Scotrail

ScottR96

My mum did similar for a few years. Wasn't much fun being dropped off at school at 7am.

For some people, work is just the most important thing in the world to them - my mum even took two jobs in the evenings and weekends just because she had no idea what to do with herself when she wasn't working. Didn't need the money either, as she was a well-paid professional by day, shelf-stacker and auxiliary nurse by night (which sounds like a terrible superhero, thinking about it).

Yes, it's entirely possible that this was just a ruse to avoid me, smart-arses :P

I take no pleasure in telling you this but your mum was getting pumped all over town.

We were told it's our role to offer the cheapest possible ticket. So if we know how to break someone's journey up to make it cheaper we are supposed to do that. But we can only offer what our machines will let us. It may well have been cheaper if someone booked a while back but there's nothing we could do about it. I don't see how Scotrail can do any more to offer the cheapest deals. They can't exactly put up every single cheap deal on their website, customers surely have to at least go looking?

If I type into the website that I want to go from a to b then I expect the website to provide me with the cheapest way to do this. It doesn't. I don't think this is too much to ask.

Worse mate, much much worse.

Taught in a language school. In my Hong Kong days.

Was the pay that bad, or were you paying off the man after a failed jewel heist?

I take no pleasure in telling you this but your mum was getting pumped all over town.

That would explain the array of costumes, like the nurse's outfit. Not sure anyone's ever fantasised about women wearing supermarket uniforms, but I'll no doubt be proved wrong :P

If I type into the website that I want to go from a to b then I expect the website to provide me with the cheapest way to do this. It doesn't. I don't think this is too much to ask.

Same here.

I frequently use the traveline website for planning journeys and it can give me incredibly complex, yet the fastest combination within seconds. No reason why the same programming couldn't be applied to the rail websites, although that would cost them money in the long term of course, so don't expect it any time soon.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I'm quite happy with the current system. It means the 90% subsidise the travel of folk who can be bothered looking for deals.

There's 'looking for deals' and having to go through every combination of normal ticket prices to see which eventually adds up cheaper. Very different things.

Did she get paid in £500 notes? She could have cut out the two evening jobs in that case.

Don't talk daft. This wasn't in Dundee.

Incidentally, you're giving my old mum a lot of credit for her looks/abilities. I might be on the game myself if I was being handled multiples of £500 per ride.

Was the pay that bad, or were you paying off the man after a failed jewel heist?

Pay was ok, not bad...problem was the cost of renting a place was probably the equivalent of paying off the man after a failed jewel heist!

And beer was upwards of 5 quid a pint in an average bar.

A bit cheaper where I am now.

Pay was ok, not bad...problem was the cost of renting a place was probably the equivalent of paying off the man after a failed jewel heist!

And beer was upwards of 5 quid a pint in an average bar.

A bit cheaper where I am now.

Good Lord. Surely not everyone in Hong Kong can be minted? :wacko:

Good Lord. Surely not everyone in Hong Kong can be minted? :wacko:

Certainly not - most of the locals live in shitholes or with their families, or both!

For ex-pats, i guess the tolerance level of shittiness is lower so they tend to want a nicer place to crash. And they want to be nearer the pubs, clubs and restaurants as well.

A great city if you have money...like any big city.

Ive got a return from Falkirk high to Berwick upon tweed for £13.90.

Costs £12.50 from Falkirk high to Glasgow.

Train line ftw.

The Virgin Trains East Coast website finds the cheapest fare just like The Trainline without charging a booking fee. Although not ScotRail's new £5 fares, I noticed the other day.

The Virgin Trains East Coast website finds the cheapest fare just like The Trainline without charging a booking fee. Although not ScotRail's new £5 fares, I noticed the other day.

Will keep that in mind for next tine. The 75p booking fee will do me the now.

• 1 month later...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-35763067

Disruption after Inverness to Aberdeen train hits pheasant

Approx 100 tonne train stopped by pheasant strike and line closed and services cancelled,

Just how fucking big was the Pheasant?

Edited by MEADOWXI

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-35763067

Disruption after Inverness to Aberdeen train hits pheasant

Approx 100 tonne train stopped by pheasant strike and line closed and services cancelled,

Just how fucking big was the Pheasant?

f678073dff7e9c3ea670bcfe661193df.jpg