Montrose v Clyde

you lot just set yourselves up to be ridiculed, you just can't help yourselves, biggest club in the league, maybe at one time, but not now, you are just a "Diddy", nomadic team that Scottish football does not care a "jot" about, there's the truth for you

don't care a jot ?

so why you on the thread ha ha

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really expect your average Loltrose fan to understand the term, tbh. A supporter of a team which has almost exclusively been battling against 10th place for the last 20 years, and a team which signs bench-warmers from direct rivals, can't be expected to understand such terminology. I'd recommend that you enjoy the 3 points and continue to battle it out in the scrap for 10th place.

Montrose have finished in the bottom 2 seven times in the last 19 seasons. Not a great record, but hardly "exclusively battling against 10th place for the last 20 years".

Clyde have finished in the bottom 2 three times in the last five seasons. Montrose have finished above Clyde in three of the last five seasons.

Please answer contextually in terms of the period questioned: the last twenty years. I think you'll find Loltrose have been partaking in bottom feeding for virtually the entirety of that period, even if they've had a smattering of brief forays beyond the promised land of 9th place.

Regardless of past or present "glories", today's game was a relatively even one. For me, a draw would've been the fair result, but Montrose were dogged and solid where we weren't. Can't have many complaints about the outcome.

You said "exclusively battling against 10th place this last 20 years", I showed this wasn't the case, 12 out of 19 finishing higher than 9th is not a smattering.

Clyde's record at this level is nothing to write home about either, albeit they've only been in Division Three for 6 seasons counting this one.

Angusfifer's post (nr 119) above sums it up.

someone has to point out how delusional, some of you lot are, tonight I nominated me

and I would have thought you would be more interested in your team getting a good win today

but obviously Clyde losing is more important I rest my case

and I would have thought you would be more interested in your team getting a good win today

but obviously Clyde losing is more important I rest my case

we had a good win today, but the way some of you lot conduct yourselves is legendary, but am not sure if you are to be more pitied than scorned

Embarrassing stuff from Clyde Ultra here very much cringe a minute.

The Bully Wee.

Really? Why? Genuine honest question for what clubs ambitious are, from what I see their ambitions amount to surviving basically and not much else. Delighted to be proved wrong tho.

Anyway, moving on from the last couple of pages of nonsense. Bald men, combs etc.

I'm not going to hide the fact I'm genuinely gutted after that game. Not angry or seething, just a really dull nausea. Had it continued in a similar manner to the last 10 minutes of the first half, where Montrose absolutely battered us, then I'd not be as bothered but the effort put in during the second half was terrific and resulted in a really even half, where we probably had the better chances.

Strange symmetry to both halves; a missed penalty each, a missed one on one (Campbell/Gormley) and a great close range chance (Mallangary/Ferguson). First two goals from set pieces that weren't successfully cleared (Montrose maybe a bit luck the ref didn't blow for half-time for theirs), the winner a good bit of play from Campbell (had to happen some time I suppose) and a decent finish. Disappointed as with 10 men Linton and someone else could have taken the booking and stopped the attack.

Not much to talk about tactically. Montrose should have probably relinquished a defensive player earlier and they definitely lacked a player to switch the ball quicker, we should have withdrawn Higgins the minute Bolo was sent off. Winning the penalty was the only reason he wasn't completely anonymous.

Despite the effort, there was only really a few decent performers on either side. I couldn't agree at all with the man of the match vote as I thought Steeves was comfortably Montrose's stand out performer, whilst despite some admiral pace at times, Ferguson's end product was lacking all day. For us, Gibson made a couple of terrific stops and McGovern was superb again in midfield. I thought that was one of Scott McLaughlin's better games as well. Shame about the red card as both Ferguson and Linton were causing problems early on out wide. I'm absolutely not using it as an excuse as it's our fault for not adapting but I think our entire back four struggled with the surface today; there seemed a disproportionate number of sliced clearances and misjudging of a bouncing ball from normally reliable players. It's definitely different to Broadwood's pitch. Needs better preparation in the warm-up I reckon.

You said "exclusively battling against 10th place this last 20 years", I showed this wasn't the case, 12 out of 19 finishing higher than 9th is not a smattering.

Clyde's record at this level is nothing to write home about either, albeit they've only been in Division Three for 6 seasons counting this one.

Angusfifer's post (nr 119) above sums it up.

Thanks for all but confirming for me that Montrose is a gutter club with no ambition or standing in the modern landscape of Scottish football; I wouldn't lower myself to researching the Montrose-centred stats you've provided me. Please notice that I said "almost exclusively" too, however I wouldn't expect an Aberdeen-supporting white knight to pick up on such nuances of the language. Thanks for playing.

Thanks for all but confirming for me that Montrose is a gutter club with no ambition or standing in the modern landscape of Scottish football; I wouldn't lower myself to researching the Montrose-centred stats you've provided me. Please notice that I said "almost exclusively" too, however I wouldn't expect an Aberdeen-supporting white knight to pick up on such nuances of the language. Thanks for playing.

:lol:

:lol:

The guy you're tussling with is only 19 and from a safe and cosy suburb of Glasgow and yet feels competent to talk about a team 130 miles away and the last 20 years of their history. Like the conceited brat he is he'll never observe anyone else's viewpoint.

Tragically another decent match threat hijacked by the same little band of cyber warriors. Your combatant is one of a small group who haven't had enough of life yet to understand that having intelligence doesn't mean you are clever. The thing I find most hysterical about this puppet show is that most of the revisionists who go on about Clyde being big and great are late teens or early twenties. Clyde got bumped from Shawfield 30 years ago and the last extended period of them being anything approaching 'big' was the late sixties into the early seventies. If you take a very gracious baseline of 10 years old to remember football games pretty much anyone under 55 has never seen a good Clyde team.

Good luck to The Mo. I confidently predict Clyde will collapse over the next six weeks and seventh will be their final position, if that. You might well have the last laugh. As for Angus, anyone of the four clubs there would be an aspirational dream for a shambles of a club like Clyde FC.

Clyde = biggest club in division

evidence if we lose the other teams fans pile in you just don't get this on any of the other teams threads

I think that's because you're all a bunch of fannies. Scott/David/you usually and a few others aside.

The guy you're tussling with is only 19 and from a safe and cosy suburb of Glasgow and yet feels competent to talk about a team 130 miles away and the last 20 years of their history. Like the conceited brat he is he'll never observe anyone else's viewpoint.

Tragically another decent match threat hijacked by the same little band of cyber warriors. Your combatant is one of a small group who haven't had enough of life yet to understand that having intelligence doesn't mean you are clever. The thing I find most hysterical about this puppet show is that most of the revisionists who go on about Clyde being big and great are late teens or early twenties. Clyde got bumped from Shawfield 30 years ago and the last extended period of them being anything approaching 'big' was the late sixties into the early seventies. If you take a very gracious baseline of 10 years old to remember football games pretty much anyone under 55 has never seen a good Clyde team.

Good luck to The Mo. I confidently predict Clyde will collapse over the next six weeks and seventh will be their final position, if that. You might well have the last laugh. As for Angus, anyone of the four clubs there would be an aspirational dream for a shambles of a club like Clyde FC.

Cosy suburb :lol:

Archived