Scotrail

ScottR96

5 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

There's one woman one the Aberdeen to Glasgowine who makes a great show of wandering up and down the carriages shouting about alcohol being banned but does nothing about it. 

Pretty sure I met her last year in Queen street. Shouting she isnae allowed to see my can but jokingly.

Again last season conductors were fine leaving ye be as long as you kept the cans under the table and were cool.

It's when the polis get on ye wanna hide it. They tend to follow the yoofs on busier trains.

10 hours ago, eez-eh said:

The confiscating of it is bad enough but to then stand there beside it grinning like a pair of gormless clowns, as if this is what they got into policing for, is really the cherry on top.

Fucking gimps.

Standing there like they’ve just bust a Colombian cartel and took 500 kilo of cocaine off the streets. What a genuinely sad profession the police must be if they find taking bottles of alcopops and Mad Dog off teenagers worthy of a picture. Someone has actually taken the time to collect them all, take them to a police office, line them up neatly on the table and then shout a couple of bottom feeder officers in for a picture. 

Just clocked that it’s the Transport Police too, even the normal police look down at them. 

Something to think about for Royal Mail workers who are going on strike over pay. The unions are saying the company is bluffing. The striking workers had better hope their unions are correct because it won't be the unions leaders facing the dole queue if they are wrong.
Royal Mail threatens to split up business as it reports £1m a day loss (msn.com)
I have to say that if I was an employee there and read this from the CWU general secretary it wouldn't fill me with any confidence that this guy knew what he was talking about. Thinking he can directly compare an increase in stamp prices with their latest wage rise offer should be a red flag in that regard.

The CWU’s deputy general secretary, Terry Pullinger, said Royal Mail’s purported 5.5% pay offer actually amounted to a 2% increase at a time of soaring inflation, which last month reached a new 40-year high of 9.4%.

Pullinger added: “They put the price of a stamp up 11%, but they’ve offered a 2% pay rise to their workers. The extra money they make on that doesn’t come back into the industry, it won’t go back to the workers. It will go straight out the window into shareholders’ pockets.”

Wrong thread? What has any of that got to do with Scotrail ?

On 19/07/2022 at 12:52, RiG said:

if they want to deliver a safe environment for people to travel by train they can start by using trains with more than 3 carriages between Inverness and the central belt. Especially during the summer periods when the trains are rammed with tourists. 

Case in point here. Standing room only on departure yet again on the 1050ish service from Inverness heading south. This has been a regular occurrence for years now and Scotrail do nothing about it. Still, at least no one is drinking though...

Edited by RiG

On 19/07/2022 at 15:29, Dons_1988 said:

I wasn’t actually being particularly serious. I’m getting a train this week for the first time in ages and quite fancy a couple. 

Was trying to be discreet and Just had terrible timing taking a sip of my can just as I accidentally locked eyes with the conductor. 

Tried to keep my head down but sure enough he came up, tapped me on the shoulder and said…

”caught ye!” 

Then walked off laughing :lol:

5 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I'm not convinced any of the quotes in that article are new tbh - it looks like a copy and paste from a previous time their not exactly truthful reply went somewhat viral on twitter.

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

A: Because Scotland's politicians and the public health puritan lobby form a tight clique based on paternalism, that is personified by the former Health Secretary/'chief mammy' figure as First Minister. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Why do they even bother when it's so widely ignored?

There are people who won’t have a drink because it’s not allowed though. I bet fewer people are having a drink on the train.

There will also be cases where it is enforced. I’m sure the BTP put out a tweet showing confiscated alcohol a few days ago. 

15 hours ago, Clown Job said:

First the booze ban and now this 

The wording here is ambiguous. 

The man was either on the train having a chug between Polmont and Falkirk High, or the train was passing as the man was chugging, presumably whilst standing by the side of the tracks, and people saw him. 

Schrodinger's cat has nothing on this guy.

9 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The wording here is ambiguous. 

The man was either on the train having a chug between Polmont and Falkirk High, or the train was passing as the man was chugging, presumably whilst standing by the side of the tracks, and people saw him. 

Schrodinger's cat has nothing on this guy.

Aye, definitely some ambiguity in the wording. My guess is that he was in the vicinity of the track polishing his helmet as the train passed. If not, and he ripped the heid aff it from Polmont to Falkirk High, then I can only admire and envy his staying power as that journey must take the best part of 5 minutes.