Scotrail

ScottR96

On 27/05/2022 at 21:23, Brother Blades said:

You are genuinely a Tory, your use of gifs, whilst amusing, doesn’t disguise the fact that you are punching down on people you see as below you. 
“Ordinary workers” as you term them are definitely suffering because of this, but train drivers are also ordinary workers. Strange you take the management side? 

Show me please where I've taken Scotrail management's side in this dispute. Be extremely specific. 

The reality is that both sides in this dispute are completely in the wrong. And my very straightforward solution - turn railway workers into civil servants with the associated rights/protections, while losing their syndicalist nonsense resort to strike action - is literally the opposite of 'Tory' policy in any employee dispute.

Meanwhile you can't actually decide from post to post whether your heroes are in fact 'being punched down' on, or are in fact significantly above a poster you're very, very rattled about indeed.

All in all, a solid 0/10 contribution from yourself then. 

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

Edited by vikingTON

5 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Wonder how many people are in a similar situation to myself tonight, having to cancel a night out watching the Champions League final because the last train home (for me) is 8:50pm

I'd move to somewhere with a pub in walking distance, as pointed out above.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

turn railway workers into civil servants with the associated rights/protections, while losing their syndicalist nonsense resort to strike action

FREEDOM!!!! 

45 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

A great comfort to pubs in the city centres that lost millions of pounds of custom through no fault of their own, I'm sure. At least it has been a vintage couple of years for them beforehand. 

Next up, why nurses should move to work in a hospital within walking distance, because a public transport system can no longer service their shift patterns!

Edited by vikingTON

29 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/8935570/scotrail-train-driver-mortified-cuts/

A Scotrail driver is claiming that service cuts of 15% would have been enough for the emergency timetable.

Train drivers are the last people I would be listening to with regards to anything related to strike action. They are well aware of their power within the industry; a train can’t move if it’s not got a driver, and they hang that threat over the regulator wether it’s Abellio or ScotGov with regular occurrence. 

I was a contractor in a Scotrail depot during the dispute where the drivers were demanding extra money for journeys that didn’t have a guard on board. The ‘Sunday working’ dispute that has been ongoing for as long as I can remember, is also something that the drivers have been instructed to push back against by the RMT so it can be used as a bargaining chip at every turn. They have never been scheduled for Sunday working, instead taking shifts at an overtime rate and when the drivers are happy it all goes along without a hitch. When the drivers find an issue, they threaten the removal of Sunday work, and the RMT also ask all other full time staff to comply with the overtime ban as well. So cleaners, storemen, forklift drivers etc., who aren’t on anything like the salary of a train driver, need to forego an overtime shift which more than likely they have factored in to their wage. 

Because I was contracting I had no dealings with the union, but I did get to hear the ins and outs of the (many) disputes, and it’s no secret that the drivers are not well thought of amongst the full time staff. I’ve got 101 stories about drivers from my time on the trains, and I’m sure some of them are nice guys, but from my experience a majority of them have an extremely high opinion of themselves which isn’t justified. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I was rightfully red dotted for the smugness of this post, being lucky enough to live in a city where every pub is within walking distance.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Good to see Welshy continue to make it abundantly clear he's an absolute sack.

Sad to see your manners and marbles haven't survived long covid thread.

3 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/8935570/scotrail-train-driver-mortified-cuts/

A Scotrail driver is claiming that service cuts of 15% would have been enough for the emergency timetable.

That's inline with what I've been told this afternoon, there's drivers available but the level of cuts is management politics and optics.

On 29/05/2022 at 12:55, welshbairn said:

I was rightfully red dotted for the smugness of this post, being lucky enough to live in a city where every pub is within walking distance.

being smug about living in inverness is worthy of a red dot

On 29/05/2022 at 09:46, Mark Connolly said:

Visiting a city centre for a gig or an event on a Saturday night is not a commute by any credible definition; but other than that, a solid 0/10 post.