Shire v Fife

Couldn't make it to Montrose in time due to finishing work at 1pm so went along today. East Fife were comfortable with Shire not threatening them at all really, they seem to have found a good run of form. Credit where it's due! Number 11 (Wilkie?) had a good game, looking dangerous anytime he got on the ball. A very good goal from him as well!

Apart from Shire being a being a club with no ambition & to be brutally honest a complete irrelevance to anyone there fans gave me a fair wee laugh. Guys near us spent most of the game trying to slag Clyde off, seemed more interested in Clyde's finances which they seemed to be experts on. Lost count on the amount of times they mentioned us.

Highlights of today's game:

1) Wilkies flick to peg the defender before putting it bottom corner

2) Hearing that Clyde are trying to buy the league with a 25 man squad. LOL.

Easy enough win today and could and should of been more comfortable, can't really remember Kelly having to make a save. Wilkie great again as was mercer. Ali coote looks a player aswell so good day all round with results going our way.

Couldn't make it to Montrose in time due to finishing work at 1pm so went along today. East Fife were comfortable with Shire not threatening them at all really, they seem to have found a good run of form. Credit where it's due! Number 11 (Wilkie?) had a good game, looking dangerous anytime he got on the ball. A very good goal from him as well!

Apart from Shire being a being a club with no ambition & to be brutally honest a complete irrelevance to anyone there fans gave me a fair wee laugh. Guys near us spent most of the game trying to slag Clyde off, seemed more interested in Clyde's finances which they seemed to be experts on. Lost count on the amount of times they mentioned us.

Highlights of today's game:

1) Wilkies flick to peg the defender before putting it bottom corner

2) Hearing that Clyde are trying to buy the league with a 25 man squad. LOL.

where do u work ? Gretna?

Good result happy with 3 points.

Wilkie MOTM for me, and class finish.

Coote looked sharp and had great feet.

Only criticism was I though we invited pressure on quite a bit in the second half and thought we tried to pass the ball into the net or looked 1 pass to many in the final third.

Great result and a really good performance. Shire didn't look seriously in the game at any point even after being gifted an OG. Only worring point was not taking shots when they were available even our glorious leader Naismith was guilty of this too. 3 points in the bank and kept hold of 3rd place in the league. I thought Wilkie was class and am excited about the new boy Coote. Clyde next week Come on the Fife.

A hard fought victory against a very hard working and competitive shire. The difference between the 2 sides was the bit of quality that was Kyle Wilkie. East Fife responded well after losing an early goal and kyle wilkie was instrumental in turning the game round with a great run and shot, then drawing a penalty that Fash prodded home after the keeper pushed out his spot kick. The shire battled gamely during the 2nd half but just didn't have any quality in the final third and never troubled the Fife defence. Not our greatest performance but any team not up for the battle will come a cropper at Ochielview as the shire let you know your in a game. Best for East Fife was Wilkie and Paige. That's now 4 wins in 5 , Naysmith now seems to have a more settled team and formation, and at long last a decent run of form is more than welcome. We have also got a decent bench for the first time this season with good options and cover. We have played a couple of games more than some teams but better to have the points in the bag. Also 3 games a week not great for part time teams. Dare I say looking forward to next week for the first time in a while, im sure Clyde will be another hard fought battle.

No complaints about the result

.we were second best tbh and East Fife were more comfortable on the ball throughout their side.

I do wonder why referees feel the need to automatically yellow card some of our players every time they commit a foul. 6 bookings! Really?!

Congratulations to "broadwoodboy" for one of the most ludicrous p and b posts ever. We are as ambitious as anyone else. Unfortunately we have no money.

Agree with onetwo. No complaints, better team won. We were powder puff all game. Poor management from Tully not changing a formation that wasn't working.

Out of interest who were the chocolate hardmen from the away side who were refused entry and were having a shouting match with at least one of the East Fife directors at the top of the road as you come to the stadium? Have they been causing trouble previous? The best entertainment for me was seeing the stewards chasing them around the ground as they were obviously trying to sneak in via the Warriors club.

Archived