Junior Cup Round 5 draw

archieb

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No sure if there is that much between any of the sides that will eventually meet in the last 16 of the competition?

As usual it will boil down to who want`s it most in the matches concerned.

Camelon Juniors knocked Kelty Hearts out of the Fife and Lothians cup last season at Cairmuirs, they then went on to win the competition.

Dundee North End stand in the way of a rematch

No sure if there is that much between any of the sides that will eventually meet in the last 16 of the competition?

As usual it will boil down to who want`s it most in the matches concerned.

Camelon Juniors knocked Kelty Hearts out of the Fife and Lothians cup last season at Cairmuirs, they then went on to win the competition.

Dundee North End stand in the way of a rematch

personally think there a few fixtures that there is quite a lot between the teams

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody on here at the Glenrothes Hermes game? Haven't seen a report anywhere

It was my (neutral's) game of choice for Saturday.

And you had a scouting delegation of four stood just behind me, so you can ask them what they thought of it. But they left before the end (at 0-4, I think) after one of them had been to use the gents - perhaps that's what led to them doing a runner, it is arguably the most dilapidated gents at any Junior ground when all else at Kennoway Star Hearts' Treaton Park is excellent. Friendly folks. Very good pies. Marvellous groundsman providing a good surface at a ground in an unusual setting surrounded by fields up a dirt track in an isolated country village.

Downhill in the dry, Hermes were deservedly 0-3 up at HT. Glenrothes' defending was woeful. And it could've been 0-4 since a Glenrothes defender also thundered one onto his own crossbar.

0-1 8min Greg Alexander (number 11), 0-2 18min and 0-3 20min both David Wilson (9).

The rains arrived at the break and it became a mudbath the more the game went on. KSH were very generous allowing use of their park in this weather.

A second from Alexander on 52 then Wilson completed his hat-trick for 0-5 after 62.

The young lad Daryl Falconer (9) got what felt like a consolation 1-5 goal in the 69th, much to the delight of his mother who was stood alongside us.

Hermes' Alastair Brown was sent off in the 80th and Glenrothes were awarded a pen which was well taken by the number 10 to low down inside the post but Hermes' keeper Lee Sweeney did brilliantly to dive across and save it.

A couple of minutes later Glenrothes got a second, after a scramble which ultimately went down in the record books as an o.g. off Hermes' Greg Watson. So 2-5 after 85mins.

Young Falconer got his second a minute into stoppage time, but his Mum had already left so missed seeing it. 3-5.

Another Hermes player got his marching orders a minute later - Fraser Strachan.

This time the Glenrothes pen was taken by number 2, Steven Jackson, beyond the reach of Sweeney for 4-5.

Insufficient remaining time for an equalizer, so the Hermes keeper can say it was he who won the game, thanks to his penalty save !

Great entertainment for a fiver. What keeps me (a neutral) choosing the Junior game above any other level.

Attendance about 80. No programme produced.

Both Hermes' sendings off were two-yellows, so both players are available for selection for Kilbirnie Ladeside's trek to Aberdeen in the next round. Their ground on the north side of town (strangely accessed through an industrial estate unit's car park and overlooked by a series of huge satellite dishes) near the Exhibition Centre is a good surface that's usually on when others fall, and this season there's only them using it (in previous seasons it was also home to Aberdeenshire Amateur side Woodside, who now play elsewhere) so hopefully it should be On at the first time of asking and you won't have the chaos that there was for the FC Stoneywood nomadic tie up North last season [at Newmachar - PP'd; at Parkvale - PP'd; finally played at Longside, at which I counted just four Away fans + the committee].

Punters are just down the side on the grass banking with no cover, so bring a brolly if there's rain forecast. There's a couple of park benches atop the banking for those who need a sit down. The changing rooms building behind the goal has a covered veranda to keep club officials dry. Usual tea bar fare. And a half-decent gents ! (large portakabin).

Since on an industrial estate there are no local pubs at all though, so make the most of Aberdeen city centre or arrange a stop somewhere on the way up.

I would expect Ladeside's defending to be less generous that was Glenrothes', so I'd make you the favourites to progress.

Nobody on here at the Glenrothes Hermes game? Haven't seen a report anywhere

Interesting and entertaining report by LeedsPhil. There is also a report on thejuniors.info written, I think, by one of the Hermes contingent which is slightly more generous to Glenrothes.

It was my (neutral's) game of choice for Saturday.

And you had a scouting delegation of four stood just behind me, so you can ask them what they thought of it. But they left before the end (at 0-4, I think) after one of them had been to use the gents - perhaps that's what led to them doing a runner, it is arguably the most dilapidated gents at any Junior ground when all else at Kennoway Star Hearts' Treaton Park is excellent. Friendly folks. Very good pies. Marvellous groundsman providing a good surface at a ground in an unusual setting surrounded by fields up a dirt track in an isolated country village.

Downhill in the dry, Hermes were deservedly 0-3 up at HT. Glenrothes' defending was woeful. And it could've been 0-4 since a Glenrothes defender also thundered one onto his own crossbar.

0-1 8min Greg Alexander (number 11), 0-2 18min and 0-3 20min both David Wilson (9).

The rains arrived at the break and it became a mudbath the more the game went on. KSH were very generous allowing use of their park in this weather.

A second from Alexander on 52 then Wilson completed his hat-trick for 0-5 after 62.

The young lad Daryl Falconer (9) got what felt like a consolation 1-5 goal in the 69th, much to the delight of his mother who was stood alongside us.

Hermes' Alastair Brown was sent off in the 80th and Glenrothes were awarded a pen which was well taken by the number 10 to low down inside the post but Hermes' keeper Lee Sweeney did brilliantly to dive across and save it.

A couple of minutes later Glenrothes got a second, after a scramble which ultimately went down in the record books as an o.g. off Hermes' Greg Watson. So 2-5 after 85mins.

Young Falconer got his second a minute into stoppage time, but his Mum had already left so missed seeing it. 3-5.

Another Hermes player got his marching orders a minute later - Fraser Strachan.

This time the Glenrothes pen was taken by number 2, Steven Jackson, beyond the reach of Sweeney for 4-5.

Insufficient remaining time for an equalizer, so the Hermes keeper can say it was he who won the game, thanks to his penalty save !

Great entertainment for a fiver. What keeps me (a neutral) choosing the Junior game above any other level.

Attendance about 80. No programme produced.

Both Hermes' sendings off were two-yellows, so both players are available for selection for Kilbirnie Ladeside's trek to Aberdeen in the next round. Their ground on the north side of town (strangely accessed through an industrial estate unit's car park and overlooked by a series of huge satellite dishes) near the Exhibition Centre is a good surface that's usually on when others fall, and this season there's only them using it (in previous seasons it was also home to Aberdeenshire Amateur side Woodside, who now play elsewhere) so hopefully it should be On at the first time of asking and you won't have the chaos that there was for the FC Stoneywood nomadic tie up North last season [at Newmachar - PP'd; at Parkvale - PP'd; finally played at Longside, at which I counted just four Away fans + the committee].

Punters are just down the side on the grass banking with no cover, so bring a brolly if there's rain forecast. There's a couple of park benches atop the banking for those who need a sit down. The changing rooms building behind the goal has a covered veranda to keep club officials dry. Usual tea bar fare. And a half-decent gents ! (large portakabin).

Since on an industrial estate there are no local pubs at all though, so make the most of Aberdeen city centre or arrange a stop somewhere on the way up.

I would expect Ladeside's defending to be less generous that was Glenrothes', so I'd make you the favourites to progress.

Superb my friend very well done,wanted a neutral view so you provided that and more.thanks again.

Archived