Neddy cafes and takeaways

Snakebite

Would much rather one of these "Neddy", takeaways/cafes than another one of these sanctimonious, left wing, guardian reading hell holes that sell a mocca chocca frothy skinny latte and a slice of homemade pumpkim and poppy seed cake for a ten spot.

Inhabited by people with names like Callum and Fraser who persist on wearing scarves indoors, speak with that Uni twang and over pronounce the letter R, "Best game evarrrrrrrrr".

Usually on laptops and drink their beverage holding up there cup with their pinky.

Very, very good point.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now your smart arse comment has been destroyed, will you kid on you never made it or do the decent thing and admit you bawsed it up?

What's with the aggressive tone? Calm down eh.

Hillhead Bookclub is a cocktail bar where jumped up neds like me wearing a shirt under a jumper try and impress lassies who go to Glasgow Uni, it's not a place where folk with an accent that doesn't exist drink lattes.

Tinderbox is just a regular coffee shop for folk in offices or folk on the way to Glasgow Caley.

I have not heard of the other places you've described.

There used to be a great little truckstop/cafe type place just along from the m8 sliproad beside Harthill services. It was like a converted dining room in somebodys house. They used to sell huge mugs of tea, like pints and the place was always busy.

I dont know if its still there now though.

What's with the aggressive tone? Calm down eh.

Hillhead Bookclub is a cocktail bar where jumped up neds like me wearing a shirt under a jumper try and impress lassies who go to Glasgow Uni, it's not a place where folk with an accent that doesn't exist drink lattes.

Tinderbox is just a regular coffee shop for folk in offices or folk on the way to Glasgow Caley.

I have not heard of the other places you've described.

Are you now claiming the Glasgow Uni accent does not exist?,

What mortal plane do you reside?

• 3 weeks later...

Blue Lagoon grub is fucking filth. They should provide you with a free artery when you buy some of their greasy slop.

I was looking forward to a half pizza supper last time I was home , the silly c**t couldn't have put more salt on it. Had to stop him and do a new one and it was still over seasoned

Has anyone ever had a sarbeni from Turquoise near the Arches? I've never had one sober, but I'm pretty sure it would still be fucking amazing.

The first bite of a sarbeni is one of the best things ever, but by the time u get halfway through, it's a bit rank. Wouldn't fancy trying one sober.

The first bite of a sarbeni is one of the best things ever, but by the time u get halfway through, it's a bit rank. Wouldn't fancy trying one sober.

I've had one sober, and it wasn't too bad.

The next day was probably worse than any time I had had one drunk though.

Has anyone ever had a sarbeni from Turquoise near the Arches? I've never had one sober, but I'm pretty sure it would still be fucking amazing.

This thread made me think of this. Not had one in ages either.

Looking forward to Friday night game vs Aberdeen next week for a visit to Morello's :)

Archived