Sign in to follow this  
edinabear

Team 16?

Sarcasm gets ye naewhere!

Didn't think it interested ye

just checked if they get through a replay they get a home tie against Berwick Rangers in the next round.  

Good luck to them. 

Far too obtuse for me!

2 hours ago, gaz5 said:

There's no money in the prelims outside of a gate receipt split as far as I'm aware. Prize money starts at 2000 for all teams in first round proper, then goes 4000, 6000 (cumulative) for rounds 2 & 3. So any non league club getting to round 3 gets 12000.

Aye sorry, you're right about rounds 1,2,3 but Whitehill have never played in the prelim rounds so I never knew that paid nowt.

14 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

I wouldn't be as quick to write off the LL as some in this thread. It's only a few years old, over time the mixing of teams between T4 and T5 and the coverage the league will get will embed the league a little better. Re accommodating the juniors in any unified non-league set up though, surely you've got to imagine that an arrangement which parachutes incoming junior clubs into positions ahead of existing senior clubs is unrealistic? I think if junior teams want a unified pyramid they're probably going to have to accept 5-10 years for teams to find their level.

Also, I'm a little late on this, but 'the pretend ethnicity pretensions of the lower orders' is an absolutely bizarre comment from WaffenThinMinter. Total crank.

Hate to break it to you, but nobody's writing off the LL; save Burnie_Man & a handful of similar losers from the Junior forums under the delusion that Scottish football - never mind the LL - cares anymore about what the Juniors may, one day, think about future cooperation with other levels when they finally manage to get their acts together to agree on a single collective thought (early forecasts for this being circa 2099, although some regard this as over optimistic). They had their chance & they blow it. End of.

As for my comments about St Roch's, its the epitome of a club that survives (just!) on the back of the local feral creatures of Royston's*** delusion that pretending to be Irish somehow makes their locality & their lives somehow more exotic & less pathetic than it is .

**or The Garngad as the real ultra Sham Irish Weegies like to call it. Apparantly the new name was all part of the Orange Masonic Iluminati conspiracy or whatever to wipe out their "culture" & stop Celtic winning the treble, or whatever...

Stil, good to see your humiliation on GD talking about subjects you hadn't a clue about hasn't bothered you that much that you've come stalking me over here looking for "revenge". Back in your box.

Which leads nicely to the reappearence of...

11 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Yip.

Makes an arse of himself in this thread, starts calling everyone names for doing so before pissing off in a huff, goes to the Too Many Clubs thread (I was on long before he turned up, before you ask...) spouting much the same bilge as on here, gets his arse & other parts handed back to him as those outside of the Lowlands League section tend not to be as nice or patient, starts calling everyone names for doing so before pissing off in a huff, returns here for the inevitable more of the same.

'plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...'

:whistle

10 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Aye sorry, you're right about rounds 1,2,3 but Whitehill have never played in the prelim rounds so I never knew that paid nowt.

So we think that elimination in the Preliminary rounds means no cash payment at all? My understanding upto this point was that you got a flat payment regardless of whether you were eliminated in the First or Second Prelim Rounds or progressed to the First round, it was the same payment.

25 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

So we think that elimination in the Preliminary rounds means no cash payment at all? My understanding upto this point was that you got a flat payment regardless of whether you were eliminated in the First or Second Prelim Rounds or progressed to the First round, it was the same payment.

As fair as I'm aware there is a payment paid in the preliminary round.

The Oracle will soon inform us 

10 hours ago, sureiknow said:

Yeah that was my impression as well, but a flat payment so that playing in the Prelims didn't give you a financial advantage over those only entering in the First Round.

Iithgae poster quoted figures of £2600 for each preliminary round and the 1st round

In the Scottish cup thread. Tried copying and pasting but didn't work

16 hours ago, calmac25 said:

Iithgae poster quoted figures of £2600 for each preliminary round and the 1st round

In the Scottish cup thread. Tried copying and pasting but didn't work

Here you go, from HTG

"I believe the payments per round are now out. Each of the preliminary rounds along with the 1st round proper will see each club receive £2k per round plus a share of tv cash (£600 per game played) whether part of a highlights package or not. So a team which plays in both preliminary rounds and the 1st round will get £7800 plus share of gate. For a junior team like Bonnyrigg who look well placed to win their preliminary tie that would mean pretty much the equivalent to winning the Junior Cup. So to me, any thoughts of it hardly being worth the bother even for small clubs can be set aside. You're looking at 2600+ even if you get a hiding in your only game." 

Here you go, from HTG

"I believe the payments per round are now out. Each of the preliminary rounds along with the 1st round proper will see each club receive £2k per round plus a share of tv cash (£600 per game played) whether part of a highlights package or not. So a team which plays in both preliminary rounds and the 1st round will get £7800 plus share of gate. For a junior team like Bonnyrigg who look well placed to win their preliminary tie that would mean pretty much the equivalent to winning the Junior Cup. So to me, any thoughts of it hardly being worth the bother even for small clubs can be set aside. You're looking at 2600+ even if you get a hiding in your only game." 

Thanks!

On 27/09/2016 at 21:24, WaffenThinMint said:

Hate to break it to you, but nobody's writing off the LL; save Burnie_Man & a handful of similar losers from the Junior forums under the delusion that Scottish football - never mind the LL - cares anymore about what the Juniors may, one day, think about future cooperation with other levels when they finally manage to get their acts together to agree on a single collective thought (early forecasts for this being circa 2099, although some regard this as over optimistic). They had their chance & they blow it. End of.

As for my comments about St Roch's, its the epitome of a club that survives (just!) on the back of the local feral creatures of Royston's*** delusion that pretending to be Irish somehow makes their locality & their lives somehow more exotic & less pathetic than it is .

**or The Garngad as the real ultra Sham Irish Weegies like to call it. Apparantly the new name was all part of the Orange Masonic Iluminati conspiracy or whatever to wipe out their "culture" & stop Celtic winning the treble, or whatever..

It's absolutely hilarious that this post is your response to me calling you a crank. Way to prove me wrong!

On 27/09/2016 at 21:24, WaffenThinMint said:

Stil, good to see your humiliation on GD talking about subjects you hadn't a clue about hasn't bothered you that much that you've come stalking me over here looking for "revenge". Back in your box.

I didn't reply to you on GN because a continued argument would have stank out the thread and your post full of bizarro-world conspiracy theories and tangential ramblings spoke for itself. Since you're intent to bring it up though - don't suppose you have any evidence for your *ludicrous* claim that the spike in racial attacks since Brexit could be explained by Asian people attacking Eastern Europeans? You seemed to go awful quiet on that point when I asked in the other thread.