Scotrail

ScottR96

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Enough of this refurbishment tomfoolery.

Guy gets on at East Kilbride without a ticket and asks the collector for a return. "Where to?" he's asked. "Back to East Kilbride!".

The old ones are the best.

Cannot be true - who would want to return to E Kilbride....

11 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Has that got anything to do with the RVAR 2010 regulations, do you think?

Probably. RVAR 2010 is about disabled persons on transport and that Halloween sticker was at an appropriate height for someone in  wheelchair to view and enjoy. 

F3E80711-4D18-4695-9CDE-A7DB435DE09D.png

Edited by Scary Bear

Usual shite from Scotrail. The train's running late, so they turf everyone off halfway so they can make up the time by not actually stopping anywhere. What other country would have such wankers running a vital service. Just as well it's not freezing cold outside.

On 1/31/2019 at 06:08, Scary Bear said:

My train has a Happy Halloween sticker on the outside of it where the Scotrail logo is. Current. Just keep it on all year round. It’ll be Halloween soon enough. Good thinking. 

Scotrail status update: quirky.

Train pulled into Patterton the other week looking like one of the subway trains you see in New York.  One of the carriages was almost totally covered in graffiti  

Heading to Ayrshire this weekend and have decided against the train. Nearly always take the train as usually find it relaxing.

Every morning there is a list of cancellations of trains out of Aberdeen, so not confident of getting down tomorrow, and on Sunday it is a replacement bus service from Kilwinning to Paisley.

On checking around hiring a Ford Focus from Enterprise for 2 days is £30 cheaper than my train fare would have been, which will cover my petrol.

Another customer lost to Scotrail due to the current standard of service

• 1 month later...

Almost at Queen Street (alighted in Dundee of course).

Booked the train 2 weeks ago. On the Scotrail website the return was almost £40. I used the Split Ticket website and got it for half the price.

The train is only 3 carriages and is absolutely rammed. Standing room only, although I managed to grab one of those single side facing seats next to the luggage rack. No trolley either, so if anyone wanted a drink (coffee/tea/water/booze/soft drink) then tough balls.

Mental prices for an achingly shit service.

Booked the train 2 weeks ago. On the Scotrail website the return was almost £40. I used the Split Ticket website and got it for half the price.
The train is only 3 carriages and is absolutely rammed. Standing room only, although I managed to grab one of those single side facing seats next to the luggage rack. No trolley either, so if anyone wanted a drink (coffee/tea/water/booze/soft drink) then tough balls.

But they have new trains on certain routes! Who are we to complain?

Is there a worst first class service in the world than scotrail. I sometimes use it if I book an lner ticket from Glasgow down the East Coast so I'm entitled to use it from Queen Street to Waverley before getting the lner train. 

You get a biscuit and a cup of tea or coffee, you can't even get an irn bru or coca cola never mind a beer. You get power sockets and free WiFi in standard so you're paying twice the price (if you're going Glasgow to Edinburgh alone) for what? 

Compare that to LNER where you get leather reclining seats, food on proper plates with metal cutlery and drinks included and it's mental. 

^^^ tears

5 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

You get a biscuit and a cup of tea or coffee, you can't even get an irn bru or coca cola never mind a beer. You get power sockets and free WiFi in standard so you're paying twice the price (if you're going Glasgow to Edinburgh alone) for what? 

Isolation from smelly working class types.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Isolation from smelly working class types.

...sometimes ;)

I was allowed to sit in 1st class of the Edi-Larbert train today, after :

Told to go to platform 20 as the train I thought I had just missed "was delayed so I'd probably still catch it". Got to 20, to be told that it had been cancelled altogether.

Went to platform 13 to catch the next scheduled Dunblane train, where a TransPennine train pulls in.  Didn't get on, as I reckoned Dunblane isn't on the Pennine route, even by Scotrail standards. True enough, the board (and train signage) changed to Manchester Airport. 

Lastly, 5 mins after it should have left, we were told to hurry to platform 12, where the Dunblane train would leave from. 

Got to sit in 1st to straighten my face.

24 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:
55 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

^^^ tears

A few

Is there a worst first class service in the world than scotrail. I sometimes use it if I book an lner ticket from Glasgow down the East Coast so I'm entitled to use it from Queen Street to Waverley before getting the lner train. 
Compare that to LNER where you get leather reclining seats, food on proper plates with metal cutlery and drinks included and it's mental. 
I believe the saying is 'the thing that makes it first class is who is not in first class'.

8 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

...sometimes ;)

I was allowed to sit in 1st class of the Edi-Larbert train today, after :

Told to go to platform 20 as the train I thought I had just missed "was delayed so I'd probably still catch it". Got to 20, to be told that it had been cancelled altogether.

Went to platform 13 to catch the next scheduled Dunblane train, where a TransPennine train pulls in.  Didn't get on, as I reckoned Dunblane isn't on the Pennine route, even by Scotrail standards. True enough, the board (and train signage) changed to Manchester Airport. 

Lastly, 5 mins after it should have left, we were told to hurry to platform 12, where the Dunblane train would leave from. 

Got to sit in 1st to straighten my face.

or you were in a train with a 1st class section on a route that Scotrail do not offer 1st class on 

Edited by ajwffc