RandomAttempt at managing Hearts (FM16)

RandomGuy.

tumblr_niqkuzBXcO1u9o15ro1_400.png

Here we go, with my FM16 take on the RandomChallenge of managing my favourite team. I'm not entirely sure I've ever survived the first season in of these yet? And unposted attempts at this have seen me only manage it once (despite finishing 10th) before being sacked before Christmas the next season. I'll be posting this as i play, with monthly updates, so I've absolutely no idea how this will go.

Heres the original squad....

Untitled_zps0lastd23.png

The squad seems to lean towards a 4-4-2, but I always prefer the balance of a 4-2-3-1, so we'll have to see how things progress. In terms of transfers I'll be looking for a left sided midfielder regardless of the formation, and may also bring in another central midfielder who could potentially play in the CAM role.

As is customary these days, its the European Qualifiers that start my career. First up is some random group of Georgian farmers...

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Europa League Qualifiers

Untitled_zpsdd1bkp4u.png

Bit disappointed to go out so early, but Thun were a tough opponent who took advantage of a ravaged line up. Was missing Mackay, Anderson, McKay, Davidson and MacLean for the games against them. We dominated all four games though, which is a positive thing though.

Summer Transfers

Untitled_zps132bpzwq.png

Might aswell go straight for the Cummings deal, as I assume thats the only one people will really notice. My strikers had been pretty fucking awful in Europe, and I've learned careers can hinge on your centre forward. So when I realised he was available, and I could negotiate a transfer which only seen £100k come out initially, I had to go for it. Obviously with him coming in it left me overloaded with strikers, so Kane was allowed to leave as Kilmarnock promised he'd be a regular in the first team, and that can only help him.

Untitled_zpstwx33djk.png

This is O'Sullivan. Pretty cheap on wages, can play every position in the midfield and very good physicals. Pretty chuffed with this.

Untitled_zpsy8jtuqv7.png

You all know him.

August

Untitled_zps8w87o2lj.png

A totally bizarre team. We lost Cummings to injury during the Inverness game, and we really struggled without him. County were absolutely dreadful so no point using that as any judge. We actually played well against Dundee and Motherwell, but couldnt finish the numerous chances and Scobbie decided he'd been playing too well and made mistakes for every goal. Bizarrely was absolutely solid against Celtic, sadly Liam Craig missed a penalty in that game to deny us a win. Cummings is back from injury for September though, so are Mackay, McKay, Anderson and Davidson. So realistically we'll hope to pick up a couple of wins.

Untitled_zpsgpbwkb0d.png

Always positive to get such a big gap over 11th so early, but realistically it means nothing. A poor month and we're sitting 10th.

September

Steven Anderson agreed a new contract that will keep him at the club until 2019.

Untitled_zps3kjpi4u5.png

A frustrating month. Dominated all four games but just didnt capitalise in three of the four. Losing to Hearts wasnt too bad, but I'd rather not have had to play 120 minutes and penalties, as it affected our performance against United.

Untitled_zpshwrxyox2.png

Can't mewl with sitting third, but it should be better. Need to keep picking up points and hope to develop a gap in the top half.

Untitled_zps3si58aug.png

Millionaire Brazilian takes over Motherwell. Pretty sure they ended up with some billionaire in my last save aswell :lol:

October

Untitled_zpsbrlbzsth.png

Another frustrating month, but in fairness we played three teams who finished the month in the top four, all away from home. The lack of goals from my strikers is a concern, and something I'm desperate to remedy. Had Cummings playing as an Advanced Forward but might experiment with him as a Poacher, as we create plenty but theres never anyone hovering to just tap it in.

Untitled_zpsmrltr1z1.png

Top four are starting to pull away so we need to start gaining points back on them. This month was arguably perfect for that but once we play weaker teams we should hopefully claw them back. Decent gap to 9th though.

Good luck, alas time constraints mean I can't show you how it's done this year. You're on your own.

I will however judge it against my saints career on 16. ;)

Good luck, alas time constraints mean I can't show you how it's done this year. You're on your own.

