Scotrail

ScottR96

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

But the idea that these people should accept their lot without question because some folk are jealous of their wage is just pure, distilled Tory. 

Nobody has actually stated this, so please clear up the mess that your straw man punching exercise has made in this thread. 

Edited by vikingTON

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

Nobody has actually stated this, so please clear up the mess that your straw man punching exercise has made in this thread. 

Theres been no shortage of this sentiment expressed on this thread. 

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

They clearly didn't reach the threshold at which they felt any the loss of public support was really all that material to them.. 

Shock horror, workers not giving a f**k about the public that actively pay their wages, and now its ran by the scotgov its literally ALL the taxpayers funding this, not just the ones using the service, cant imagine that going down well with the folks on less than 50grand a year

Just now, 54_and_counting said:

Shock horror, workers not giving a f**k about the public that actively pay their wages, and now its ran by the scotgov its literally ALL the taxpayers funding this, not just the ones using the service, cant imagine that going down well with the folks on less than 50grand a year

The public "actively pay their wages"? 

Are you one of these folk that goes up to coppers giving it "I pay your wages mate!!!"

Scotgov has actively pushed the "arms length" company line, but even if it hadn't, the idea that the priorities of the Scotrail employees should suddenly shift, a couple of months post-nationalisation, to being dedicated servants of the hard working public (these people are working marks just like the rest of us) and they should forego their rights to industrial action and collective bargaining is an absolute minter. 

And ALL of that aside, its difficult to believe that your issue here is with the extra couple of percent they have fought for, when the entirety of their wages, overtime, any bonuses etc now comes out the public purse. Why don't you just be honest and tell us you don't thik these people deserve to earn what they earn, based on your arbitrrily arrived at beliefs on who is worth what?

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The public "actively pay their wages"? 

Are you one of these folk that goes up to coppers giving it "I pay your wages mate!!!"

Scotgov has actively pushed the "arms length" company line, but even if it hadn't, the idea that the priorities of the Scotrail employees should suddenly shift, a couple of months post-nationalisation, to being dedicated servants of the hard working public (these people are working marks just like the rest of us) and they should forego their rights to industrial action and collective bargaining is an absolute minter. 

And ALL of that aside, its difficult to believe that your issue here is with the extra couple of percent they have fought for, when the entirety of their wages, overtime, any bonuses etc now comes out the public purse. Why don't you just be honest and tell us you don't thik these people deserve to earn what they earn, based on your arbitrrily arrived at beliefs on who is worth what?

Of course they dont deserve it, f**k sake ambulance paramedics earn way less than a train driver, can you imagine the uproar of all the ambulance medics went "f**k this lets strike" 

When the rail service was privately owned, it was bad enough, the train users had to face shite services for expensive fares, but at least they (well most) had the choice to choose different transport

Now the taxpayers are paying for a shit service that is going to cost even more money for the same shit service, 

Why anyone would think they deserve their wage and its worth the service provided is beyond me

1 minute ago, 54_and_counting said:

Of course they dont deserve it, f**k sake ambulance paramedics earn way less than a train driver, can you imagine the uproar of all the ambulance medics went "f**k this lets strike" 

When the rail service was privately owned, it was bad enough, the train users had to face shite services for expensive fares, but at least they (well most) had the choice to choose different transport

Now the taxpayers are paying for a shit service that is going to cost even more money for the same shit service, 

Why anyone would think they deserve their wage and its worth the service provided is beyond me

Whats your issue with the service provided by train drivers, specifically?

Not getting the argument that someone doesn't deserve their pay because others make less generally (obviously this doesn't apply to the c***s making hundreds of times the wage of their workers).

Edited by DA Baracus

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Not getting the argument that someone doesn't deserve their pay because others make less generally (obviously this does apply to the c***s making hundreds of times the wage of their workers).

No, speculating that people don't deserve their wages is very much a "true colours" moment

56 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Alcohol ban kept in place for the summer. :lol: 

48 minutes ago, Tynie Tappertit said:

Morons.

