Montrose v Clyde

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

that's 3 out of 4 we have lost need to get back to winning way

results went our way ? Elgin won

two big games coming up

Aye, largely went our way - Elgin winning at home is to be expected, but QP drawing and Annan losing are both good for us. If we can nick a result against Elgin at Borough Briggs I think that'll keep us in it.

I still can't help but feeling that, with the squad we've got, we should be doing better than we currently are. Hopefully we can put another run together soon to keep ourselves in the running.

Maybe when you actually beat us at Links Park some of us might take your tedious rap-lecture seriously.

In the meantime, I'll settle for climbing the table steadily and enjoying your posting through a fine mist of salty tears.

It's a hat-trick of avoidances! Are you a politician? Again enjoy scraping for survival for the next 100 years.

Monty fans forum- club ambition someone asks? Survive, repeat forever and ever and ever. Great future, how do I sign up?

Yea, really disappointing result especially the way we lost the goals, particularly the first. Linton missing th penalty obviously must have knocked the wind out of the players.

Think now we are a play off team, not going to win league, unfortunately we were in a good position but a number of factors have put that to bed; games off haven't helped, but I think most obvious is that the team has been crying out for some quality in midfield but we are not in the position to strengthen hence we are in the position we find ourself. Unfortunately other side seem to me able to bring one or 2 in and that will be crucial.

Hi

Aye, largely went our way - Elgin winning at home is to be expected, but QP drawing and Annan losing are both good for us. If we can nick a result against Elgin at Borough Briggs I think that'll keep us in it.

I still can't help but feeling that, with the squad we've got, we should be doing better than we currently are. Hopefully we can put another run together soon to keep ourselves in the running.

agree we should be doing better biggest problem is scoring goals

out of East fife away and Elgin away we need to get minimum three points

crucial part of the season when a team will go on a run that will take them to the title at the moment Elgin are in the box seat

Montrose! Enjoy the Highland league. Is it not about time you 4 Angus diddies combined to at least try offer something to Scottish football other than just surviving for the sake of it. Ambition is a word, believe it or not.

No this garbage from you mob again, tiresome is what this is

It's a hat-trick of avoidances! Are you a politician? Again enjoy scraping for survival for the next 100 years.

Monty fans forum- club ambition someone asks? Survive, repeat forever and ever and ever. Great future, how do I sign up?

Forgive me if I don't pay attention to the "insights" of a guy whose club have been grubbing around at this level for years too, without really threatening to ever win promotion themselves.

And in case you hadn't noticed, we're only actually three points behind you. Maybe I shoiuld turn the tables and ask how "ambitious" a club are who rent a council owned facility, and who seem to regard their future nirvana as ground sharing with a junior club in Shettleston- if it ever actually happens.

If only we were as ambitious as the Clyde. :(

Yea, really disappointing result especially the way we lost the goals, particularly the first. Linton missing th penalty obviously must have knocked the wind out of the players.

Think now we are a play off team, not going to win league, unfortunately we were in a good position but a number of factors have put that to bed; games off haven't helped, but I think most obvious is that the team has been crying out for some quality in midfield but we are not in the position to strengthen hence we are in the position we find ourself. Unfortunately other side seem to me able to bring one or 2 in and that will be crucial.

on the signing front think we put all our eggs in one basket at the start of season with players we brought in

still think the squad should be doing better we need to get our strikers scoring and bit of energy into midfield

CLYDE ULTRA, on 23 Jan 2016 - 17:15, said:

Montrose! Enjoy the Highland league. Is it not about time you 4 Angus diddies combined to at least try offer something to Scottish football other than just surviving for the sake of it. Ambition is a word, believe it or not.

:lol:

_55926176_1471975.jpg

Entertaining game, slightly marred by some stupid drunken buffoonery in the Dynamo.

Clyde's perma-seething number 4 was worth the admission money alone.

Table looking a bit better now.

N E X T

Thought Clyde looked decent at the start, but a definite penalty and red. Would have been interesting to see how we pushed on had we scored, but credit to Gibson for that save and a few others. Was crucial we scored before half-time - we were really on top in the closing stages, so was glad we went in level.

Second half was pretty entertaining stuff, marred by the distractions in the terracing. I can't begin to think what went through the head of the guy from the Montrose section who thought it would be a good idea to start on the young Clyde fan after Linton's penalty miss. Likewise, the fud from the Clyde section who thought throwing a glass bottle into the mix was a good idea. Kids and fans who were just there for the match could have easily got pulled into that. Scenes like this are sadly becoming more and more a feature at LP this season.

Back to matters on the park; good to see Hegarty sending on Templeman and dropping Campbell back into midfield: it was from there that Campbell set off on a skilful run and nutmeg to deliver a great cross for the winner. Good shifts again from Ferguson and Mallagaray, and great to see Steeves storming up the flanks at home again.

To Clyde's credit, I overheard a few people on the way out saying that Clyde didn't look like a team playing with 10 men for 70 odd minutes. Have to agree. But 7 points from the last available 9, with East Stirling and Berwick dropping points again can only be positive.

Have to agree on the stewarding, the situation was generally handled very well. Disappointing that such aggravation occurred, obviously. Wasn't aware of a Clyde fan throwing glass - may not have seen it - but a Montrose mutant certainly threw a glass into our area. Spoke to a few Montrose fans in the pub outside the ground and they were all stand-up gents, so obviously a minority looking for a scrap.

No this garbage from you mob again, tiresome is what this is

Maybe but at least it's truthful, comeback when your ahem ""club"" has spent 10+ years challenging at the top of the championship, or when you have any other ambition than to scrimp and scrape by from week to week, accomplishing the square root of nothing.

Like it or lump it, we are the only club in this league who has any kind of ambition whatsoever other than to meanlessly carry on.

Archived