East Kilbride v Celtic - SC R5 - Sunday 6th Feb - BBC 1

HomelandsOur

Taxi for MattBairn? :rolleyes:

Im not saying it shouldnt be moved, Im just trying to understand exactly why.

I get that 500 seats isnt a lot but was it moved due to failing a criteria or was it by request of EK?

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not saying it shouldnt be moved, Im just trying to understand exactly why.

I get that 500 seats isnt a lot but was it moved due to failing a criteria or was it by request of EK?

The point of the whole argument is that EK want it played at home but the SFA don't. EK are arguing they'll increase attendance to 1000 with a temporary stand presumably but the SFA say the ground isn't suitable

The point of the whole argument is that EK want it played at home but the SFA don't. EK are arguing they'll increase attendance to 1000 with a temporary stand presumably but the SFA say the ground isn't suitable

Presumably the only reason that it isn't suitable is because the authorities don't trust that hundreds or thousands of Celtic fans without tickets won't turn up

Presumably the only reason that it isn't suitable is because the authorities don't trust that hundreds or thousands of Celtic fans without tickets won't turn up

And if that happens, can the police not just do their jobs? What kind of idiot turns up when they don't have a ticket anyway? If a gig sells out and there's still demand for tickets, the police don't force the gig to be moved. Nor do people who couldn't get tickets turn up outside for the hell of it either.

If the stadium only has capacity for six fans and a dog, play the game in front of six fans and a dog. It's on the telly anyway.

What reason have the SFA given for it not being suitable though? Is there a criteria that hasn't been met?

Nor do people who couldn't get tickets turn up outside for the hell of it either.

Agree with your point but that happens at pretty much every and out event, be it a game or a gig. Always people flogging spares outside and folk taking a chance that they'll get one

Excuse my ignorance but why couldnt EK just have played the tie at home?

Did they WANT to move it for more gate money?

Have you ever been there? It's a public park with a chain mail fence round the ground. You couldn't possibly host Celtic there. I'm reasonably doubtful you could host many full time sides at this stage of the Scottish Cup there to be honest. You'd have thousands jostling for a view around the pitch. The police would never allow it.

Another absolute farce from the SFA, although seems a little murky on whether Hamilton have stitched them up or not. Even if Hamilton did they, the SFA are hardly blameless in all of it.

I hope it doesn't get played at Firhill - although it is available with us up in Dundee that weekend, we can only just about manage to hold our own games on the pitch with the weather being like it is. With Saturday's game potentially in trouble with how it's looking, they'd be mental to accept another game on it just to get the SFA/EK/Celtic whoever out of this mess.

Have you ever been there? It's a public park with a chain mail fence round the ground. You couldn't possibly host Celtic there. I'm reasonably doubtful you could host many full time sides at this stage of the Scottish Cup there to be honest. You'd have thousands jostling for a view around the pitch. The police would never allow it.

No, I haven't.

The reason Im asking about criteria is I'm trying to figure out exactly what the issue is.

I have searched a few web pages had haven't seen anything about the police saying they cant play it there (that's not to say they haven't though)

Agree with your point but that happens at pretty much every and out event, be it a game or a gig. Always people flogging spares outside and folk taking a chance that they'll get one

You're right - people turn up looking to get hold of a ticket, but there'd be little to no chance they'd be able to get one in this scenario. In an ideal world this game goes ahead in from of the aforementioned six fans and a dog, the police tell everyone else to stay away and that's that.

Won't happen though, obviously.

Nae chance of it being at k park anyway. SFA are a joke but if they don't approve the venue then there isn't much ek can do. As said above its a public park with one single lane road into a car park that's shared with a zoo and country park. It'll go anywhere but there

No, I haven't.

The reason Im asking about criteria is I'm trying to figure out exactly what the issue is.

I have searched a few web pages had haven't seen anything about the police saying they cant play it there (that's not to say they haven't though)

It's completely unable to handle the sort of numbers who would be attending. Both in access, and parking and in terms of blocking a view to those who simply walk up and through the park. Without some sort of massively labour intensive stewards cordon keeping people away there's nothing that could be done to stop thousands simply walking up and jostling for a position on flat unbanked ground where they can see some or all of the pitch. I'm genuinely unconvinced they'd be allowed to host Queen of the South at it in a Scottish Cup tie and I'm pretty certain they wouldn't be allowed Falkirk, never mind one of the Old Firm.

It's so utterly obvious it couldn't be hosted there that I'm not sure any formal decision would ever have been requested from the police.

It's completely unable to handle the sort of numbers who would be attending. Both in access, and parking and in terms of blocking a view to those who simply walk up and through the park. Without some sort of massively labour intensive stewards cordon keeping people away there's nothing that could be done to stop thousands simply walking up and jostling for a position on flat unbanked ground where they can see some or all of the pitch. I'm genuinely unconvinced they'd be allowed to host Queen of the South at it in a Scottish Cup tie and I'm pretty certain they wouldn't be allowed Falkirk, never mind one of the Old Firm.

It's so utterly obvious it couldn't be hosted there that I'm not sure any formal decision would ever have been requested from the police.

All fair points, however with EK choosing their own ground as their preference, I do feel that a formal reason (from the SFA at least) should have been given.

I highly doubt this to be true now, a licence would never had been approved if visibility was available through the fence.

not sure what license you're talking about? To play in the early rounds of the cup you need a barrier to prevent unauthorised entry and some other stuff like separate changing rooms and approved technical areas. Probably the most important thing is an up to date H&S certificate. The requirements don't say anything about a particular licensing level.

Strangely no specific requirements are listed for round 4 and onwards.

not sure what license you're talking about? To play in the early rounds of the cup you need a barrier to prevent unauthorised entry and some other stuff like separate changing rooms and approved technical areas. Probably the most important thing is an up to date H&S certificate. The requirements don't say anything about a particular licensing level.

Strangely no specific requirements are listed for round 4 and onwards.

Entry level licence that's required for LL.(and achieving it is the very reason ek are in the cup)

Quite surprised you haven't heard of it. Everyone in the pyramid needs one.

Archived