People you thought were dead but aren't

Antlion

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everytime I see something about somebody I thought was dead but isn't, I jot them down for the future 'pools.

It's a fair size :D

Not giving any decent future solo picks away, but this one is too old for (my) consideration .

Mad Mike Hoare, the mercenary who apart from all the killing and stuff in Africa, gave all the advice for 'The Wild Geese' film.

Turns 97 in march and I thought he'd died in the 70/80's.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Hoare

Granny Danger but then he came back.

Anyway as I said on deadpool I am absolutely convinced David Jason died and it was all over the news. I would put £500 on it.

I'm getting quite concerned the number of false memories I'm casting up.

Hard to tell the difference tbh.

When I first joined P&B there was a poster that used to refer to himself as Box Office.

Given the amount of times I'm referenced in posts that have nothing to do with me I must now assume such status.

Sadly that poster is no longer with us (sleep well sweet Prince) but I imagine he is not dead.

Until about a year ago I assumed Rick Moranis had died at some point during the 90's.

No, just his wife. He dropped out of the business to raise their kids in the aftermath.

Some elderly celeb needs to prepare a list of quotes about every other famous person they can think of, to be sent to the news agencies by their family in the event of their deaths. It would amusing to see, say, Kirk Douglas' eulogy for 98 year old Justin Bieber being aired in the death throes of the 21st Century.

"Kirk Douglas? The old-timey actor from the 20th Century who was 100 before my grandad was even born?!" :blink:

I thought Paul O'Grady had died years ago. My period of certainty on this lasted a few months - until I saw an episode of that show he used to do on stv.

I immediately thought it was a sort of obituary highlights compilation until it became clear that the show was live, as was he, and that I had just randomly dreamt up the demise of a b-list light entertainer.

He's not ever been someone who I'd particularly been aware of up to that point. Now I'm quite fond of the stoic old lazarus that he is.

Archived