Cowden v Stranraer

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely impossible to guess what Stranraer will turn up more likely our usual pi#h poor performance in which case a comfortable win for Cowdenbeath, but IF we play one of our rare better games then a Stranraer win is achievable ..........

No one likes a smart arse !!!! But I'm right again

What an utter shambles out there today.

Stranraer looked dangerous but I think we made them look to good.

3 shots on goal against Stranraers 16 is a clearly unacceptable performance.

The loss of Murdoch,Smith has clearly had an impact to our set up and to be fair to Scullion we missed him too.

Much work required from this performance as we do what we do badly one step forward and two back.

We looked like a very poor outfit today and the players were dissapointing.

No question about whether Stranraer deserved that today or not. Far the better side. We were rotten.

Couple of genuine lol moments today including some hilariously bad officiating and the Stranraer player making a top job of goal snatching when clearly offside.

Grant Adam is still a liability and a p***k.

Wouldn't draw any major conclusions after that but a very poor display. It was a bread and butter league game after a couple of high profile matches and we just seemed lethargic. Smith was a miss because he worked so hard in behind the main striker and Pat's old head was also conspicuous by its absence. Grant Adam made a number of good stops. Hilarious offside when guy kicks ball a foot out from the line as it was trickling in anyway. There were claims for red card for Adam in that incident but presume the ball hit his body or shoulder rather than his raised arm - ref had a clear view. Spence's goal looked just onside to me. Gibson's free kick was a beauty. Bad day at office - we move on and need to regroup

Awful today. Last time we were that bad was before Murdoch arrived. Milne and Hughes would have been as well not bothering turning up today. Waste of two jerseys.

If thats what we've got to look forward to I'll take 8th now. No way we're getting top 4 looking at that.

Stranraer won the midfield battle and were worthy of their 3 points in the end. Our chances were few and far between while they always looked more dangerous and likely to score.

Cracking free kick from Willie Gibson for the opener no one would have stopped that perfectly placed and well struck. Re the offside Stranraer goal like CC I can only presume that Adam didn't handle the ball (I thought he did at the time) as the ref took no action against him while the Stranraer boy should have just let the ball run into the empty net.

Think folk are being a bit harsh on Grant Adam the two goals he conceded were a perfectly placed free kick into the postage stamp and a penalty which is always a lottery for a keeper to save. Apart from his flap on the edge of the box which Jamie Longworth failed to take advantage of I thought he did ok and had a few decent saves which kept the score down.

New keeper from Wrexham for Stranraer looked decent.

Still all to play for , for the two sides with a decent run form any of the teams in the pack giving them the chance of fourth place.

Comfortable win could have been a few up at h/t. Two daft offsides cost us goals. Pettigrew shot longworth nudges it over the line apparently it was going in anyway. Then one of the craziest decisions going. Malcolm scores by being ballgreedy but is offside. Correct. If he had left it the ball would have rolled in anyway and be a legit goal. However I'm still not sure of the clear red card for handling outside the box by the cowden goalie. Press and coaches still not sure. However apparently someone spoke to ref supervisor and they said once he has played advantage he can only go back and book the goalie. However I don't think he even did that. Seems bizarre. Clear red card in most people's opinion. Not to worry we got a pen when Stirling got tripped and Malcolm sent the goalie the wrong way. Great free-kick by Gibson. Someone explain our away form. Really enjoy the away games. Home games are depressing. Poor performances and negativity. Away from home all the fans encourage the team. Well done Stranraer.

Adam definitely handled the ball outside the box, no question. Only one team deserved to win today and that was Stranraer. They were hungrier, more determined and wanted it more than us. Nice to see them supporting their local Sealife by playing a Whale in goal. The offside goal that Stranraers number nine messed up by lashing it into the net was the only highlight for me. Cowden were rank rotten today.

Archived