Team 16?

edinabear

3 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

HJ 

No saying that but having travelled myself across the Tyne Valley today and seeing what potentially could happen wi licensed teams I think we are Barking up the wrong tree in this league ?? 

I'd take my chances wi yer preliminaries by the way ?? 

District leagues 

Arniston Dalkeith, elsewhere other teams within 20 odd miles (very local teams within district and Premier) 

I'm expecting a hammering for this but if ww can play in "other" local leagues like these SOS teams then I'm all for it ?? 

As Cowden says junior hotbed,give us our license and  potential local games ??

Tell me that's wrong, I'm sure once other LL teams see what the Shire put into this league then maybe take my points on board ?? 

Its just a shame that all the parties couldn't have got together when the Lowland League came into being, could have been a cracking league with the cream of the juniors and non league seniors.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

I've read NB's post a couple of times now and struggled to decipher it - but if he's meaning he would like Whitehill to go Junior so they can play Midlothian clubs in Superleague (which of course requires going through District league and Premier division), while also continuing in the Scottish Cup (which of course assumes moving over with a licence would be OK'd) - it's worth noting SFA moved the goalposts from this season... Licensed clubs below or outwith HL / LL, and qualifiers, now contest preliminaries for 6 places in Scottish Cup proper.

My point HJ is I seen enough of the Shire last week,probably spoilt (stayed behind well after game and the tills were like kerching)  to see the only way ww would get that (and there's no denying the £ signs)  would be localised games. 

Today (and Dalbeattie)  is/are usually one of our highlights of the season but we never even took a bus. I'd like to bet my wages that was doon to the funds involved.  

Back onto today's game we played well the 1st half only to be steamrolled the 2nd. We were shouting aboot a striker yet I'm now in fear of our goals conceded and we're only a month into the season  ? We had 1 shot at goal the 2nd half and it's probably just landed by the North lakes  ??

We've played probably the top two without getting close to them and with nae disrespect to Selkirk or Hawick these are teams I'd expect the full 3 points. 

Today probably our level and very disappointed with result. 

Special thanks to the purple brolly holder who left it behind oor Gavs wheelchair. I will happily return it to its rightful owner next time we meet. I was like Mary Poppins trying to cross the elements of Gretna Green to the train station wi it (much appreciated) ?? 

Edit: also nice to meet the Gretna couple who make the effort and travel up from Preston, Lancashire week in week out.  

12 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

We've played probably the top two without getting close to them... 

If you care to check the League Table Nooks you will find you probably haven't played both of the Top Two. I agree you probably won't get close to them though. ;)

& what's all this pish about going Junior, I go to watch Bonnyrigg/Nitten at best once a season don't want to put the Welfare in the mix, that'd be making a 1 in 3 visit so would hardly recognize the place. I love the Spartans vs Welfare games, don't deny me my pleasure  

Like all teams are improving in this League, it's still early days, yous will find your feet or scoring boots soon enough. Good luck to the Welfare boys & girls for the rest of the season (except against us). 

Grimbo 

37 minutes ago, Grim O'Grady said:

If you care to check the League Table Nooks you will find you probably haven't played both of the Top Two. I agree you probably won't get close to them though. ;)

& what's all this pish about going Junior, I go to watch Bonnyrigg/Nitten at best once a season don't want to put the Welfare in the mix, that'd be making a 1 in 3 visit so would hardly recognize the place. I love the Spartans vs Welfare games, don't deny me my pleasure  

Like all teams are improving in this League, it's still early days, yous will find your feet or scoring boots soon enough. Good luck to the Welfare boys & girls for the rest of the season (except against us). 

Grimbo 

I said probably the top two ;)

Bonnyrigg, Nitten et al would spend money behind the bar, maybe your lot should try it when yous visit ;)

The Shire fans staying behind,you watch every LL club will be delighted to see them, proved what we could potentially get week in week oot playing against local teams. 

That's all I'm saying, I'm all for the LL by the way and these are only my opinions and certainly not that of the club BUT if clubs can play licensed in other leagues retaining sfa membership then there maybes could be other avenues to look at.

Even go back eos,conquer a very weak league and qualify for the Scottish every year that way without even the need for a license :o

Scottish fitba really needs someone to have balls and get non leagues unified.... 

20 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I said probably the top two ;)

Bonnyrigg, Nitten et al would spend money behind the bar, maybe your lot should try it when yous visit ;)

The Shire fans staying behind,you watch every LL club will be delighted to see them, proved what we could potentially get week in week oot playing against local teams. 

That's all I'm saying, I'm all for the LL by the way and these are only my opinions and certainly not that of the club BUT if clubs can play licensed in other leagues retaining sfa membership then there maybes could be other avenues to look at.

Even go back eos,conquer a very weak league and qualify for the Scottish every year that way without even the need for a license :o

Scottish fitba really needs someone to have balls and get non leagues unified.... 

It'll happen, it only took this long to get the pyramid running so far. I predict in the next 50 to 100 years we'll get it unified, have a bit of patience Nooky lad. 

Grimbo 

15 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

HJ 

No saying that but having travelled myself across the Tyne Valley today and seeing what potentially could happen wi licensed teams I think we are Barking up the wrong tree in this league ?? 

I'd take my chances wi yer preliminaries by the way ?? 

District leagues 

Arniston Dalkeith, elsewhere other teams within 20 odd miles (very local teams within district and Premier) 

I'm expecting a hammering for this but if ww can play in "other" local leagues like these SOS teams then I'm all for it ?? 

As Cowden says junior hotbed,give us our license and  potential local games ??

Tell me that's wrong, I'm sure once other LL teams see what the Shire put into this league then maybe take my points on board ?? 

