Scotrail

ScottR96

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Reports that Glasgow Q St evacuated due to fire.

Open again, it was a fault with a train.

ETA the Train was "Clagging" nothing to worry about really

Edited by Adam101

36 minutes ago, bishopburn boy said:

Not that long passed on the Stranraer line !

That's a very good point. Much as I love trains - and Stranraer - I don't see how that train service is sustainable. Before the ferry terminal shut, the train was still half-deserted (more than once, the ferry was a wee bit delayed but the train had merrily set off on time leaving everyone stranded). But it's a cracking trip, even if you don't have some silky football at Stair Park to look forward to at your destination. 

I use the morning train to Stranraer about once a month. It arrives there at about 9 o'clock. The largest number of people I've seen alighting at Stranraer is 5. It's great and Scotrail must continue with this service as I prefer it to driving.

On 18/06/2019 at 22:09, Bold Rover said:

I use the morning train to Stranraer about once a month. It arrives there at about 9 o'clock. The largest number of people I've seen alighting at Stranraer is 5. It's great and Scotrail must continue with this service as I prefer it to driving.

Sounds like the polar opposite of the Inverness services to Glasgow.  2 carriages taking people from the 7th biggest settlement in the country to the biggest.  That's even before you take people getting on at Aviemore and Perth into consideration.  This is on a Friday too.

The shambles that is the Caledonian sleeper service continues with some passengers still being put on buses. They have caused so many problems in recent weeks that Network Rail are running out of patience with them and they have seemingly come very close to barring the trains from their tracks.

The shambles that is the Caledonian sleeper service continues with some passengers still being put on buses. They have caused so many problems in recent weeks that Network Rail are running out of patience with them and they have seemingly come very close to barring the trains from their tracks.
Not Scotrail trains anymore - Serco run them.

1 hour ago, cdisaaccie said:
4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Not Scotrail trains anymore - Serco run them.

Nobody making Rangers jokes? I’m disappointed.