Team 16?

edinabear

10 hours ago, sureiknow said:

As fair as I'm aware there is a payment paid in the preliminary round.

The Oracle will soon inform us 

Yeah that was my impression as well, but a flat payment so that playing in the Prelims didn't give you a financial advantage over those only entering in the First Round.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As fair as I'm aware there is a payment paid in the preliminary round.

The Oracle will soon inform us 

Iithgae poster quoted figures of £2600 for each preliminary round and the 1st round

In the Scottish cup thread. Tried copying and pasting but didn't work

16 hours ago, calmac25 said:

Iithgae poster quoted figures of £2600 for each preliminary round and the 1st round

In the Scottish cup thread. Tried copying and pasting but didn't work

Here you go, from HTG

"I believe the payments per round are now out. Each of the preliminary rounds along with the 1st round proper will see each club receive £2k per round plus a share of tv cash (£600 per game played) whether part of a highlights package or not. So a team which plays in both preliminary rounds and the 1st round will get £7800 plus share of gate. For a junior team like Bonnyrigg who look well placed to win their preliminary tie that would mean pretty much the equivalent to winning the Junior Cup. So to me, any thoughts of it hardly being worth the bother even for small clubs can be set aside. You're looking at 2600+ even if you get a hiding in your only game." 

Here you go, from HTG

"I believe the payments per round are now out. Each of the preliminary rounds along with the 1st round proper will see each club receive £2k per round plus a share of tv cash (£600 per game played) whether part of a highlights package or not. So a team which plays in both preliminary rounds and the 1st round will get £7800 plus share of gate. For a junior team like Bonnyrigg who look well placed to win their preliminary tie that would mean pretty much the equivalent to winning the Junior Cup. So to me, any thoughts of it hardly being worth the bother even for small clubs can be set aside. You're looking at 2600+ even if you get a hiding in your only game." 

Thanks!

Archived