Bears Fight Back

You're better than this.

Thing is, DJ, I am perfectly happy to discuss things our fan base gets wrong and often I agree with the poster. What rips my knitting, though, is getting told we're sectarian when we're patently not in this instance.

Defensive much? Aye, sure.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is, DJ, I am perfectly happy to discuss things our fan base gets wrong and often I agree with the poster. What rips my knitting, though, is getting told we're sectarian when we're patently not in this instance.

Defensive much? Aye, sure.

If you don't believe green yin is rhyming slang for F*****, that's your perogative, bud. Trying to support that, however, by suggesting it came from grey and green yin. Come on.

I've never in my life heard it like that I'd always use green and grey. As the joke replaces the White. But I think you knew that already.

As previous posts show, I myself didn't know what it was referencing, as f***** just isn't part of the language I use or hear on a weekly never mind daily basis. Therefore I didn't ever recognise it until it was pointed out to me in a discussion on here.

It's great that we can all have such an enthralling discussion at half 11 on a Saturday night. Says a lot about the sad lives we lead though. Ideally I'd be over on the vinyl thread, but I think I'm the only one posting there these days. It's my new addiction as there's hee haw good adidas getting released and the folk on the trainer thread are Sports Direct dwelling, Lonsdale wearing weirdo's.

If you don't believe green yin is rhyming slang for F*****, that's your perogative, bud. Trying to support that, however, by suggesting it came from grey and green yin. Come on.

I just had a quick search and the first time (in this guise) I used 'green yin' was in 2013:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/202376-england-v-scotland/?p=7626723

That 'green yins' or 'grey and green yins' could be rhyming slang never crossed my mind.

What has the corduroy one been saying?

Spiersy appears to be mellowing over bears eating weans or whatever its called.

I wonder why the change of heart....

Probably a tip off from the police. They're onto this yin and would rather he called off the dogs.

I tell you what though. For a site set up to purely right the wrongs, they don't half go on about paedophilia and Catholicism.

they don't half go on about paedophilia and Catholicism.

I haven't been on the site in question but this is a distasteful aspect to some of our support. There is plenty of material to rip the pish out of 'the charity club' without referencing either of these.

I just had a quick search and the first time (in this guise) I used 'green yin' was in 2013:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/202376-england-v-scotland/?p=7626723

The oldest (unculled) posts that use the term as rhyming slang were all made by 'green yins' themselves - the oldest being by Wunf back in 2010.

That 'green yins' or 'grey and green yins' could be rhyming slang never crossed my mind.

Your old guise quoted Tim Malloy's use of 'green yins' as rhyming slang back in 2011 ;)

Dammit, the reference to private eye a few pages back made me search for an old cartoon. I got it wrong , it was by Punch :(

446px-Punch_Anti-Irish_propaganda_%28188

Anyhoo, it's still relevant to the way the threads gone, it was anti F word propaganda, depicting the F movement as the Monster and Parnell as the doctor.

Parnell was a prod.

F word ergo is not sectarian , case closed.

I haven't been on the site in question but this is a distasteful aspect to QUITE A LOT of our support. There is plenty of material to rip the pish out of 'the charity club' without referencing either of these.

FTFY

Are grown men actually searching back 5 or 6 years to see who said something first?

Archived