Scotrail

ScottR96

4 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

There's still no sign of the catering trollies being brought back, so I imagine bevvy won't be allowed until at least then.

Did ScotRail just pay off the catering staff once furlough ended, or have they been redeployed elsewhere?

Helping with the driving and signals.

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The naivety of this post is cute.

I was meaning the ticket collector can warn them with a specific offence and the transport police rather than expecting him to throw them off the train on his own.

I was meaning the ticket collector can warn them with a specific offence and the transport police rather than expecting him to throw them off the train on his own.

See my first response.

In theory it sounds excellent. In reality it's sadly nothing like that. The alcohol ban has done absolutely nothing to stop antisocial behaviour because they either bring it on with them anyway or are already canned up before boarding. The ban only really hurts folk who can drink responsibly as the c***s just continue to be c***s regardless.

The way people are behaving on trains the now the on board staff are more likely to receive a mouthful of abuse/be assaulted rather than listened to in regards to warning them with a specific offense.

I suspect they might keep it so they can deal more easily with annoying drunken arseholes. I've never had a problem with a can on the table even when they're checking tickets.

I was too slow to shift my bottle of wine and was told to put it away or it’d be binned. Since then I’ve just kept anything hidden when I see them coming. Might be a bit harder on Saturday with 12 cans though.

5 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, gannonball said:
You can’t re-introduce it as long as masks are still mandatory tbh

Why would that make a difference?

Telling folk to wear a mask other than for the odd sip or bite to eat is probably deemed acceptable but it would be taking the piss to have somebody drinking away with a bag of cans whilst everybody else is to wear a mask.

Telling folk to wear a mask other than for the odd sip or bite to eat is probably deemed acceptable but it would be taking the piss to have somebody drinking away with a bag of cans whilst everybody else is to wear a mask.
There are plenty on the trains who slowly munch their way through a big bag of crisps, or sip away at a bottle of water in order to avoid having their mask on properly. The median train journey in Scotland isn't long enough to have more than a couple of cans anyway. It seems to me the alcohol ban is a (as we've seen, barely enforceable) solution in search of a problem.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:
21 minutes ago, gannonball said:

There are plenty on the trains who slowly munch their way through a big bag of crisps, or sip away at a bottle of water in order to avoid having their mask on properly. The median train journey in Scotland isn't long enough to have more than a couple of cans anyway. It seems to me the alcohol ban is a (as we've seen, barely enforceable) solution in search of a problem.

The difference is though you cant really tell people not to eat or hydrate on a train but you can tell them they cant drink.   I appreciate there are plenty of flaws and people at it but I do sympathise with train conductors trying to enforce the mask policy politely and it’s not going to help when folk are drinking alcohol on the train. For the avoidance of doubt I hope for the mask thing to be ditched soon enough and then the ban lifted as it’s a vastly underrated pleasure having a can on the train and watching the world go by.

There is a railway bylaw that is hardly ever used about stopping drunks getting on trains.

Almost impossible to police unless you need to pass through a ticket barrier.

3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

While they're at it they can bring advanced tickets back.

I'm looking at 42 quid for a return to Glasgow for a journey that usually costs me about 20.

i was wondering about that myself-seem to be nothing other than full price tickets which is a pain when its from the highlands to the central belt im looking for

10 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

i was wondering about that myself-seem to be nothing other than full price tickets which is a pain when its from the highlands to the central belt im looking for

Is there anywhere you can split the tickets?

Noticed that all over, lack of advance tickets.