Scotrail

ScottR96

Scotrail are just starting to enforcing the conditions of travel much more rigorously now they've added a lot of machines to stations that didn't have anything. Same as Englandshire. If the machine doesn't accept cash and you want to pay cash however you can still jump the train.

On 20/11/2019 at 15:39, Busta Nut said:

They have always advised that as the best way to travel, Two weeks ago when they started this pish I got the train from Motherwell to Glasgow. I arrived and there were queues at the ticket machine and the manned booths. My train was due in 1 minute so I thought I'd buy on the train. The conductor never appeared so I went to the wee both on platform 6 and the employee behind that charged me £7.50 (peak fee) for an off peak travel. This is the first time in about 10 years this has happened so they are obviously being c***s about it. I wasn't trying to bump anyone, there is also fuckin barriers there.

They must have a policy of being c***s now. Even on their social media.

Get in tight behind someone at the slow opening wider gate. Problem solved.

On the occasions I get the train to Edinburgh for work there is absolutely no value to me buying a ticket before I board. A peak return is over £5 whereas I can normally waltz through at Waverley as the train tends to arrive at barrierless platforms. A single, with my railcard, home under £2. On the occasion they have people waiting to check tickets I just hand them an old ticket and walk on. 

Once they sort out their pathetic pricing structure where you’ve no idea how to get the cheapest fare (often breaking journeys up is much cheap thus conning the public) and have trains with enough space for everyone I may feel guilty about skipping a fare.

I’ve rarely had issues with the punctuality of trains though and the staff have always been helpful (with a couple of exceptions). Their app is shite though and constantly crashes.

People that get triggered by the social media account are doing it all wrong. Chill out.