I will however judge it against my saints career on 16. ;)

I imagine youll vastly outperform me yet again :(

November

Untitled_zpslfdcxw3j.png

So, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so frustrating. Cummings picked up a month long injury which forces the striking changes I'd been pondering. Chris Kane currently has 6 in 14 for Kilmarnock which makes this worse. Think MacLean is next in line for a chance as Cummins hasnt impressed so far and Suttons injured.

Untitled_zpsljylacyg.png

Managed to claw back Aberdeen, and also gained small ground on ICT. The tightness of the league makes me nervous though, especially with the lack of goals.

I imagine youll vastly outperform me yet again :(

Better not tell you I'm 2nd after 21 games then. :lol:

Then again games a bogey as Hamilton are top and Celtic are 4th! 6 points between 5 teams. Fucking ICT are still my bogey team, bloody John Hughes.

P.S- sign Johnny Hayes, boy is magic! :P

Better not tell you I'm 2nd after 21 games then. :lol:

Then again games a bogey as Hamilton are top and Celtic are 4th! 6 points between 5 teams. Fucking ICT are still my bogey team, bloody John Hughes.

P.S- sign Johnny Hayes, boy is magic! :P

I hate you.

December

Youngsters Craig Thomson and Greg Hurst signed new deals to 2018.

Untitled_zpsb4wgemsj.png

Dont ask about the Ross County game, we seem to have RandomGames (...) where we just completely combust at the back. Brian Graham turned into Zico aswell. Reached desperation levels in terms of scoring and was tempted to chuck 18 year old Hurst straight into the first choice role simply because he tapped the ball in from two yards. Perhaps thankfully Cummins and MacLean have stepped up to the plate this month. It means I'm left with a £250k striker as third choice, but I cant drop scoring strikers. Scobbie decided to show them all how it done anyway, the absolute freak.

Untitled_zpshvm2tsoa.png

Much more optimistic now, and a 9 point gap to 7th is something that shouldn't be overturned that easily.

Interesting that Hamilton are also doing well in this save, also interesting that Christian Nade is the leagues top scorer with 14 goals...

Kilmarnock sacked Locke at the start of the month, and haven't appointed a new manager yet with Lee McCulloch presiding over a winless month. Dundee also sacked Hartley at the start of the month but replaced him fairly quickly with well known follower of Scottish football, Felix Magath. They've won two, lost two and drawn one under him.

Thoughts ahead of Januarys window

In terms of the incomings I've not really got the budget to sign anyone, so I'll be targeting PCAs. A right back, central midfielder/CAM and left winger will remain my priorities, although Shaughnessys recent form might push of the need for a RB. O'Sullivans been absolutely outstanding in the CAM role but I dont think I've any chance of a permanent deal, but its something I'll enquire about just incase. We'll welcome Scott Brown back on loan as a CM, which might help there depending on how he performs. Pondering bringing Kane back from Kilmarnock (7 goals in 21 games), but the recent form of MacLean and Cummins means I might keep him there.

Going out I'll be looking to loan out some of the youth, with Greg Hurst hopefully getting regular games somewhere. John Sutton will be the only senior player I try and punt, and I'll use those wages to extend contracts/bring in PCAs. Considering the future of Dave Mackay in the Summer too, a big earner and his physicals are collapsing with this injury, think I might take the bold step and let him go unless he agrees to a decent wage drop.

November

Untitled_zpslfdcxw3j.png

So, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so frustrating. Cummings picked up a month long injury which forces the striking changes I'd been pondering. Chris Kane currently has 6 in 14 for Kilmarnock which makes this worse. Think MacLean is next in line for a chance as Cummins hasnt impressed so far and Suttons injured.

Untitled_zpsljylacyg.png

Managed to claw back Aberdeen, and also gained small ground on ICT. The tightness of the league makes me nervous though, especially with the lack of goals.

Safe from relegation though. Killie starting to fall away.

Safe from relegation though. Killie starting to fall away.

Yeah Kilmarnock are doomed it looks like. Still unconvinced I'll not finish 11th though! Such is my luck with second half of the season collapses

Archived