39 minutes ago, Left Back said:

That’s never getting lifted.

I'm not sure what they think it being achieved given it's widely ignored (hoping that Todd is Godd doesn't start telling us that conductors should confiscate all alcohol on trains and demand the details of everyone who drinks on a train so that they can be given a fine!).

Agree with Left Back, it's never getting lifted and not sure why they're pretending otherwise. No one is fooled.

37 minutes ago, Tynie Tappertit said:

It's absolutely pitiful nanny state shite at its worst.

Aye, it's nonsense. How do they justify it? Folk can drink on LNER and Cross Country trains in Scotland (indeed they even sell alcohol on them in Scotland!) and it's not like they arrive at their final stops burnt out husks after some mad rioting from boozed up fuckers, with a startling death toll!

45 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm not sure what they think it being achieved given it's widely ignored (hoping that Todd is Godd doesn't start telling us that conductors should confiscate all alcohol on trains and demand the details of everyone who drinks on a train so that they can be given a fine!).

Agree with Left Back, it's never getting lifted and not sure why they're pretending otherwise. No one is fooled.

The alcohol ban is a nonsense, but, given BTP do not patrol every train, who do you think Scotrail's managers are expecting to enforce it if not their conductors?

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

The alcohol ban is a nonsense, but, given BTP do not patrol every train, who do you think Scotrail's managers are expecting to enforce it if not their conductors?

I'm not sure they really expect the conductors to enforce it given how, in my experience at least, the vast majority of conductors don't care or even say anything.

Did Scotrail even have a say in it? I know they brought it in during COVID, but there was a logic to it regardless of it folk agreed with it or not. Now that most COVID restrictions have been lifted and most folk have been vaccinated, there isn't any justification for keeping the ban in place, and it comes across as a government decision and not a Scotrail one (harder to make the distinction now mind). Wonder if it's a lost revenue stream too (selling cans etc on the train I mean)?

1 minute ago, philpy said:

Not every conductor enforces it.

I've never once see a conductor even try. Don't blame them. I imagine some do at least try, but on some services you have whole carriages and even a majority of an entire train having drinks.

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The same people who currently enforce no motorbikes on the train. Or no fireworks displays. None of which changes the fact that Conductors aren't coppers, which I imagine is where you are going with this re fare dodging. 

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I've never once see a conductor even try. Don't blame them. I imagine some do at least try, but on some services you have whole carriages and even a majority of an entire train having drinks.

I went over on the train for a raith (only fife team in the championship) last season, had 3 neck oils on the way there, and a couple of jd and coke tins on the way back, conducters never batted an eyelid.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The same people who currently enforce no motorbikes on the train. Or no fireworks displays. None of which changes the fact that Conductors aren't coppers, which I imagine is where you are going with this re fare dodging. 

Where I was going with it was that certain posters claim it's just not possible for Scotrail to enforce penalty fares because conductors might get a slap for issuing them, yet this is in direct contrast to the fact that Scotrail are clearly willing to risk their conductors "getting a slap" by expecting them to enforce alcohol bans.

That many don't actually do it is neither here nor there.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 minute ago, philpy said:

I went over on the train for a raith (only fife team in the championship) last season, had 3 neck oils on the way there, and a couple of jd and coke tins on the way back, conducters never batted an eyelid.

Aye I've had a few cans on the train on the way home from the football multiple times last season and the conductor never once said a thing. In fact, one was even joking about it with the folk sitting boozing at a table in front of me.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Where I was going with it was that certain posters claim it's just not possible for Scotrail to enforce penalty fares because conductors might get a slap for issuing them, yet this is in direct contrast to the fact that Scotrail are clearly willing to risk their conductors "getting a slap" by expecting them to enforce alcohol bans.

I'm not sure Scotrail really expect them to enforce it other than telling folk they shouldn't be doing it.