ICTFC (Scottish Cup Holders) v HMFC (Most Competent Team in Edinburgh)

Who will win this football match?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This isn't just aimed at you, but surely we're not advocating playing two players out of position and giving a first start to a youth player just to keep Oshaniwa out?! We have a decent record with Oshaniwa in the team,he's hardly been on a losing side, just play players in their proper positions.

That and McGhee is humpty at LB.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't just aimed at you, but surely we're not advocating playing two players out of position and giving a first start to a youth player just to keep Oshaniwa out?! We have a decent record with Oshaniwa in the team,he's hardly been on a losing side, just play players in their proper positions.

Ken - I'd be happy enough with a back four of Paterson - Ozturk - McGhee - Oshaniwa

I do like what I've seen of Liam Smith, though.

Actually, Liam Smith is decent at LB too.

I haven't given up on Oshaniwa - our best back four doesn't include him, though.

He was solid enough on Sunday, imo.

Defensively yes, he always does a job there but he looks incredibly laboured going forward at times which obviously isn't really his fault. It's not often he gets a chance at CH so I'd like to see him get a game there, he was really good in the middle away to Partick earlier in the season.

McGhee has been great at left back if you ask me. You can tell he's not comfortable as soon as he crosses the halfway line though.

It's not a long term position for him, but he's more than capable to play there as a stop gap. I am starting to feel a wee bit sorry for Oshaniwa though, he just can't be trusted at the moment.

Defensively yes, he always does a job there but he looks incredibly laboured going forward at times which obviously isn't really his fault. It's not often he gets a chance at CH so I'd like to see him get a game there, he was really good in the middle away to Partick earlier in the season.

Aye, the combination of Paterson and Ozturk as a pairing just seems more solid than Ozturk and McGhee, somehow.

Thing with Oshaniwa coming forward is that he's yet to put a cross in that hasn't been overhit - I also wonder if his team-mates seem more nervous with him in the team - I'm probably imaging that, mind! :lol:

Paterson - Ozturk - McGhee - Oshaniwa is probably the way to go, right enough.

No sign of Liam Smith in our 20s line-up the night - I think we need him on the bench at least for this game.

He saw red for assaulting a caley player in the last game here. The theatrics of the lad he hit was probably his most memorable moment with us.

Caley won 2-0

McGhee has been great at left back if you ask me. You can tell he's not comfortable as soon as he crosses the halfway line though.

It's not a long term position for him, but he's more than capable to play there as a stop gap. I am starting to feel a wee bit sorry for Oshaniwa though, he just can't be trusted at the moment.

"Great at left back"? He's never been great at lb. He's looked like a CH playing LB and doesn't offer anything going forward, which is fair enough as he's outbof position but he unbalances the team and he's not good enough to justify it. I'd put Oshaniwa in, the boy is capable he just needs to adapt to scottish football and refs.

Augustyn and Rossi suspended. Huge chance for McGhee to show he's got it at CH. And Oshaniwa needs to show he can be relied upon.

Think McGhee is quite reliable usually - just gotta stop that fisting... ho-hum. Oshinawa worries me though.

Don't think we'll lose but I'd be over the moon with 3 points.

Archived