Scotrail

ScottR96

How about if we raise the minimum wage by 15 percent, give public sector workers a rise equivalent to the rate of inflation and revisit income tax - significantly increasing it for those earning over £100k a year. 

42 minutes ago, Aufc said:

You can hate the tories and want to be successful and help your kids

How does paying inheritance tax stop you or your children being successful. 

Help your kids by making sure they have a safe loving upbringing which supports them to succeed on their own merits.

It's no different to stating you don't want to pay income tax as you want to take the wife on a nice holiday.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

We can only be 2 or 3 posts away from someone stating that structuring your estate to pass as much of your wealth on as possible can somehow still mean "AM WORKIN CLASS!"

I'm first in my family to buy a house, parents never, brother and sister haven't. I am wondering if I'm now middle class. 

How about if we raise the minimum wage by 15 percent, give public sector workers a rise equivalent to the rate of inflation and revisit income tax - significantly increasing it for those earning over £100k a year. 

As someone who earns a more than decent salary, I would happily pay more tax if it means better public services. I am probably in the minority with that

9 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I'm first in my family to buy a house, parents never, brother and sister haven't. I am wondering if I'm now middle class. 

Owning your own home doesn’t make you a Tory.  Sadly in the U.K. there are millions of deluded arseholes who think that home ownership/a few quid in the bank/a decent salary etc. means that their interests are aligned with the likes of Johnson, Mogg, Sunak, Patel, etc.

It’s delusional and self defeating.

We've established from this thread that you're middle class if you earn 30k. Only you will know where you stand in the class system now.

13 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

How does paying inheritance tax stop you or your children being successful. 

Help your kids by making sure they have a safe loving upbringing which supports them to succeed on their own merits.

It's no different to stating you don't want to pay income tax as you want to take the wife on a nice holiday.

Is tax avoidance ok if you want to take someone else’s wife on a nice holiday?

Asking for my wife…

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Owning your own home doesn’t make you a Tory.  Sadly in the U.K. there are millions of deluded arseholes who think that home ownership/a few quid in the bank/a decent salary etc. means that their interests are aligned with the likes of Johnson, Mogg, Sunak, Patel, etc.

When he wants to leave his house to his kids (after sitting on it for a few years so it goes up in value obviously) does that make him a Tory?

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

When he wants to leave his house to his kids (after sitting on it for a few years so it goes up in value obviously) does that make him a Tory?

No.  Next question.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

No.  Next question.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Depends if he votes Tory I'd imagine.

I thought supporting inherited unearned wealth automatically made you a Tory?

51 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Thinking someone with property and assets worth 6 figures shouldn't be paying for their own care because then their brats won't get the assets, Tories outing themselves all over the place here.

The scary thing is, it’s not even unique to being a Tory. I know folk who I could never paint as being tories, who I know would never vote/ have never voted for them, and their mindset is “the Government isnae fucking getting their hands on it”. 

Just points to a general attitude in society of “I’m alright Jack, and if I’m alright, then f**k everyone else” 

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I fell into that trap for a couple of years, thankfully I got a grip of myself.

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I thought supporting inherited unearned wealth automatically made you a Tory?

Very little wealth is ‘unearned’.  Any wealth I have accumulated I have been taxed on including what I earned to buy my house which will go to my kids when I die.  In fairness I got tax relief on my pension contributions, so there is that.

The scary thing is, it’s not even unique to being a Tory. I know folk who I could never paint as being tories, who I know would never vote/ have never voted for them, and their mindset is “the Government isnae fucking getting their hands on it”. 

Just points to a general attitude in society of “I’m alright Jack, and if I’m alright, then f**k everyone else” 
Not all selfish greedy arseholes are Tories but all Tories are selfish greedy arseholes.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Very little wealth is ‘unearned’.  Any wealth I have accumulated I have been taxed on including what I earned to buy my house which will go to my kids when I die.  In fairness I got tax relief on my pension contributions, so there is that.

Your kids won’t have earned it if you’re handing it to them.

Obviously anyone with any social conscience at all would be leaving their estate to the state, or charity.

11 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Your kids won’t have earned it if you’re handing it to them.

Obviously anyone with any serious mental disorder would be leaving their estate to the state.

FTFY