Scotrail

ScottR96

8 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

That one makes no sense at all. Surely they aren't running an empty train from Inverness to Nairn and I also don't know how a train running nonstop from Elgin to Aberdeen will take more than an hour and a half.

Yeah it's an odd one but it's definitely there! 
Train.thumb.PNG.883973e46179791af04d1007c382aa90.PNG

11 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The last train from Glasgow Central to Hamilton during the week is now 2048. Hundreds of people use the later trains every single day. 

This seems mental. I don’t know Glasgow and Lanarkshire that well but I do occasionally have to go through that way and it seems really heavily populated, surely keeping these services running would be a priority. 

20 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

That one makes no sense at all. Surely they aren't running an empty train from Inverness to Nairn and I also don't know how a train running nonstop from Elgin to Aberdeen will take more than an hour and a half.

The last train will go as quick as the driver can be arsed, it'll probably be 20-30 minutes early in Aberdeen most nights. 

16 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

This seems mental. I don’t know Glasgow and Lanarkshire that well but I do occasionally have to go through that way and it seems really heavily populated, surely keeping these services running would be a priority. 

Hamilton is the 8th biggest settlement in Scotland and it's 15 miles from Glasgow city centre. The same line serves Motherwell, Larkhall, Bellshill, Uddingston, Blantyre and Wishaw. The towns run into each other and you must be talking a combined 150,000 people.

If they are willing to kill night services on that line then they obviously want rid of them all together.

55 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Edinburgh Airport's a pain in the arse to get to and from Inverness, if you can't fly direct from Inverness or Aberdeen the English airports or Schiphol are much quicker and easier.

ScotRail making it even more awkward isn't helpful although totally unsurprising.

I assume our political masters are going to talk a great game about getting us out of cars but not actually do anything to encourage this.again, unsurprising

17 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

ScotRail making it even more awkward isn't helpful although totally unsurprising.

I assume our political masters are going to talk a great game about getting us out of cars but not actually do anything to encourage this.again, unsurprising

This is getting us back into cars.

Everything the SNP touches ends in disaster!!

Mind and ditch the car folks to protect the climate! 

This will heavily impact bars/restaurants in the city centre as folk won't want to feel rushed to finish their evening. My last train home from Glasgow is now 7.45 :lol:. Also really makes things difficult for people at Gigs etc in Glasgow to get home too. 

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

The Edinburgh to Glasgow timetable is a joke. Last couple of trains from Glasgow heading east are at 2015 and 2215 :lol: 

Anyone going from Edinburgh to the Ukraine game is fucked to getting back to Edinburgh afterwards. 

Hope this ‘temporary’ timetable lasts a week. 

3 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Anyone going from Edinburgh to the Ukraine game is fucked to getting back to Edinburgh afterwards. 

Hope this ‘temporary’ timetable lasts a week. 

Citylink are running 24 hours a day between Glasgow and Edinburgh and it's pretty much every 30 mins in the evening. 

Citylink are running 24 hours a day between Glasgow and Edinburgh and it's pretty much every 30 mins in the evening. 

Doesn’t help anyone who stays in between Glasgow or Edinburgh though (unless they happen to live in Eurocentral business park or Harthill services).

They should cut the drivers' wages so they have to take the overtime, just until the new driver intake is trained up. I should get into the mediation business.

How dare folk choose not work on their days off. The country is going to the dogs...

As @virginton said earlier, if your business model is based on drivers having to regularly work beyond their normal contracted hours so your company can deliver a (barely) functioning service then you might want to look at how you are doing things because that approach is not going to last.

ETA: That fucking name change still a thing then :lol: 

Edited by RiG

Can you give Scotrail staff 7%+ pay rises, but keep NHS and Teachers at lower rises...?

NMC balloted their nurses last year and had a turnout of 30%. They can't complain about their wages if they don't bother to fight for it when given the chance. They should be fighting for better work conditions ahead of money anyway. My Mrs is a community nurse and her workload and conditions are ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

How dare folk choose not work on their days off. The country is going to the dogs...

Is it not Union strategy rather than individual preference though, to keep the pressure up on wage negotiations?