Aberdeen v Celtic - 03/02/16

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Considine doesn't start alongside Taylor at centre-back, then he should be on the bench. Shinnie at left-back, please.

Biggest problem is Celtic have a physical edge like Hearts and we could be bullied since we are a lot smaller team that is why Considine will more likely be left back if we don't sign someone with height. Last time we played Celtic I don't think Considine was the problem it was more the form of Logan (which up to December he was dreadful) and lack of effort from McGinn that caused us the problems as everything come down that side.

The evidence was obviously presented behind closed doors, so I don't know what it was, but it was enough to ban him. If he wasn't guilty, where was the appeal? Where was the approach to the CAS?

I was disappointed that Celtic didn't follow this up because they had indicated they were prepared to, then they just issued a statement slating the decision but took it on the chin. Wrong course of action in my opinion. If your man says he's innocent and there is no proof then you back him to the hilt.

Sadly, I think the fact that Tonev was crap & had no future at the club, it was felt, why bother.

There was evidence. A lot of people gave their accounts of what happened, and they examined video from 4 different angles of the incident . Clearly, these amounted to sufficient proof for the SFA panel to find him guilty on the balance of probabilities under their rules.

Not really because it basically boiled down to them thinking one person, (an English speaker) was more believable than (someone who was fluent in English) the other. The camera angles and witnesses still didn't provide concrete proof to say that he definitely was guilty of what he was accused of.

Stop claiming there's no proof.

There wasn't.

Also, if Efe Ambrose was racially abused by a Thistle player and Alan Archibald told the press that Ambrose was definitely a liar, would you consider that ok?

Well Deila never claimed Logan was a liar, but he said his player said he didn't say it so how could he dis-believe him? If Ambrose claims something and there is no proof then you can't go banning the Thistle player...or would you be happy for him to be banned without proof?

At last. Someone who's talking about the game. Even though I disagree with your prediction, you deserve a green just for trying to rag this thread away from tft boring pish.

I'm hoping for a win and I'd think that the rest of Scottish football (including Liewell) will as well. If we lose, then it will be very very hard to catch Celtic. Still not impossible, just very improbable. We're getting better slowly but surely and have slightly more points than last season. Beating Celtic twice at home would show more progress.

I'm still dreaming of winning the league.

Eternal optimist.

I reserve the right to start greeting about how we've got no chance if we do lose the game like all fickle football fans do. The most bipolar group of people ever.

I think it's win or bust for Aberdeen. You're capable of winning but if both teams bring their A-game then the 3pts will be coming back to Glasgow.

I firmly believe that if Aberdeen are to have a chance of winning the league then they have to keep winning while we compete in the group stages of European competitions, to keep pressure on us. Instead Aberdeen exploded on the self-destruct button.

What exactly did Shay Logan do to "not come out of it with any credit"?

What has his "real personality" got to do with it, and what is that real personality you are alluding to?

The quotes from team mates/manager etc that the guy was whiter that white were imo off the mark as his twitter post below proves.

I think racism in sport should be treated a bit more seriously than what appears to be point scoring by him over Tonev.

sxhbnt.jpg

Biggest problem is Celtic have a physical edge like Hearts and we could be bullied since we are a lot smaller team that is why Considine will more likely be left back if we don't sign someone with height. Last time we played Celtic I don't think Considine was the problem it was more the form of Logan (which up to December he was dreadful) and lack of effort from McGinn that caused us the problems as everything come down that side.

Considine was dreadful at left-back against Hearts, and not much better against Inverness. Shinnie is, in my opinion, the best left-back in the country. I can't remember seeing him ever getting bullied, and he's had two very strong successive performances from left-back. Last time we played Celtic, Considine was only on the pitch for about 20 minutes. Previous to that, he gave away a penalty and very nearly got sent off in the first half.

Considine was dreadful at left-back against Hearts, and not much better against Inverness. Shinnie is, in my opinion, the best left-back in the country. I can't remember seeing him ever getting bullied, and he's had two very strong successive performances from left-back. Last time we played Celtic, Considine was only on the pitch for about 20 minutes. Previous to that, he gave away a penalty and very nearly got sent off in the first half.

I can't believe the ref said Griffiths was going away from goal :lol:

Agree re Shinnie, I wish we went for him before he signed pre contract with you but I'm delighted with Tierney comming through.

The quotes from team mates/manager etc that the guy was whiter that white were imo off the mark as his twitter post below proves.

