Scotrail

ScottR96

Unless someone pregnant, infirm or elderly gets on presumably
I'd trust none of the above to drive a trolley round a supermarket, never mind a train.
Having now experienced German transport system they put shame to our country amd I’m glad I don’t have to rely on scotrail.
[mention=27442]Stellaboz[/mention] isn't so keen.
I'm not. They're fucking hopeless and see cancelations and delays constantly between Köln and Düsseldorf, two cities with huge commute long traffic daily. The timetable is restricted as f**k too meaning either a crowded, late or non existent trip home.

The Swiss though. The Swiss know what the f**k they're doing.

40 minutes ago, Adam said:

Kicked off the train at Bellgrove because of a failure in the points. I thought if you had a valid train ticket and the train wasn’t operating that you didn’t need to buy a ticket for the bus?

Normally you have to wait until Scotrail post about ticket acceptance being in place.

On 09/05/2019 at 11:25, Boghead ranter said:

image.png.ccaa1e70d58b9a82a99a6f2b8b4cadc2.png

:1eye

That’s almost as good as the end of season offer Celtic had a few years ago - buy the home shirt and the get away one free OR buy the away shirt and get the home one free.

They were being serious, too.

Random one, but I'm right in saying that I can get off a stop early even if there are ticket gates, can't I?

Say I have a return to Glasgow from Milngavie, but want to get off at Partick (and then on in Glasgow again for the return leg) I'm ok to do that without having to buy two singles to the different stations?

29 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Random one, but I'm right in saying that I can get off a stop early even if there are ticket gates, can't I?

Say I have a return to Glasgow from Milngavie, but want to get off at Partick (and then on in Glasgow again for the return leg) I'm ok to do that without having to buy two singles to the different stations?

Fairly sure you can do that yeah. I’m certain I’ve done it a few times.

If its a return I think you can only break the return journey.

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

Done that loads of times.

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

Jumped off at Haymarket the other day (no pun intended) with a ticket for Waverley and the barrier accepted the ticket no problem.

As long as it's not a named advance or super advanced ticket, I think that's right. If your ticket says "any permitted route" I think you're on solid ground. There were some cases where special discounted fares applied to (e.g. Edinburgh to York) which meant it was cheaper than getting a ticket to say Newcastle that led to people falling foul to that.
Jumped off at Haymarket the other day (no pun intended) with a ticket for Waverley and the barrier accepted the ticket no problem.
Don't Edinburgh tickets just have "Edinburgh" on them rather than a specific station?

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Fairly sure you can do that yeah. I’m certain I’ve done it a few times.

1 hour ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
2 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

If its a return I think you can only break the return journey.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Done that loads of times.

47 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

7 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

As long as it's not a named advance or super advanced ticket, I think that's right. If your ticket says "any permitted route" I think you're on solid ground. There were some cases where special discounted fares applied to (e.g. Edinburgh to York) which meant it was cheaper than getting a ticket to say Newcastle that led to people falling foul to that.Don't Edinburgh tickets just have "Edinburgh" on them rather than a specific station?

1 minute ago, Jason King said:

So long as its a normal return ticket, on a Scotrail service, you can break your journey at any station(s) on the return.

Its useful for the pub crawl along the Fife Circle or along the Argyle line.

Cheers guys. I thought it should be alright, so I'll just go for it.

If I get done you can all chip in to the Crowdfunder to pay my legal fees...

24 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

As long as it's not a named advance or super advanced ticket, I think that's right. If your ticket says "any permitted route" I think you're on solid ground. There were some cases where special discounted fares applied to (e.g. Edinburgh to York) which meant it was cheaper than getting a ticket to say Newcastle that led to people falling foul to that.Don't Edinburgh tickets just have "Edinburgh" on them rather than a specific station?

Will state either Haymarket or Edinburgh Waverley on the ticket depending on what destination you ask for but they cost exactly the same.

13 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

How much???? A bloody scandal!

London to Slough roughly same distance shorter jorney time £10.50 return

Cardiff to Newport (SW) 5 miles shorter half the jorney time £5.40

Colongne to Bonn same distance same jorney time £13 return

Im not really sure what you think it should cost and I agree that public transport should have more attractive pricing but its not really a "scandal"

London to Slough roughly same distance shorter jorney time £10.50 return
Cardiff to Newport (SW) 5 miles shorter half the jorney time £5.40
Colongne to Bonn same distance same jorney time £13 return
Im not really sure what you think it should cost and I agree that public transport should have more attractive pricing but its not really a "scandal"
Well it's £5.80 more than I pay for the same journey!

1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Making Scotrail bearable.

I've been at the Plockton beer festival and heading home with dehydration prevention containers.

The views are compromised but everything else is very acceptable today. IMG_20190526_153323.jpgIMG_20190526_133957.jpgIMG_20190526_161938.jpg

I've never seen, never mind had, a carton of beer. I'm dumbfounded.

1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Making Scotrail bearable.

I've been at the Plockton beer festival and heading home with dehydration prevention containers.

The views are compromised but everything else is very acceptable today. 

Did you stop the night? Was thinking of staying for a couple of nights down there.

Edited by welshbairn