Montrose v Clyde

8-1 :lol:

5-0 :lol:

2 in 2 this year on the carpet :lol:

That'll do for now, champ.

giphy.gif

Completely forgot about that 5-0 game. A last game of the season kickabout and you're still harbouring a stauner. Gutted for you.

Onto the present, going down to 10 men yesterday was the turning point in the game for us obviously. The fact we still competed very well despite that is encouraging at least. That said, I don't think you can afford to be losing 2 games a row in this league if you want to be considered title challengers. Need to get the finger out after a few disappointing results recently.

Interesting to see a Montrose fan say a glass came from their end. I thought that at the time and a steward said so as well but another Clyde fan standing there said they weren't sure. Absolutely unacceptable behaviour and the same goes for the Clyde fan who also launched a glass as alleged. To the stewards credit, I think they handled it very well and were at least willing to diffuse the situation instead of going in all guns blazing as some others would do.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wasn't there but going by reports seemed exciting poribably one of those games if you win you think it was great if you lose you are particularly gutted it does seem hegarty has done a good job turning it around for montrose since last season for us really need get a win with next two games away from home East fife and Elgin it's think cap on for BF on how we can get scoring goals

Was interesting hearing a few Clyde fans saying that it was never a penalty for their missed attempt. John Gibson had a good game for Clyde with a few top class saves. However extremely pleasing seeing us win this one. We still have 3 starting midfielders out and it's still a makeshift team on the pitch for us.

To the old boy bemoaning as he left the referee handed us the game, Bolo was a clear sending off, your penalty was never a penalty. Your number 4 was lucky to still be on the pitch at the end, so aye the referee handed us the game.

The guy you're tussling with is only 19 and from a safe and cosy suburb of Glasgow and yet feels competent to talk about a team 130 miles away and the last 20 years of their history. Like the conceited brat he is he'll never observe anyone else's viewpoint.

Tragically another decent match threat hijacked by the same little band of cyber warriors. Your combatant is one of a small group who haven't had enough of life yet to understand that having intelligence doesn't mean you are clever. The thing I find most hysterical about this puppet show is that most of the revisionists who go on about Clyde being big and great are late teens or early twenties. Clyde got bumped from Shawfield 30 years ago and the last extended period of them being anything approaching 'big' was the late sixties into the early seventies. If you take a very gracious baseline of 10 years old to remember football games pretty much anyone under 55 has never seen a good Clyde team.

Good luck to The Mo. I confidently predict Clyde will collapse over the next six weeks and seventh will be their final position, if that. You might well have the last laugh. As for Angus, anyone of the four clubs there would be an aspirational dream for a shambles of a club like Clyde FC.

:lol:.

Fucking hell, QPSA, you've outdone yourself there. I've never known anyone to be presented so many open goals but to spectacularly miss and score an own goal at the other end. Keep up the good work.

Incredibly, I will never tire of seeing blatant wind ups from Clyde fans generate so much obsession and seethe on here. It certainly atones for the utter shite on the park.

Your number 4 was lucky to still be on the pitch at the end, so aye the referee handed us the game.

This is also true. Constant fouls and continually approaching every decision by the referee with petualnce, streams of abuse and Seie-A style walking away holding his head in his hands, muttering to himself.

an absolute roaster.

Latest reports are that it was" Mo 83" that launched his champagne flute at the Clyde contingent, he's an awful man on the Bolly, but generally a good guy when not on the fizzy stuff.

Unfortunately, he's on the upmarket peeve all the time. Shame really.

How dare you!!!

The bit is, all ten of the clubs in this division are in the same position, desperate to get out of this league and envious of part time clubs such as Dumbarton and Alloa Athletic in the Championship.

I'll argue all day long about history and potential support, but we are where we are at this point in time and do not own any divine right to win promotion because of this.

Disrespecting the opposition who are trading blow by blow with you just makes you look ridiculous..

The bit is, all ten of the clubs in this division are in the same position, desperate to get out of this league and envious of part time clubs such as Dumbarton and Alloa Athletic in the Championship.

I'll argue all day long about history and potential support, but we are where we are at this point in time and do not own any divine right to win promotion because of this.

Disrespecting the opposition who are trading blow by blow with you just makes you look ridiculous..

much of this is right, but when Clyde lose to any of the Angus clubs, many deflect from the result and a poor performance and bring up the " why is there four clubs in Angus, they should be merged into one", this is a constant theme, is there a belief that one team in Angus would improve Clyde in some way

much of this is right, but when Clyde lose to any of the Angus clubs, many deflect from the result and a poor performance and bring up the " why is there four clubs in Angus, they should be merged into one", this is a constant theme, is there a belief that one team in Angus would improve Clyde in some way

in a seriousness doubt anybody really thinks the four teams should merge and really why should they are well run clubs and the ones with synthetic pitches will be a really good resource for the community

I do think that the bottom two leagues should be regionalised with the lowland and highland league feeding into either not sure how we work it only a thought For me it would generate local derbies and away supports would be improved

Archived