Scotrail

ScottR96

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Not that I use trains but say you buy the wrong tickets online, who do you go to, to sort it out?
I presume this dosnt happen a lot?

The place where you bought them from?

You can get refunds on all tickets (minus a £10 admin fee), except Advance tickets where you can only change the date/time.

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Not that I use trains but say you buy the wrong tickets online, who do you go to, to sort it out?

If it is within 24 hours of purchase they will do it for free (I am sure). If not there is an admin charge of circa £10. This was certainly how it used to be.

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

If it is within 24 hours of purchase they will do it for free (I am sure). If not there is an admin charge of circa £10. This was certainly how it used to be.

Not anymore, at least online anyway. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Do you have to print the tickets off aye? If so, speak to the booking office staff before you print them off. I'm not 100% on this process tbh but there is something in my head about an admin fee if you change tickets. Not entirely sure what that applies to though.

Was just curious, as with booking offices closing.
Meh

16 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Infuriated at the weekend by morons who can't work the ticket barriers. You'd think it was some sort of complex puzzle.

I saw someone slamming their paper ticket against smart card reader with increasing fury.

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

I saw someone slamming their paper ticket against smart card reader with increasing fury.

See a lot of tourists in Edinburgh touching the ticket symbol with their paper ticket then walking into the gates which haven't opened.

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

Works on the subway. God forbid our transport systems were consistent :lol:

1 hour ago, deej said:

Works on the subway. God forbid our transport systems were consistent :lol:

Always fun seeing someone do this on the Subway:

1 hour ago, RiG said:

See a lot of tourists in Edinburgh touching the ticket symbol with their paper ticket then walking into the gates which haven't opened.

Now to sound like a w**k ; but I've never had an issue with them. Their trains a bit manky and decrepit ; but I only use them about 15-20 times a year and they always turned up, usually at an early bargain basement price too.

• 1 month later...

Scotrail piss me off a fair amount with their service but some of their responses on social media area pretty good.

Earlier today a load of cows got onto the line at Leuchars causing disruption. Someone asked Scotrail how the cow was...

Mooo.thumb.PNG.277fd2042da2f503a754e4daa7212d51.PNG