Team 16?

edinabear

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its pretty astonishing that we have no answers to any of the questions asked on this thread! The lack of info from the SPFL is shocking. Has it ever been officially confirmed that the EofSL and SofSL are tier 6 or have we all just assumed this?

Its nothing to do with the SPFL unless one of its members gets relegated into the LL. Up to the SLFL to decide who they bring in from the other end.

Its pretty astonishing that we have no answers to any of the questions asked on this thread! The lack of info from the SPFL is shocking. Has it ever been officially confirmed that the EofSL and SofSL are tier 6 or have we all just assumed this?

I enquired some time ago on the LL's official Twitter feed, response was that relegation to SoS/EoS officially began last season.

No, they are definitely tier 6. The LL negotiated with them both last season about promotion/relegation. It was agreed by a vote at the LL AGM.

It's only mid January. I'd be surprised if the LL was inviting anybody this time last year. I'm sure HJ can confirm.

What info you need from the SPFL that shocks you by it's lack :lol: You already have the playoff dates.

What other questions you got man :lol:

No, they are definitely tier 6. The LL negotiated with them both last season about promotion/relegation. It was agreed by a vote at the LL AGM.

It's only mid January. I'd be surprised if the LL was inviting anybody this time last year. I'm sure HJ can confirm.

What info you need from the SPFL that shocks you by it's lack :lol: You already have the playoff dates.

What other questions you got man :lol:

Actually iirc the LL posted some time back that applicants had to be members and licneced by the time they considered them and that meant that they had to be inspected or whatever hapens by the end of January. Not sure but i thouhgt the closing date is this month.

Actually iirc the LL posted some time back that applicants had to be members and licneced by the time they considered them and that meant that they had to be inspected or whatever hapens by the end of January. Not sure but i thouhgt the closing date is this month.

You are correct. The timetable for clubs that are not yet licensed, full members of the SFA is that they need to have their licensing applications considered in February which means, in effect, that they must have their licensing audit by the end of this month.

Yes, got entry level in July.

p.s. shocker Brown Brogue. I'm sure you never had the Spamtins as your team before.

Yeah but by his posts and disappointment at their performances over the last two years he has shown he is. Pretty sure you've even used the phrase 'us' to describe them BB.

Yeah but by his posts and disappointment at their performances over the last two years he has shown he is. Pretty sure you've even used the phrase 'us' to describe them BB.

The thing is, just yesterday I looked at my profile and he was listed as a friend. I'm away for a bath :lol:

Your question was daft then. If a SPFL team goes down into the LL then the LL champions go up. 16-1+1 = 16.

Not necessarly, they would need to win the play-off with the Highland League champions and then beat the bottom team in division two (assuming the bottom team is in the Lowland League catchment area, e.g East Stirlingshire)

Should the HL champions beat the LL champions and then defeat East Stirlingshire, the HL side would be promoted and East Stirlingshire would go into the LL.

Not necessarly, they would need to win the play-off with the Highland League champions and then beat the bottom team in division two (assuming the bottom team is in the Lowland League catchment area, e.g East Stirlingshire)

Should the HL champions beat the LL champions and then defeat East Stirlingshire, the HL side would be promoted and East Stirlingshire would go into the LL.

You never read the previous quotes between sureiknow and me. I already asked if he was meaning the Highland team got in.

There's no automatic promotion

Aye but there's no automatic relegation either so your question was still daft.

Edit - apologies for coming across as a cyberbully but your query was a bit strange and I tried answering seriously at first

Aye but there's no automatic relegation either so your question was still daft.

Edit - apologies for coming across as a cyberbully but your query was a bit strange and I tried answering seriously at first

Not daft at all.

Next season there is 16 teams.

If one gets relegated to the L.L. and no team gets relegated from the L.L. that makes 17 for the following season.

Or am I missing something obvious here?

Archived