Idiotic mis-interpretations of sayings.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"That's ironic."

No, it (98% of the time, absolute minimum) fucking isn't.

I had a work colleague that said this all the time when anything occurred that was slightly coincidental.

Colleague: Your name Sir?

Customer: John MacDonald

Colleague: How ironic, my last name is also MacDonald.

I had a manager, who was great at her job and for my career, but she said 'pacifically' all the time when she meant 'specifically'.

I was once asked at work if I won the lottery where would I go on holiday. I said somewhere hot. I was then asked by my boss to be more Pacific, which I replied Tonga. She was utterly bamboozled why people were laughing.

In terms of using completely the wrong word, the worst I remember was years ago when a bunch of Glasgow metal bands were doing a charity show in the Venue (now the G2) doing a set of AC/DC covers with mix & match line0ups from different bands.

The rehearsal was early one Friday night, and as we were packing up. the young bass player for a newish band piped up "So, are we gonny make a night of it - go out and chase some scrotum?"

You could have heard a pin drop, with everybody looking at each other wondering who was going to be the one to ask. Finally, someone said "Rick, do you know what a scrotum is?"

"Aye, birds..."

No prizes for what his nickname was from then on.

I was once asked at work if I won the lottery where would I go on holiday. I said somewhere hot. I was then asked by my boss to be more Pacific, which I replied Tonga. She was utterly bamboozled why people were laughing.

I hope your boss wasn't Supras.

Doesn't surprise me given the English barely pronounce their 'R's.

What? :lol:

There we have it. The English have just one accent that they all use. And none of us, not even those from the south west, pronounce their 'R's.

Archived