again as they're currently being run. Covid has been the single most important issue in my life and I completely disagree with the way the handled almost the entire thing, they can ram it. 
Pretty much this. At the beginning of Covid I thought they handled it better than the c***s down the road but somehow said c***s ended up doing it better than the SNP; which says just how badly the SNP fucked it up. f**k knows how badly they'd nanny us if they had full power. Arseholes.

7 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

They do theirselves no favours st all. I shall probably get red dotted for this but if we do get another referendum and it’s a no vote. SNP really should be voted out at the next general election. 

Im the same, there seems to be too many people in scotland who fall for their nonsense every election, 

I get a lot of voters now still harbour resentment at the tories for the early 90's, and labour dont have a clue what they want to do now, but it shouldn't stop the current scotgov being held accountable to the absolute disasters they have made and are going to make 

8 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

They do theirselves no favours st all. I shall probably get red dotted for this but if we do get another referendum and it’s a no vote. SNP really should be voted out at the next general election. 

Should be getting a red dot for that t.b.h.

Not even allowed on the train if you’re drunk apparently 
Rather leave vulnerable women who are intoxicated at the platform than allow them a safe journey home.
That rule has been in place for years. A crowd of us had a few beers coming back up from Haydock races a few years ago. Got to Central and we had a while to wait for what was the last Ayr train. A couple of our group went out front for a smoke and one of the guys tripped and fell. Station staff then decided he was "too drunk" to travel. We were arguing with the duty manager for a good 5m but he was not going to let him travel and was telling us he would need to find alternative transport (taxi to Irvine was £70 ffs). At that point 2 BTP appeared, pulled the guy aside and a few seconds later he came back telling us we were all piling into a couple of taxis to Paisley to catch the exact same train he wasn't allowed to board at Central. Basically the BTP told him to do this as in their opinion the station manager was being a p***k but they couldn't force him to let us board. A total farce that basically cost us an extra fiver each and made 2 taxi drivers £20 fares to Paisley.

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

How are they going to stop drunk folk getting on a train? The vast majority of the time you aren't 'checked' getting on to a train. You simply scan your ticket at the barrier/put your ticket in the machine at the barrier then walk on and grab a seat. 

I suspect that, like the drinking ban, this will not only be almost never enforced, but is pretty much impossible to enforce save for very rare occasions.

I'm ashamed to admit that the man at the ticket turnstile said he wouldn't let me go down stairs to a low level platform. He compromised though and put me in the lift.

Everybody was happy in the end...except the other passengers listening to me snoring. I got off at the right stop, which is always a bonus.

On 30/07/2022 at 10:30, Sergeant Wilson said:

Everybody was happy in the end...except the other passengers listening to me snoring. got off at the right stop, which is always a bonus.

100% - wouldn't want to wake up and find you'd inadvertently landed in the post apocalyptic shithole that is Airdrie, or the likes.

19 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

100% - wouldn't want to wake up and find you'd inadvertently landed in the post apocalyptic shithole that is Airdrie, or the likes.

That was the good old days before the line got extended.

I have got the Edinburgh "sleeper" a few times though.

2 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

When I still lived in sunny Dumbarton, had a mate who was trying to get home after a day on the sauce in Glasgow.

Got the Helensburgh train (good start) but fell asleep, only waking up in Helensburgh. He stayed on the train with the intention of getting off at Dumbarton ( fair backup plan) when the train went back up the track, bound for Airdrie.

Fell asleep again, woke up in Airdrie, and as it had been the last train, he had to phone a mate to come and get him home.

I once went out till 10am on a Sunday, jumped on a train back to Hamilton, fell asleep but thankfully as it was a Sunday the train went through Hamilton to Motherwell then headed back and I woke up when we hit Hamilton on the way back to Glasgow 

3 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I once went out till 10am on a Sunday, jumped on a train back to Hamilton, fell asleep but thankfully as it was a Sunday the train went through Hamilton to Motherwell then headed back and I woke up when we hit Hamilton on the way back to Glasgow 

I think my record is getting on at Queen St, out to Airdrie when it was the last stop, then backthe way before waking up in Yoker.

On 31/07/2022 at 17:13, Sergeant Wilson said:

I think my record is getting on at Queen St, out to Airdrie when it was the last stop, then backthe way before waking up in Yoker.

I've done similar, got on at Queen Street, promptly fell asleep, woke up in Coatbridge having gone all the way to Balloch and back, and had to sit on the train as it made it's way back to Alexandria. Think I was on the train for about 3 hours all told.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday; train delayed by 20 minutes because of a power issues in Perth or Dundee or something. Eventually a train turned up on a platform full of people going to either Glasgow or Edinburgh and the ticket man had to tell everyone it was a Glasgow train because none of the announcements were working. Which caused a fair bit of confusion and folk getting on then quickly rushing off.

Today, train delayed by 30 minutes due to speed restrictions caused by rain. Could’ve had an extra half hour in bed. But here we are.

Anyway. Needed somewhere to rant. So that feels a lot better.

Just now, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

This is a soothing listen for anybody missing the Scotrail experience today.

Haha. The start is interesting. Do any SouthWest or Midland Mainline trains call at any Scottish stations? If they don't, why would they record these?