I think racism in sport should be treated a bit more seriously than what appears to be point scoring by him over Tonev.

Imagine a victim of racism wanting a GIRUY after the racist player in question being backed by manager, supporters and Shay receiving abuse online.

I'm still hopeful we'll have brought in a midfielder before Wednesday that can keep Shinnie at LB for this.

I must admit I am not as confident as I was going into the September fixture. Maybe it's just getting to that time of year where all your seasons aspirations start to fall apart :(

sxhbnt.jpg

After the incident Logan got loads of racist abuse from Celtic fans on social media and in person - he has every right to give a bit back.

I'm still hopeful we'll have brought in a midfielder before Wednesday that can keep Shinnie at LB for this.

I must admit I am not as confident as I was going into the September fixture. Maybe it's just getting to that time of year where all your seasons aspirations start to fall apart :(

The talk about Cowie appears to have cooled slightly. If we do bring in another midfielder, I would likely expect them to slot straight into the starting XI. In the absence of such an addition, I would retain Storie. There is undoubtedly an element of risk to this, but he has acquitted himself very well over the past two games. He's not looked remotely out of place.

If anything, I'm slightly more confident about this fixture than I was in September. That might not be a good thing, mind you.

After the incident Logan got loads of racist abuse from Celtic fans on social media and in person - he has every right to give a bit back.

No surprise he got abuse as there's plenty of scumbags out there.

As for him giving it back, he was justified to do so, however the manner just doesn't sit right with me. If I was in his position I would have been the bigger man and got on with it.

Have to say though, fair play to him for doing so as it adds to the rivalry and spices things up a wee bit :D

Take this football chat elsewhere, sir.

This is a headsgone thread.

My apologies, I shall get us back on track. Racism, nae evidence, it isn't the Greeks, it's the Chinese he's after etc, etc.

Aye the sheep will be well up for it. Looking forward to it.

Shame they cut our allocation but you can't argue if they sell their tickets.

We should give them a bigger allocation for CP.

Aye, they do always bring a big support with them to Celtic Park.

At last. Someone who's talking about the game. Even though I disagree with your prediction, you deserve a green just for trying to rag this thread away from tft boring pish.

I'm hoping for a win and I'd think that the rest of Scottish football (including Liewell) will as well. If we lose, then it will be very very hard to catch Celtic. Still not impossible, just very improbable. We're getting better slowly but surely and have slightly more points than last season. Beating Celtic twice at home would show more progress.

I'm still dreaming of winning the league.

Eternal optimist.

I reserve the right to start greeting about how we've got no chance if we do lose the game like all fickle football fans do. The most bipolar group of people ever.

To be fair, I think even with an Aberdeen win I don't think there is any chance of catching Celtic. With us being oot on our arses regarding European fitba what happened last season for us when we really started to up the game around about February time appears to have already began. I can see us starting to pull away within the next few weeks. I would agree with you that Aberdeen are progressing, the Ross County game was pretty telling for me, a man down and then a goal down, but you were still able to get the three points, if that had been played last season, I am not so sure.

To be fair, I think even with an Aberdeen win I don't think there is any chance of catching Celtic. With us being oot on our arses regarding European fitba what happened last season for us when we really started to up the game around about February time appears to have already began. I can see us starting to pull away within the next few weeks. I would agree with you that Aberdeen are progressing, the Ross County game was pretty telling for me, a man down and then a goal down, but you were still able to get the three points, if that had been played last season, I am not so sure.

That is probably fair to be honest. I don't think anyone really believes that a win on Wednesday means a serious title race is on. But if we were to be able to get to 3 points behind on Wednesday it gives us something to work towards and fight for.

I fear if the gap is 9 by the end of Wednesday then we have a few months of potential apathy, lower attendances and even potentially losing enough momentum that we put 2nd place at risk.

That is probably fair to be honest. I don't think anyone really believes that a win on Wednesday means a serious title race is on. But if we were to be able to get to 3 points behind on Wednesday it gives us something to work towards and fight for.

I fear if the gap is 9 by the end of Wednesday then we have a few months of potential apathy, lower attendances and even potentially losing enough momentum that we put 2nd place at risk.

Win or lose on Wednesday I can't see Hearts catching you for second. Whilst there is a long way to go, I believe that there is already too big a gap between the two sides.

Imagine a victim of racism wanting a GIRUY after the racist player in question being backed by manager, supporters and Shay receiving abuse online.

This just proves that you are incapable of being balanced. Whatever is the stance against Celtic, you will adopt it.

Archived