Whits awe this Junior talk Broony, this is a LL thread  ^_^

However, welcome aboard, the more people associated with the LL calling it out for what it is, a clusterfuck, then the better. I'm not sure the tills will be ringing when Edusport come visiting next season.

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Whits awe this Junior talk Broony, this is a LL thread  ^_^

However, welcome aboard, the more people associated with the LL calling it out for what it is, a clusterfuck, then the better. I'm not sure the tills will be ringing when Edusport come visiting next season.

Ha just knew it would rattle your cage I never called it a clusterfcuk either, it's a league that is here to stay whether you like it or not (I like it by the way but my opinion was that it might just not be suited to the club I follow) so no need to try playing the smart erse again ;)

Definitely will be interesting to see how the supporting cast in the LL that isn't regularly chasing the SPFL playoff spot views the LL 5 to 10 years from now. A club like Whitehill Welfare used to win things reasonably regularly in the EoS premier and that probably made up for the lack of games against the top Mid- and East Lothian junior clubs. Understandable that mid-table anonymity due to clubs like East Kilbride, Cumbernauld Colts and East Stirling stealing their thunder would make visits by clubs with little to no support no longer seem quite so appealing compared to a game against Tranent or Penicuik.

7 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Ha just knew it would rattle your cage I never called it a clusterfcuk either, it's a league that is here to stay whether you like it or not (I like it by the way but my opinion was that it might just not be suited to the club I follow) so no need to try playing the smart erse again ;)

If it's not suited to a club like WW, then it's a clusterfuck  :P

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Definitely will be interesting to see how the supporting cast in the LL that isn't regularly chasing the SPFL playoff spot views the LL 5 to 10 years from now. A club like Whitehill Welfare used to win things reasonably regularly in the EoS premier and that probably made up for the lack of games against the top Mid- and East Lothian junior clubs. Understandable that mid-table anonymity due to clubs like East Kilbride, Cumbernauld Colts and East Stirling stealing their thunder would make visits by clubs with little to no support no longer seem quite so appealing compared to a game against Tranent or Penicuik.

Nice try

2 of the club's you mentioned are well backed and most likely won't be in the LL in 5 to 10 years from now though,I'm fairly confident of that ;)

Lowland League East
Bo’ness United
Bonnyrigg Rose
Broxburn Athletic
Civil Service Strollers
Edinburgh University
Gala Fairydean Rovers
Hawick Royal Albert
Hill of Beath
Kelty Hearts
Linlithgow Rose
Newtongrange Star
Preston Athletic
Selkirk
Spartans
Vale of Leithen
Whitehill Welfare

Lowland League West
Arthurlie
Auchinleck Talbot
Beith
BSC Glasgow
Clydebank
Cumbernauld Colts
Dalbeattie Star
East Kilbride
East Stirlingshire
Gretna 2008
Petershill
Pollok
Rutherglen Glencairn
St.Cuthbert Wanderers
Threave Rovers
University of Stirling

I strongly believe that if the SFA/LL/LL clubs held their hands up and admitted the current set-up isn't working and engage with the SJFA with the intention to move to an East/West set-up, then in the next 5 years we could have the above, with both leagues relegating into the current East and West Superleagues, with the EoS merged and the SoS tagged to the Ayrshire District League. Bingo.

Licencing criteria could be suspended for a couple of seasons to allow Junior clubs to catch up (are VoL even licenced yet?)

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I strongly believe that if the SFA/LL/LL clubs held their hands up and admitted the current set-up isn't working and engage with the SJFA with the intention to move to an East/West set-up, then in the next 5 years we could have the above, with both leagues relegating into the current East and West Superleagues, with the EoS merged and the SoS tagged to the Ayrshire District League. Bingo.

Licencing criteria could be suspended for a couple of seasons to allow Junior clubs to catch up (are VoL even licenced yet?)

Burnie, given that the SFA/SPFL plus Regan and Cockwomble don't really give a fourex what happens below their setup, it's up to the LL, SJFA, EOSL etc to get their act together first and present a unified front. That's what happened in the English system as they keep telling us.

13 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Burnie tell Edinburgjh City it isn't working? 

We all had the chance at the discussion stage of the pyramid. Will the SJA hold up their hands & admit they sat on them? 

How many Junior teams want in the pyramid? 

Grimbo 

There is no pyramid without the junior teams and most junior teams when surveyed responded that they were interested in a pyramid, just not the one that was on offer from the SFA/SFL that kept four national divisions intact complete with Elgin on the proverbial rainy Tuesday night in February and the bizarre north-south split at tier 5 that resulted in invites for only up to 16 clubs in the central belt rather than an attempt to genuinely integrate.

50 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Burnie, given that the SFA/SPFL plus Regan and Cockwomble don't really give a fourex what happens below their setup, it's up to the LL, SJFA, EOSL etc to get their act together first and present a unified front. That's what happened in the English system as they keep telling us.

Agreed, perhaps time for the LL clubs themselves to start asking questions, particularly given the state of the EoSFL. That's assuming they recognise or accept that the LL needs to change for Junior clubs ever to be involved.

46 minutes ago, Grim O'Grady said:

Burnie tell Edinburgjh City it isn't working? 

We all had the chance at the discussion stage of the pyramid. Will the SJA hold up their hands & admit they sat on them? 

How many Junior teams want in the pyramid? 

Grimbo 

It works at the top end, of course it does, but I assume even you see that it's not heading in the right direction.

Forget the past, it's done, the question now is what next.

As I said above, people need to start talking, people need to accept that a single LL is not the right way to progress and wont attract Junior clubs, because they wont move to the SoS or EoS to get into it, the EoS is on its last legs anyway.

Archived