People you thought were dead but aren't

Antlion

Just found out George Kennedy, star of 70s disaster films as grizzled old policemen and pilots, is still going in his 90s.

Olivia de Havilland, one of the main characters in Gone With the Wind, is about to hit a hundred.

Any other famous people surprise you by not being dead?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tom Lehrer, the chap who wrote the Elements Song and other satirical ditties back in the 50s. He jacked it all in to concentrate on his career as a Maths Professor which he's still doing to this day at the ripe old age of 87. I'll be more upset about him dying than David Bowie.

Why did you think he was dead? I take it you saw him in the news the other day so he is fresh in the memory.

Indeed. Thought he snuffed it years ago.

Tom Lehrer, the chap who wrote the Elements Song and other satirical ditties back in the 50s. He jacked it all in to concentrate on his career as a Maths Professor which he's still doing to this day at the ripe old age of 87. I'll be more upset about him dying than David Bowie.

Knew he wasn't dead but didn't know what he was up to.

Very talented guy!

Knew he wasn't dead but didn't know what he was up to.

Very talented guy!

Aye, he gave up after a couple of years cos he couldn't be arsed performing the same songs night after night.

There's a quote attributed to him about why he jacked it all in: "Political satire became obsolete when Henry Kissinger was awarded the Nobel peace prize".

The only way would have been a suicide or another prisoner murdering him. Hope he lived out the rest of his life in utter misery.

I'm pretty sure that another prisoner tried to gouge his eyes out with a toilet brush a few years back. They snapped the handle into a point and then stabbed him in the eyes but didn't manage to blind him.

Why was he in the news?

I'm pretty sure that another prisoner tried to gouge his eyes out with a toilet brush a few years back. They snapped the handle into a point and then stabbed him in the eyes but didn't manage to blind him.

Why was he in the news?

I think this may have been Ian Huntley this happened to? Roy whiting was attached last week in jail, saw it on one of my news apps but didn't look any further into it.

Archived