Scotrail

ScottR96

Guest Flash

BBC reporting now that the RMT leaders haven’t rejected the Scotrail pay offer and they will decide whether or not to accept it next week. So, the strike ballot isn’t definite at the moment. Comments are at the end of the article about the late night services.

“RMT general secretary Mick Lynch said: "This matter has not been considered by our national executive committee and will be put before them next week so they can make a decision."”

BBC News

Edited by Flash

As predicted, it's now the turn of teachers and binmen.
Nicola Sturgeon on collision course with teachers and binmen over pay (msn.com)
Funny how gammons like yourself are getting all upset about public sector workers wanting a fair pay rise, 9 billion wasted on unusable or expired PPE during the covid pandemic but it's the workers wanting a pay rise that's making taxes go up.

And good for them for collectivising and organising themselves to ensure that is, and remains, the case.
A newly qualified teacher is in the top half of earners in the country. After five years they're over £40k.

I'm not saying they aren't deserving of more, but to say they're in danger of not being able to make ends meet is ridiculous.

25 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

A newly qualified teacher is in the top half of earners in the country. After five years they're over £40k.

I'm not saying they aren't deserving of more, but to say they're in danger of not being able to make ends meet is ridiculous.

Tbh, it's turn of phrase, but they are protecting themselves, and if they are spending to their means, or maybe the sole income for a family, then it won't take long in the current climate before the ends don't meet. Some people have more cloth there to be cut than others, but everyone who is telling those queuing up to tell us all how reasonable we must be when asking for pay rises that reflect the increase in cost of living (like the governor of the BoE, and Boris Johnson) to go f**k themselves have my support. 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It seems odd that petrol stations and supermarkets can put their prices up to compensate for increased costs, with begrudging acceptance, but when workers try to up the price of their labour they're seen as greedy wreckers.

Who the f**k is accepting of increased prices? What a load of shite. There’s an entire thread centred around folk seething about increased energy prices. The rise in Petrol prices is affecting me a lot personally and I’m certainly not happy about it. You’ve just totally invented that entire post.

2 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Who the f**k is accepting of increased prices? What a load of shite. There’s an entire thread centred around folk seething about increased energy prices. The rise in Petrol prices is affecting me a lot personally and I’m certainly not happy about it. You’ve just totally invented that entire post.

Nobody is accusing petrol stations of being greedy by passing on their increased costs to customers.

Edited by welshbairn

Meanwhile, the govt are looking at legislation to allow agency workers to replace striking workers, not doubt cheered on by the braying gammons of the English working class who vote for the Leopards eating peoples faces party.....

if they are spending to their means, or maybe the sole income for a family, then it won't take long in the current climate before the ends don't meet.

If folk are spending at their limit on forty grand a year then I doubt chucking an extra 10% their way is going to inject them with financial prudence.

Rewarding people with a pay rise because they didn't save for a rainy day and don't want to trade in their Audi for a hatchback is sheer folly.

The usual suspects moaning about workers having the audacity to ask for more - I assume these same people are content with their wages and wouldn't dream of asking for a wage rise?

I'm content with my current wages and have never asked for a wage rise in my life.