Montrose v Clyde

Decent goal from Montroses point of view. Low ball across, controlled and slotted past Gibson. He had a lot of time to control it though. We should have got a block/tackle in.

Game looks beyond us now. We'd had a decent amount of the ball until then but didn't look like scoring.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Montrose! Enjoy the Highland league. Is it not about time you 4 Angus diddies combined to at least try offer something to Scottish football other than just surviving for the sake of it. Ambition is a word, believe it or not.

Two of those diddies are currently in a higher division than you.

Montrose! Enjoy the Highland league. Is it not about time you 4 Angus diddies combined to at least try offer something to Scottish football other than just surviving for the sake of it. Ambition is a word, believe it or not.

Look at you and your ambition, leaving Links Park empty handed.

Safe trip home, sweet cheeks. Better luck next time.

Look at you and your ambition, leaving Links Park empty handed.

Safe trip home, sweet cheeks. Better luck next time.

Nicely avoided, so again what the f**k do loltrose offer? Or ever will, apart from slumming it scraping to avoid relegation every year?

What's the point, seriously?

On to the actual game, it was actually a cracker. A great atmosphere and very, very evenly matched.

Montrose started brightly and there was some decent passing, gaining quite a bit down Clyde's right. The first major incident of note however was "Bolo" being sent off for a ridiculous foul and the most blatant penalty you'll ever see. After just quarter of an hour, it looked like the perfect start for us. But Gibson made a great sprawling save low to his right from Fraser's penalty and the chance was lost.

Clyde to their credit worked, really, really hard with ten men. Inevitably, they took the lead half way through the first half. I was standing at the open Beach End and didn't really see what happened; it looked either a goalkeeping error or a foul which went unawarded. I heard both stories behind it.

Montrose huffed and puffed as the half wore on and began to stretch Clyde. Gibson made a couple of fine stops and rode his luck, with some jammy deflections and last minute blocks. But it ran out in injury time in the first half.After a bit of ricocheting in the penalty area the ball fell to Jamie Carke at the edge of the box and he hit a whistling missile of a shot that was bulging the net before Gibson had completed his dive. 1-1 at the break and Montrose really pushing.

Some felt that in the second half Montrose didn't make enough of the extra man advantage. It's certainly one explanation, although I would credit Clyde for working really hard to hold onto what they had. Indeed in the second half they had a great chance to re-establish the lead. Montrose conded a penalty with a crude chop on one of the Clyde players; fortunately for us Linton's low penalty cannoned off the outside of Jordan Millar's left hand post and ricocheted out for a throw in.

After that Montrose built and built. Webster was prominent, Comrie was decent and Steeves and Ferguson did really well. In the end, with about ten minuts left, a nice break involving Webster and Campbell saw the ball fall to Mallagaray who was lurking just inside the box. He steered the ball nicely past Gibson's dive and just inside the right hand post. 2-1 and absolute bedlam.

Montrose saw the game out comfortably after that' Templeman came on and showboated a bit after a great welcome from the fans. Not a perfect performance from us by any means, but great to prevail in a very hard fought and even game, and great to put further distance between us and bottom place. If we can keep showing this spirit and maintaining these levels of desire and competitiveness we will steadily climb the table for the rest of the season. A standard was set there today that has to be maintained.

Nicely avoided, so again what the f**k do loltrose offer? Or ever will, apart from slumming it scraping to avoid relegation every year?

What's the point, seriously?

Maybe when you actually beat us at Links Park some of us might take your tedious rap-lecture seriously.

In the meantime, I'll settle for climbing the table steadily and enjoying your posting through a fine mist of salty tears.

Montrose, by all accounts, are an utter gang; had it not been for the ridiculous actions of Bolo, I'm certain we'd have won that. Beyond that, though, it was a very even game. If Linton put his penalty away I'd have been confident that we'd get some sort of a result, but as it was some slack defending let them score the winner. Definitely points dropped; as I said, Montrose were poor. Perhaps Templeman will give them a bit more impetus and nous going forward, but they were dreadful. For us, the result (even with 10 men) makes me doubt our title credentials, although a good run and wins from the games in hand could see us in the mix. Results, largely, went our way today which helps.

Montrose, by all accounts, are an utter gang; had it not been for the ridiculous actions of Bolo, I'm certain we'd have won that. Beyond that, though, it was a very even game. If Linton put his penalty away I'd have been confident that we'd get some sort of a result, but as it was some slack defending let them score the winner. Definitely points dropped; as I said, Montrose were poor. Perhaps Templeman will give them a bit more impetus and nous going forward, but they were dreadful. For us, the result (even with 10 men) makes me doubt our title credentials, although a good run and wins from the games in hand could see us in the mix. Results, largely, went our way today which helps.

that's 3 out of 4 we have lost need to get back to winning way

results went our way ? Elgin won

two big games coming up

Archived