RandomAttempt at managing Hearts (FM16)

RandomGuy.

January Transfers

Dave Mackay, Liam Craig and Steven MacLean all agreed one year deals on reduced wages.

Departures

Untitled_zpso3zuxxok.png

Managed to get a few younger players away for regular games, with Hurst hopefully being this season Chris Kane for Dumbarton. Also managed to punt Sutton which handed me a wedge to play with, while Darnell Fishers loan was cut short. Graham Cummins has agreed a move to Montreal Impact for £90k aswell, but won't move until February.

Incoming

Untitled_zpsyee9bgib.png

Took me until deadline day, but I finally found a natural left winger I was happy with. Should add balance to my squad, and as followers of my previous career will know, this lad is a hero... Chris Kane was recalled from his loan from Kilmarnock after the sales of Sutton and Cummins.

Untitled_zpsgroqrars.png

PCAs

We've agreed contracts that will see Danny Devine (ICT), Paul McGinn (Dundee) and Enoch Ando (Port Vale) join us.

A RB and winger were top of my agenda, and the signing of Ando (who can play on either wing) is a doubler as it'll allow Wotherspoon to move into the CAM role. Decided to go for a centre half as I've no faith in Scobbie and Anderson has spells of being hopeless. Shaughnessys been fairly injury prone too.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January

Untitled_zpsmvbyolnm.png

An embarrassing month, as we fail to take any chances and then just chuck away silly avoidable goals. Just cemented my decision to target a centre half and also to recall Kane who'll hopefully help with our scoring problem.

Untitled_zpsphfiegpy.png

What a difference a month makes.

January

Untitled_zpsmvbyolnm.png

An embarrassing month, as we fail to take any chances and then just chuck away silly avoidable goals. Just cemented my decision to target a centre half and also to recall Kane who'll hopefully help with our scoring problem.

Untitled_zpsphfiegpy.png

What a difference a month makes.

Any injuries up front or just poor form? Lack of goals is worrying.

Kane is very good for me on FM15 with Rangers. However he is much older at the point I'm at.

Any injuries up front or just poor form? Lack of goals is worrying.

Kane is very good for me on FM15 with Rangers. However he is much older at the point I'm at.

Both senior keepers injured, only decent centre half injured and two strikers (kane and cummings) who can barely hit the target.

That combined with absolutely inevitable dreadful form after Christmas which happens every single time I play this game, means its pretty clear i wont survive the season (again).

Both senior keepers injured, only decent centre half injured and two strikers (kane and cummings) who can barely hit the target.

That combined with absolutely inevitable dreadful form after Christmas which happens every single time I play this game, means its pretty clear i wont survive the season (again).

Whats the target the board set for the season?

February

Untitled_zpsvrrljan4.png

Still not won a game in 2016, despite leading two games 2-0 at points. O'Halloran has been effective up front which is the only positive I can take. Steven Anderson has become the complete bombscare in my backline now with a complete inability to stop crosses.

Untitled_zpsni8bsvpz.png

In a straight scrap for 6th now, as any higher is beyond me. Still not convinced we're safe from 11th.

Going to switch from my 4-2-3-1 in an effort to change things. Not settled on what yet but wanting to play with a DM.

March

Untitled_zpscnjch23q.png

My inevitable descent towards relegation and unemployment continues.

Untitled_zps7bdgmbe0.png

Think its fairly clear where we're finishing.

ah the cheat team rears its head again. ..

I despise them, with all my heart. Feel that way about Motherwell and Theo Robinson too, who's now hit 16 goals this season

Final Pre-split fixtures

Untitled.png

WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Untitled_zpsz1nhcprm.png

But failed to make the top six. Didnt deserve to make it tbh as we've been awful for months now. Next big challenge is avoiding 11th. Sharing a half with Doolan and Robinson means I only really have three games to pick up points from. It'll be tough.

Untitled_zpsvlurp1rw.png

:lol: Clearly slipping Steve Brown the boaby. Baffling from them considering we went three months without a win and still have a realistic chance of relegation, but I'm not going to argue with them.

Post split fixtures

Untitled_zpsmmseuzgz.png

Infuriating we manage this run after we miss out on the top half. Been experimenting with O'Halloran up front and it seems to be working very well. So he'll start next season up top.

Untitled_zpsqzxxyh5a.png

Bleh, could've been better but after our horrendous Jan-March run it could've been worse too. Next season we should be in the top half if we avoid such a poor run again.

Untitled_zpskfuuo57c.png

Summer Window thoughts

Already have Paul McGinn and Danny Devine joining to help the defensive effort, with Andoh is joining from Port Vale to hopefully create more chances from the wide areas. Biggest problem now is the loss of John O'Sullivan, who was my best player last season, and what to do with Chris Kane and Jason Cummings. As one will be third choice next season.

So far I'm looking at this as my initial starting eleven...

Mannus

McGinn - Devine - McKay - Easton

Millar - Davidson

Wotherspoon - undecided - Andoh

O'Halloran

Archived