Netflix on Ipad Help

Silvio

Bought the wife an iPad air for her Christmas and she told me yesterday the Netflix app isn't working.

She can log in, browse the library and select what she wants but when she hits play it just goes to a help screen advising of HTML5 or Silverlight.

It gives instructions about installing silverlight but then that page it isn't for tablets just a desktop.

Anyone else had this issue. I also looked for a silverlight app but it wasn't there.

Are you sure she's opening the app? That sounds like the kind of thing you'd get on the browser.

Does the help screen offer a choice of HTML5 or Silverlight?

It's the app as I tried it myself. The help screen offers 'detailed instructions to fix the issue' but it doesn't offer any download links or anything

It's the app as I tried it myself. The help screen offers 'detailed instructions to fix the issue' but it doesn't offer any download links or anything

I'd uninstall it and install again, if you havent already

What are these "detailed instructions"? Anything other than directing to silverlight?

Also, are you 100% sure its the proper Netflix app? Just sounds like very odd behaviour

ETA - apparently theres a setting in your Netflix account. Login to it on a browser go into settings and there should be one to set HTML5 or Silverlight. If its set to Silverlight, change it.

ETETA - although I cant see it, so maybe thats an old solution

Archived