Scotrail

ScottR96

The chief executive of network rail is on £500k or thereabouts is he not? If he thinks his company is a crock of shit why doesn't he take a pay cut for overseeing such a terrible organisation rather than saying if folk shared vans it will all be okay.

Loads of big companies have flabby, inefficient maintenance management systems. Almost all of them also have time writing systems to book jobs against.

Literally none of that is news. But that said, I am sure it's a wild exaggeration, or if it isn't, it will involve citing the person who raised the issue with a plug socket, the manager who approved the work, the planner who planned the work, etc etc.

Absolute spin on a very common workplace frustration.

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

The chief executive of network rail is on £500k or thereabouts is he not? If he thinks his company is a crock of shit why doesn't he take a pay cut for overseeing such a terrible organisation rather than saying if folk shared vans it will all be okay.

Even if this is all exaggeration, you would think that work efficiencies would form a big part of wage negotiations as, the more efficient and lean the organisation is, then the more can be given out in wages. With a shortage of labour it’s hard to use the argument of protecting employment levels.

would like to hear more on this specific contention about Network Rail.

23 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Even if this is all exaggeration, you would think that work efficiencies would form a big part of wage negotiations as, the more efficient and lean the organisation is, then the more can be given out in wages. With a shortage of labour it’s hard to use the argument of protecting employment levels.

would like to hear more on this specific contention about Network Rail.

I don't think increasing the number of hours worked coupled with redundancies is going to address the issues raised in the article. 

I think the article is designed to say look how inefficient it is (by a man paid a very very decent wage to run the firm) without saying how the proposed pay offer helps tackle the issues raised.

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

I don't think increasing the number of hours worked coupled with redundancies is going to address the issues raised in the article. 

I think the article is designed to say look how inefficient it is (by a man paid a very very decent wage to run the firm) without saying how the proposed pay offer helps tackle the issues raised.

If the story was anyway near true you wouldn’t need to increase the number of worked hours as the jobs needing done could be performed in fewer man hours. There always must be people retiring or leaving for multitudinous reasons which means that a gradual reduction in the workforce could be achieved without mass redundancies, I would have thought.

Anyway, we need more facts!

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

When Labour is lead by a multimillionaire with the title Sir you can’t really claim they’re a party of and for the working class 

Horrible to see the multimillionaire trying to stop front bench labour MPs from going on picket lines. No wonder labour is losing the working class vote. 

Frank Sobotka was a good union man and had links to organised crime (including human trafficking). It's not a stretch to believe that many union officials participate in similar criminal activity.

48 minutes ago, yoda said:

Frank Sobotka was a good union man and had links to organised crime (including human trafficking). It's not a stretch to believe that many union officials participate in similar criminal activity.

Define many

21 hours ago, sophia said:

This one is ok but I preferred his earlier stuff 

I wonder how many Sun and Heil journos are working the nightshift to come up with some dirt.

I'll be very disappointed if it's just a decent house or that he drives a fancy car.

Footage of him singing The Internationale with Corbyn would be thin gruel but good for the gammon rage.

Howling at this video.