Challenge Cup Restructure

Worktheshaft

I know you're not being serious but it's being to benefit the bigot brothers.

It really is not. There is unlikely to be any significant benefit to the OF or indeed any of the other Premiership clubs from this. It's been done to make the competition a bit different and encourage sponsors & tv. Not everything is about Celtic and Rangers you know.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This shambles has been almost universally slammed by fans of all clubs on here. So perhaps they should have considered the wants and needs of all fans instead of tugging off at the prospect of Rangers u20s playing linfield and turning this competition into a laughing stock or test pool for future bad ideas.

So it's been universally slammed by about half a dozen Clyde fans and about 20 odd sundry others then, yeah?

It really is not. There is unlikely to be any significant benefit to the OF or indeed any of the other Premiership clubs from this. It's been done to make the competition a bit different and encourage sponsors & tv. Not everything is about Celtic and Rangers you know.

Three words "cross border competition" already approved by uefa for teams to play in other countries senior tournaments that's the door open for those two looking at getting into the England leagues

Three words "cross border competition" already approved by uefa for teams to play in other countries senior tournaments that's the door open for those two looking at getting into the England leagues

....whilst leaving a colt/U20/B team playing in Scotland while they do it, in case they ever need to come back.

Simple Question

Why would the SPFL give a vastly greater emphasis on introducing Premiership 'B' teams, Welsh and N. Ireland teams to a diddy SCOTTISH cup............ Rather than expanding this competition to ALL SCOTTISH Lowland and Highland teams?

could it be the fact the SPFL board dont give a toss about the smaller clubs (both League and Non League) and really want to open things up for the introduction of Colt teams to the league setup ahead of teams such as Huntly, Cove Rangers, Brora Rangers, Linlithgow Rose, Auchinleck Talbot, Tayport, etc etc etc

The way the whole setup is, i dont see it surviving more than a year or 2.

Home to Killie U20s. Haud me back!

Am I right in saying this is played the midweek between the last league cup section tie and the first league game of the season?

Hopefully Gus will play our under 20s

Archived