Survey on the sale of alcohol in Scottish football stadiums

Hi there, I'm a 4th year student at the University of Stirling. I'm working on my dissertation which is looking at Scottish football supporters attitudes towards the sale of alcohol within football stadiums. If you have a spare 2 minutes it would be greatly appreciated if you could complete the survey. Thanks

https://stirling.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/to-investigate-scottish-football-supporters-attitude-to-t

Hi there, I'm a 4th year student at the University of Stirling. I'm working on my dissertation which is looking at Scottish football supporters attitudes towards the sale of alcohol within football stadiums. If you have a spare 2 minutes it would be greatly appreciated if you could complete the survey. Thanks

https://stirling.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/to-investigate-scottish-football-supporters-attitude-to-t

Is it only the SPFL you're interested in? I mainly attend Highland League games re Q3.

Done, and I'd like to add my thoughts...cos I'm like that. The banning of alcohol gives the police the opportunity to lift halfwit drunks who are "at it". That can be a good and a bad thing. Banning alcohol also took away the ready availability of missiles. Definitely a good thing!

Idiots ruined the joys of drinking at games as they did with crowd trouble giving the authorities the excuse to impose all-seater grounds on us.

Done, and I'd like to add my thoughts...cos I'm like that. The banning of alcohol gives the police the opportunity to lift halfwit drunks who are "at it". That can be a good and a bad thing. Banning alcohol also took away the ready availability of missiles. Definitely a good thing!

Idiots ruined the joys of drinking at games as they did with crowd trouble giving the authorities the excuse to impose all-seater grounds on us.

We can't let the idiots dictate the rules for the overwhelmingly decent majority of football fans. It's also worth considering as a bit of an extra income stream for smaller clubs, such as ourselves. If it ever did come back, and I doubt it will, I think we'd be looking at £4 for a plastic cup of warm piss water only to be sold at certain times, maybe between 2 and 2.45pm and then at half-time. I think we have to be more radical in most areas to try and enhance the enjoyment of the occasion and trying to get people back through the gates and this is maybe something that could help. It could be a positive, it could fail. However, I think it's worth trying. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

I would like it brought back, we're not in 1980 anymore.

Can see a select few idiots ruining it for the rest of us who just want to enjoy a game and have a few beers without acting like absolute scum though.

We can't let the idiots dictate the rules for the overwhelmingly decent majority of football fans. It's also worth considering as a bit of an extra income stream for smaller clubs, such as ourselves. If it ever did come back, and I doubt it will, I think we'd be looking at £4 for a plastic cup of warm piss water only to be sold at certain times, maybe between 2 and 2.45pm and then at half-time. I think we have to be more radical in most areas to try and enhance the enjoyment of the occasion and trying to get people back through the gates and this is maybe something that could help. It could be a positive, it could fail. However, I think it's worth trying. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

At least. Works fine at Peterhead, how much more pished are people really going to get in that time?

This discussion is stupid. Of course it should be allowed. And for the entire time that the stadium is open. We have things called pubs. Many of these show football with no segregation. Alot of them also allow children in. If people dont behave when their pished they het chucked oot and barred. If they still keep kicking off they get lifted. Fitbaw should be no different.

No carry outs.

Anyone caught buying booze for under 18s gets chucked out.

Simples

• 3 weeks later...

Standing in the freezing cold at the football paying £4 for a bottle of beer hastily chucked into a plastic cup meaning half of it is wasted, with probably no TV to watch.

OR

Stay in the pub until 2.30, watch early game, racing, other sports in warm comfort of bar with reasonably priced, variety of drinks in a glass tumbler.

It's a no brainer for me.

Standing in the freezing cold at the football paying £4 for a bottle of beer hastily chucked into a plastic cup meaning half of it is wasted, with probably no TV to watch.

OR

Stay in the pub until 2.30, watch early game, racing, other sports in warm comfort of bar with reasonably priced, variety of drinks in a glass tumbler.

Yes, because it's freezing cold at every single game of football in Scotland. And every beer will be wasted like you say. On the last bit though, why would you want to watch TV when at a football match?

This, then give the liver a break for a couple of hours. The alcohol ban doesn't bother me in the least.

Yes, because it's freezing cold at every single game of football in Scotland. And every beer will be wasted like you say. On the last bit though, why would you want to watch TV when at a football match?

Ok I've made some sweeping generalisations but it's generally quite cold at the fitba. I enjoy watching fitba/racing/rugby on the tv before I go to the fitba, and I'd suggest that levels of service will be similar to when you go to a gig that is mobbed when all the staff care about is how many people they serve, not the quality of the beer you get.

You likely won't get served during the match so it's likely going to be everyone racing for a beer at half time. Hud me back.

I understand the point being made about having the choice to do it but given the choice I'd not bother.

The ban won't stop me from goin to games. But it was a nice change of pace to have a couple of beers at the warriors game the other day.

Introducing it again might make clubs with bars a wee bit extra money. But I can't see it attracting lots of stayaway supporters

It will attract almost no one who no longer goes to games and won't attract new fans if it's introduced by itself.

If however it was part of a load of changes, it could work.

Archived