Scotrail

ScottR96

1 hour ago, ajwffc said:

Not as easy as just swapping a 3 car unit(class 170) with a 2 car one(class 156 or 158) as they have to make sure. That all members of train crew are trained to use that unit for it's daily diagram, it is cleared to run on all the routes and it can end the day at a depot that can service it (refuel, empty the cet tanks, top up with water and fix any faults) 

Either way, if they can’t sort swapping two trains to provide greater capacity on the busiest train, then I would suggest they aren’t much of a train operator.

Ooft. Decent. I just put a claim in last night via the claims section on the app after yesterday’s train home was delayed. See what happens.

Best of luck - I tried that after being delayed/cancelled about five days running, for the princely sum of £1 back.

Thanks, that’ll go a long way to paying for the £60 in taxi fares I had to fork out, useless c***s.

The 1719 Queen St - Alloa is the fucking worst thing ever. Express to Lenzie with only 1st Class seats is surely the answer [emoji106]

6 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Tonights train hasn’t been cancelled but part of me wishes it was - only two carriages on this Glasgow to Dundee service, a train which normally has at least 4 carriages and is always full. Luckily I have managed to secure a seat in the luggage rack, my butt cheeks wedged between the bars.

@Scary Bear probably bullied Scotrail into lending the carriages to his line.

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

@Scary Bear probably bullied Scotrail into lending the carriages to his line.

No, that occasionally happens to me too. Scotrail like to keep commuters guessing on now many carriages will turn up. Keeps us on our toes.

If I did manage to bully them i’d be doing better than the succession of completely impotent Transport Ministers we’ve had over the years. Vote for Scary Bear.

32 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

3 carriages on the 4.34 two nights in a row now. Could be a regular thing. Excellent!

Probably. If you use journey check https://www.journeycheck.com/scotrail/ it shows short formed trains. So if a 2 car turns up and it's not on that site then it was likely always meant to be a 2 car. 

Edited by flyingscot

Never normally had much bother with Scotrail but in the last couple of weeks I have had a Stirling to Aberdeen train cancelled within 15 minutes of its scheduled time, and then one at Queen Street where it was already into delay time when they decided to drop my stop off the route. Not a huge sample size but I must admit recent months is the first time I can ever remember thinking the servoce has been a bit shit.

11:45 train from Glasgow QS to Aberdeen for me today. Get to train station and it's not on the board. Speak to Scotrail employee who says it must be the 12:24 until I show him my ticket which says 11:45 for today. Now on a train to Edinburgh and expecting a huge delay before possibly not being allowed on a train to Aberdeen. Utterly useless b*****ds.

11:45 train from Glasgow QS to Aberdeen for me today. Get to train station and it's not on the board. Speak to Scotrail employee who says it must be the 12:24 until I show him my ticket which says 11:45 for today. Now on a train to Edinburgh and expecting a huge delay before possibly not being allowed on a train to Aberdeen. Utterly useless b*****ds.
Told to get the 13:47 to Inverkeithing and then switch to the 14:15 to Aberdeen. The 13:47 is only just leaving now meaning we'd miss our connection.

Not to worry the 14:15 is cancelled anyway so we're now heading to Inverkeithing to sit for an hour for the next train.

Sundays have always been a shite day for trains. The buses between the central belt and Aberdeen/Inverness take about the same time, cost less and are much more reliable in normal road conditions.
Wife gets travel sick in buses. Yesterday had to get train to Perth and were meant to be on replacement bus to Glasgow. Ended up going to Edinburgh from Perth and then across To Glasgow.

Thank god it was a good gig last night!

3 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Told to get the 13:47 to Inverkeithing and then switch to the 14:15 to Aberdeen. The 13:47 is only just leaving now meaning we'd miss our connection.

Not to worry the 14:15 is cancelled anyway so we're now heading to Inverkeithing to sit for an hour for the next train.

Why didnt you get on the 1224? 

The 1145 is a timetabled service from GLA to ABD - it isnt running because of the works at Dunblane which is why these other services via Inverkeithing have been put on.

Edited by invergowrie arab

The 1145 is a timetabled service from GLA to ABD - it isnt running because of the works at Dunblane which is why these other services via Inverkeithing have been put on.
Guy at station said to get the train to Edinburgh and we were running a bit late so just went with what he said. Should have hung back in hindsight. On train to Aberdeen now thankfully but not even at Dundee yet and I should have been home an hour ago.

7 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:
19 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Guy at station said to get the train to Edinburgh and we were running a bit late so just went with what he said. Should have hung back in hindsight. On train to Aberdeen now thankfully but not even at Dundee yet and I should have been home an hour ago.

In fairness i dont expect station staff to know replacement timetable off by heart but they should at least have capability and gumption to look them up. Sounds like shite advice as the 1224 got into aberdeen about half an hour ago

7 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Wouldn't it have been preferable just to wait in Edinburgh where, at least, there are some facilities?

10 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

Wouldn't it have been preferable just to wait in Edinburgh where, at least, there are some facilities?

Would have gotten home an hour later and I know Inverkeithing well enough to know where to get a decent pint near the train station.  Much cheaper than hanging around Edinburgh.

Made it back to Aberdeen just 3 hours and 7 minutes later than I was meant to last night. Cheers Scotrail!

15 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Would have gotten home an hour later and I know Inverkeithing well enough to know where to get a decent pint near the train station.  Much cheaper than hanging around Edinburgh.

Made it back to Aberdeen just 3 hours and 7 minutes later than I was meant to last night. Cheers Scotrail!

You should receive a full refund through their Delay/Repay scheme, if that eases your pain.