Scotrail

ScottR96

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/04/2019 at 12:18, Sooky said:

Waiting on the 21:25 Stirling to Glasgow the other night. ScotRail app said platform 6. Board at front of station said platform 6. Screen above platform 6 said platform 6.

21:23 and the train pulls up at, yup, platform 9. No announcement. Giving the 20 or so people waiting roughly 2 minutes to run across the single-file, makeshift bridge that is currently there.

Might have already posted this a while ago but was getting train from Edinburgh to Stirling and was on it early doors with quite a lot of tourists. Anyway the time came to depart and the front two coaches fucked off without us, looked a the platform screen and seen it had been changed to front two coaches only. I went to complain to member of staff saying there is still people waiting on coaches to depart unaware of the change. She sarcastically ‘well we did put a tannoy out’, I replied saying it would have been handy if you put in the actual train we were on too. She just rolled her eyes and fucked off.

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

Might have already posted this a while ago but was getting train from Edinburgh to Stirling and was on it early doors with quite a lot of tourists. Anyway the time came to depart and the front two coaches fucked off without us, looked a the platform screen and seen it had been changed to front two coaches only. I went to complain to member of staff saying there is still people waiting on coaches to depart unaware of the change. She sarcastically ‘well we did put a tannoy out’, I replied saying it would have been handy if you put in the actual train we were on too. She just rolled her eyes and fucked off.

Should have telt the silly bint that Tannoy is a brand name,  she should have said Public Adress System. 

It's like people who say Hoover instead of Vacume Cleaner.

How easy is it to get an upgrade on the Caledonian sleeper?

It's £45 for a seat but a hefty hike in price to £140 for a bed. But had heard that often people get upgraded -when boarding.

Is it just a case of asking if a berth is free and complimenting the staff member on his beard, or do they sell the rooms at a knockdown price.

Think I'd rather just book the £45 seat then chance my arm.

3 hours ago, Dunty said:

It's £45 for a seat but a hefty hike in price to £140 for a bed. But had heard that often people get upgraded -when boarding.

Is it just a case of asking if a berth is free and complimenting the staff member on his beard, or do they sell the rooms at a knockdown price.

Yes I’m sure that’s how it works. Buy the £45 seat then hang around like a begging jakey b*****d waiting to be upgraded. 

6 hours ago, Dunty said:

Don't compliment any female staff on their beards, that won't work.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Probably better with a seat. There's no comfort whatsoever with the beds. And absolutely no room. If you're a porker you'll struggle to turn.

Is that the new trains? I know it's got a lot more expensive if you're on your own, they don't allow randoms to share cabins anymore.

Edited by welshbairn

Is that the new trains? I know it's got a lot more expensive if you're on your own, they don't allow randoms to share cabins anymore.
I travelled about a year and a half ago. I'm not sure when they upgraded so couldn't tell you if it was an old or new one tbh.

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I travelled about a year and a half ago. I'm not sure when they upgraded so couldn't tell you if it was an old or new one tbh.

Would have been an old one, they're just upgrading right now.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
Would have been an old one, they're just upgrading right now.

Ah. Well it can't be much worse tbf!

I got one about 20 years ago and had a great sleep. Probably as fat as you are now though. :1eye

42 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
48 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They upgraded in April.

They describe it as a being more like a hotel. That's maybe so but £190 is still a fair old price for a room even when considering travel is involved. But I suppose they've compared it to a late night flight + London hotel overnight to justify their prices. Be interesting to see how often they sell out.

It's £335 for a double room.

Last time I went I used the seats but my main memory was it was absolutely freezing. If they've got that sorted with the new carriages then fair enough. 

They upgraded in April.
They describe it as a being more like a hotel. That's maybe so but £190 is still a fair old price for a room even when considering travel is involved. But I suppose they've compared it to a late night flight + London hotel overnight to justify their prices. Be interesting to see how often they sell out.
Last time I went I used the seats but my main memory was it was absolutely freezing. If they've got that sorted with the new carriages then fair enough. 
My cousin works on the sleeper, new trains have been disastrous so far. Aircon that has a mind of it's own, and many of the rooms have been unusable due to water leaks. Lounge car doesn't open now until the train has left and there are limits on who can use it and when.

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:
5 hours ago, Dunty said:
They upgraded in April.

My cousin works on the sleeper, new trains have been disastrous so far. Aircon that has a mind of it's own, and many of the rooms have been unusable due to water leaks. Lounge car doesn't open now until the train has left and there are limits on who can use it and when.

sounds just like the old coaches. I wonder if the new ones will still let snow in like the old ones 

28423821_10156137132278670_8722589661945

Kicked off the train at Bellgrove because of a failure in the points. I thought if you had a valid train ticket and the train wasn’t operating that you didn’t need to buy a ticket for the bus?